• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying Things on the Internet

Livi

Memory Seeker
ADS, ADS, ADS. EVERYWHERE.

So annoying. :<

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
ADS, ADS, ADS. EVERYWHERE.

So annoying. :<

Man (or ma'am, your gender appears to be neutral), do you use Firefox? Adblock makes les tubes into an entirely different place, and I'm not even a spambot.

BTW, I <3 trolls and everything they do for our community. They might be shunned upon by the majority of people, but in truth they are vigilantes, fighting for the betterment of our tubes.

BlazingCold

My biggest annyoance would have to be watching a 1 minute YouTube ad for a 15 second video.

Anything above 30 seconds has the skip button on it.

I <3 memes, (pronounced MEEM), so basically all the stupid youtube videos that you get all excited over (like Totodile singing Firework) but then it's just a slideshow with firework playing in the background.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
BTW, I <3 trolls and everything they do for our community. They might be shunned upon by the majority of people, but in truth they are vigilantes, fighting for the betterment of our tubes.

amen, sister

Btw, I hate people who make clever comments on Youtube. They're the only ones stopping them from removing comments altogether.

Yad

I am perfectly normal with memes, MLP:FiM fans,trolls (i like to think they are like Homestuck trolls and they live on Alternia :D), ads and EVERYTHING.
Only thing i really hate is rule 34 -___-

Zappy!

Fly Birdy, Fly!
Speaking of YouTube, those who go ballistic at you for making a negative comment about, say, a music video and start going crazy in private messages to you about that comment. I mean, I was only stating my opinion. (-.-)

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I am perfectly normal with memes, MLP:FiM fans,trolls (i like to think they are like Homestuck trolls and they live on Alternia :D), ads and EVERYTHING.

Ah yes good old rule 34...I can imagine that would get old really fast....actually that would be old after you see that pointed out once....

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Well since trolls are idiotic and hilarious(to laugh at not with), and as many of the "annoying things" on the internet can be avoided by not looking for it, it would be the things forced upon me.

I don't mind ads, but like the OP i hate the youtube ads, and ads before vids in general. Also i have had cases where the ad obstructs the view of the video and can't be clicked away(not youtube). I wish all ads could just stick to being banners at the top and/or along the side of the page. And the ads that pop out and make loud noises when you roll over them are pretty annoying too, though ive learnt to identify and avoid them now.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I usual don't dislike pop-ups, I just hate the ones with sound >.<

It always ruins what song I am listening to.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Too many to count. I think the internet, the less merciful (most of the internet) part, is meant for those in high school and up. This place is totally unforgiving. I've seen children (under thirteen) make fools of themselves on the internet only to be lambasted by adults and those older than them.

I've learned that the internet is not for the soft-hearted. Especially forums...

Rule 63 is even weirder. (aka the genderbend rule)

I am perfectly normal with memes, MLP:FiM fans,trolls (i like to think they are like Homestuck trolls and they live on Alternia ), ads and EVERYTHING.

We're not a costume.

We're a culture.

This is NOT okay.

No. 1 Machop Fan

People using pathetic grammar, particularly the wrong there/their/they're, your/you're, to/too/two and even lose/loose!

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
Rule 34. I can't go on Google Images to find a picture of Gardevoir and Gallade without some brain bleach.