• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying Type Weaknesses

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Fear impedes psychic abilities, and Bug, Ghost and Dark represent the three things people fear. Also supported by the Rattled ability.
I like this explanation the most.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Rattled is a dream world ability which if the pokemon gets hit with a dark, bug or ghost type move, it gets 'scared' and it's speed is raised by 1 stage.
So they are the 'fear' types which Jigglychu mentioned.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
What about Dark being strong against Psychic (which it should be weak) and Weak against Fighting (which it should be neutral, because black magicians probably can make a spell for defeating a fighter)

And why in the world Psychic is weak against Bug? It makes no sense!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
What about Dark being strong against Psychic (which it should be weak) and Weak against Fighting (which it should be neutral, because black magicians probably can make a spell for defeating a fighter)

[img139]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I9aZqiofLN8/TVHefSiizuI/AAAAAAAAAKE/q9Orh63o0GQ/s1600/gif+stitch.gif[/img139]

Seriously, is it too much to ask to read the last couple of posts? 90% of this thread is people answeting a question, only to have the next poster ask the exact same one, making this thread an endless cycle.

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事

What the person said before me.

And how many people do I need to explain this to? Dark is not Black Magicians; It's cheap, underhanded, dirty tactics. See: Sucker Punch (Original, Japanese name is Ambush/Surprise Attack), Pursuit (chasing a retreating foe), Bite+Crunch (biting is always considered dirty fighting), etc.

fhqwhgads

Darkness clouds minds.

Honorable fighting beats underhanded Dark tactics.

Bugs are too simple-minded to be affected by mind powers(alternative explanation is the phobia one).

This has literally been echoed dozens of times in this thread.

fhqwhgads

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
For pete's sake, just answer his question rather than flaming him for not happening to look back 2 posts. People don't always have ALL the time they need to read the whole thread you know.

Since when is writing "headdesk" flaming?

And I have answered the question. Over and over and over again. Right after I post the answer, somebody comes along and asks the exact same thing. It gets a little tiring. I'm not asking people to read the entire thread cover to cover, but they could at least read a few posts above theirs. That's what I usually do, anyway.

MdeSilva

Mde's got a 3DS!
What type of Pokemon do you wish had different weaknesses?

Which do not make sense?

For me, I do not get why poison is weak to ground.....

Nor do I get why Flying is weak to rock...

Flying is weak to rock because you can throw rocks at birs and make them fall down.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Dark is weak to Bug? Why's that?

Because bugs, being, well, bugs, don't really have much trouble beating cheaters.

I bet there's a better reason than that, but that's the best I can phrase it at the moment.

Why is fire weak to water?

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
And why is Fighting supereffective against Rock/Steel?

I've yet to see someone break a boulder or a sword by punching it -.-

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Don't understand these:

Ice > Dragon
Fight > Normal

However, I believe that Ice should be SE against Water, and Poison should be resistant against Dragon.

Ice IS the water. Ice is FROZEN water. If the type was named "Cold" or "Blizzard", THEN it would be strong against Water. This is the third time I explained this. Dragons are Coldblooded, and when they are cold, they die. Normal needed a weakness or something.
Ask me any "confusing" type match-ups.