• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying things In Closseum

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Ha, the girl is ammusing. Every time a shadow pokemon appears, she successfully manages to change facial expressions! She never says much besides something along the lines of "OH NOES! there is a shadow pokemon!!!
The fact that she follows you all the time is annoying. It's funny however if you are in the under and get her lost, and then go aboard the spaceship - the cutscene is longer as it waits for her to find you again... she eventually comes.

I think however the game is long enough to be ok inlength without side quests as pokemon games go, - you can always beat the colosseum, and mt battle as well to get ho-oh which takes time.

One thing I do not like are the many plot gaps in the storyline (not to mention xd's plot gaps...)

They annoy me so much I've decided to write a story based on the storyline that 'explains' things that aren't explained (in my sig if you are interested).

Other things I'm annoyed with? Saving at computers, fact that after you beat the game and all, nobody registers that fact and just tells you to 'defeat cipher' over and over, and that's all I can think of at the moment...
Overall though it is a good game in my opinion, and I like the concept of 'snagging' pokemon. If only it was fully developed (i.e. like say ruby when you have gyms, catch wild pokemon, routes, etc), it would be a winner.

Oh and thorn6066, the funniest thing in the game is miror b. :)

thorn6066

Ha, the girl is ammusing. Every time a shadow pokemon appears, she successfully manages to change facial expressions! She never says much besides something along the lines of "OH NOES! there is a shadow pokemon!!!
The fact that she follows you all the time is annoying. It's funny however if you are in the under and get her lost, and then go aboard the spaceship - the cutscene is longer as it waits for her to find you again... she eventually comes.

I think however the game is long enough to be ok inlength without side quests as pokemon games go, - you can always beat the colosseum, and mt battle as well to get ho-oh which takes time.

One thing I do not like are the many plot gaps in the storyline (not to mention xd's plot gaps...)

They annoy me so much I've decided to write a story based on the storyline that 'explains' things that aren't explained (in my sig if you are interested).

Other things I'm annoyed with? Saving at computers, fact that after you beat the game and all, nobody registers that fact and just tells you to 'defeat cipher' over and over, and that's all I can think of at the moment...
Overall though it is a good game in my opinion, and I like the concept of 'snagging' pokemon. If only it was fully developed (i.e. like say ruby when you have gyms, catch wild pokemon, routes, etc), it would be a winner.

Oh and thorn6066, the funniest thing in the game is miror b. :)

lol, is that a guy or a girl? Never got that part, now that you mention it, and i read some of ur story thing, those question are good.. makes me wounder. Ya but i like the fact that you can snag out ppl pokemon and they dont seem to care, heck i would.

_Aerodactyl_

Skilled Trainer
I hated how the main character just walked soooo sloow

harryv

Gecko Moria
its annoying when you ahve to complete the story line to such but pokemon from ruby saphire emerrald leaf grean and firered

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
- the fact that none of the names have ever been used in the real world. (Skrub? Liaks? Miror B.?)

- lack of selection insofar as pokemon to use are concerned (only 51 pokes altogether, after beating the game and getting ho-oh), at least XD had 96.

- no single battles?

- (reiterate all the stuff i said in my last post and agree with much else that has been said.)

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Actually, there's Willie, that's a real name. So are Wesley and Justin, which is what I assume Wes and Justy are short for. And I think Mort. (Mort's just a random researcher in Area 1 of Mt. Battle.) I've always thought Skrub sounded like a brand of soap.

XD and Colo have much to work on with facial expressions. Ardos smiling as he walks off furious? Why smiling? Gimme a second to think of a Colo example.

No one thinks it's very unusual to see a Shadow Entei. Rui just comments as if it were a regular Shadow Pokemon. Please, tell me that she says something different for The Ultimate Shadow Pokemon Tyranitar...

And people in both Colosseum and XD are, when you reach the end, permanently stuck in a pre-Realgam/Citidark attitude. I defeated Cipher; now show some recognition that I did!

Miror B. was just freaky. I don't have a problem with him, though.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
XD and Colo have much to work on with facial expressions. Ardos smiling as he walks off furious? Why smiling? Gimme a second to think of a Colo example.

Here's some examples:
Rui ALWAYS SMILES unless she is annoucing the presence of a shadow pokemon. Then she looks angry/sad. Not a good expression, her smile, at imes - especially when you fight against the mayor:
*Mayor reveals himself as evil*
Rui: (smiling) I thought you were good!
Later when mayor tries to escape by helicopter:
Rui: (smiling) Oh no! He's getting away!
As for her mentions about shadow pokemon... she only says something different for Makuhita, the first shadow I'm afraid.

Wes keeps the same face as well more or less, except when he is blowing up Team Snagem's base at the beginning, when his smile is... not a prize winning one.

XD does a better job at this (your mother actually looks sad AND Jovi looks scared at an appropiate time? Egads!), but not with the main character. He always smiles, even when the professer is getting kidnapped:
Evil guy: Let's run away and kidnap the professer! *puts professer in van and drives off*
*Main character runs after van, SMILING at kidnapping of professor* (maybe he's evil as well?)

He changes expressions only in the scene when his scooter is stuck in the sand - it it's pretty funny to watch him if you don't press anything and observe him (cue image of main character with 'angry' face while attempting to drive scooter). Hehehe... good old inability to change facial expressions successfully.

All cpu characters in Colo and XD suffer amensia - they forget whenever you beat the game or not...

pokefan90

<<Evil???
Something that really annoyed me was reseting for entei when I had no masterball, barely any pokeballs, and no mony to purchase theese with. Then a year later I join this forums and learn that there was a pokeball glitch >.>

Another thing was, like afore mentioned, when you walk on a tiny hall, you want to go back, girl blocks your way, GET OUT THE DAMN WAY WOMAN!!!

You also couldn't play as a girl, WTF is THAT? I know there are plenty of girls who would have liked a female hero in this thing.

Every where I go, every other trainer, no matter where I go, they say the same line. Can't you add some variety?

Theor pokemon went up in level and evolved, for some of them, ONCE. You get barely any battles in that town where her grandparents live. I like the in-battle waterfall scenery ;_;

One thing I DID like was that this time, the trainer was no sissy boy *glares at paul from Diamond Version*, then they had to mess it up in XD with a kid that looks like he still wears diapers X_X

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Also, I forgot to mention this - what's with Wes's super-magical coat?
Let me explain. Whenever you are in battle, Wes's coat will start waving the the breeze behind him. What isn't good about that is when you are in the lab in the desert, battling scientists, peons, and whatnot, some of your opponent's clothes also wave in the breeze.
Only in the opposite direction to Wes's coat.
INSIDE a building.

So basically, you see Wes's coat going one way, the opponent's clothes going another, and all of this INSIDE A BUILDING. What, is there some kind of a dimensional rift in the middle of the battle field?

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
The main character reminds me of Edward Elric (what with the metal arm, the long coat and black pants). But that doesn't really annoy me. ^^;

I hate that you can't save wherever you want. It makes my shiny Suicune hunting a whole lot harder. >_>

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
Saving at PCs is definitely annoying, but what really gets me peeved is when you get a shadow down to like 1 HP and they use Shadow Rush and kill themselves.

(screams loudly at Entei)

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
I hated that Shadow Pokémon killed themself too.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
i hate how the shadow pokemon are like super hard to catch

i get murkrow down to like 3hp and throw an ultra ball, and it still escapes

i also hate the girl blocking my way, and how entei and Suicune are superhard to purify

Eeveetrainer

Hmm... let's see...Shadow Pokemon killing themselves, you can ONLY save at PC's, the girl follows you every where and blocks your way, and also when a pokemon uses fly, (Noctowl) It is about to use the attack, and then you see it STANDING in midair!

~;133;

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
pretty much all of the above, plus a duller than outskirt stand soundtrack hello i'm not a computer

but i really liked the miror b soundtrack

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
1) How you have to beat the game to trade with 3rd generation games.
2) How shadow pokemon just kill themselves with shadow rush.

dinhd101

i think its fairer if you have to beat the game to trade.
i think everyone is annoyed with the saving at PCs thing-and the 2 min walks in between pcs in realgam.
i hate the realgam maze for that matter
the girl(i always try to lose her around corners in agate village, then when i walk far enough and go behind a building, she just suddenly reappears)
the inability to go very quick (and when the girl comes running after me, she's running faster than me!)
the final battles, and having to beat all 6 people in a row, and you can't just go along with one set. i only trained espeon and ignored umbreon(cause i got it in xd) and its the strongest. then i get to the fifth guy and he has a dusclops!
the lack of colours in the game(look at a lombre in battle, only one shade of blue)
the boring shadow rush. at least xd had things like shadow ice and shadow flame
how calling to hyper pokemon decreases their bar, but hyper pokemon have higher critical hit ratios
how shadow rush is a physical attack (i know because the heracross has a really high attack and its normal shadow rush does as much damage as a critical hit shadow rush)

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
I hate how the shadow pokemon randomly go into hyper mode. I also hate how long it takes to purifly the shadow pokemon without a time flute

Ciliz

The fact you can't copy/move the data.

Memory card's memory got wiped after I sold the game.