• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying Type Weaknesses

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
@Inch
Fine then. Explain why Dark is weak to Bug.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Why is fire weak to water?

You did NOT ask that, did you? Water puts out the Fire. This is THE simplest type match-up in the game, and you ASK? Is there a sign in your head that says "Room for Rent"?

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
@Inch
Fine then. Explain why Dark is weak to Bug.

A few reasons, really:
One: Most bugs are mostly Nocturnal( Key word:most),
Two: Bugs themselves use moves that can be considered "Dirty", and
Three: Bugs have no fears

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
@Inch
Have yet to meet a fly who didn't run away from a flyswatter.
Plus, so that means the saying: "That bug is more scared of you then you are of him" is wrong?
Why can't bugs have fears?

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
@Inch
Have yet to meet a fly who didn't run away from a flyswatter.
Plus, so that means the saying: "That bug is more scared of you then you are of him" is wrong?
Why can't bugs have fears?

It's a survival instinct. I never thought of them scared-only aggressive. Well, let me put it this way: They have FEW fears. Happy?

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
@Inchtall
Sadly, no. The fear thing is more of a Ghost-thing. Not a Dark thing.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Dark is weak to Bug? Why's that?
I guess if I had to come up with an idea. Bugs are pretty hard to scare off if we consider dark types evil. Bugs think in a hive mind thoughts and think of the colony as whole rather then itself. Course this only applies to things like bees and ants but sounds good nonetheless. Dark types are also part of fear just as much as Ghosts are I'm not sure why you'd deny it though.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Again, the fear type of thing relates more to Ghost-types then Dark-types. Nightmare, and practically all Ghost bios have something to do how scary they are.

The other reasons aren't very true either. VERY few bugs are actually nocturnal. Only ones that really are crickets and coackroaches.

Last edited:
You did NOT ask that, did you? Water puts out the Fire. This is THE simplest type match-up in the game, and you ASK? Is there a sign in your head that says "Room for Rent"?

I was trolling. I don't see the point of a topic where people ask why one type is weak to the other. They are all pretty obvious.

Skydra

@Inchtall
Sadly, no. The fear thing is more of a Ghost-thing. Not a Dark thing.

Fear of the dark. Simple. And even without fear of darkness specifically, many human beings has fear of something in the dark. Bugs not really having a fear of the dark, similar to what was mentioned, they do not have a fear of the dark, and thus are the rock to Dark's scissors.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Again, practically no bugs are active at night. Or atleast the ones that are most common. Feel free to give me examples.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
I, honestly, have a hard time with Ice<Steel, but I soon figured it out:
Throw a chunk of Steel/Metal/Iron/Etc.and you will probably see it crack. Another reason would be that Frost can form on anything, but can easily be wiped off

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Also Bugs do not fear death at least those that live in colonies. They don't think nothing of themselves more than just a small part of a whole being. They'd easily sacrifice themselves to save the whole and are therefore pretty fearless.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Why are we instantly relating Darkness to death? They have no relation. Fire is more common to death than Darkness. I don't think anyone dies because of darkness. People DO die because of fire, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
"so, two questions: why is dragon weak to ice, and why is psychic weak to dark?" no. just kidding. i know these two anyway.

but in all honesty, i never got the poison immunity that steels get. not sure if this has already been asked.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Why are we instantly relating Darkness to death? They have no relation. Fire is more common to death than Darkness. I don't think anyone dies because of darkness. People DO die because of fire, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc.
It's not about death but it shows they have little fear since they are not scared of death. I mentioned fearless very often and never said darkness=death. If anything thats the ghost's territory.
Also assuming Steel types are mostly steel you can't really poison something like that.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
And Ghost types are much more about fear than Darkness. The only one Darkness Pokemon ever to relate with fear was Darkrai.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
"so, two questions: why is dragon weak to ice, and why is psychic weak to dark?" no. just kidding. i know these two anyway.

but in all honesty, i never got the poison immunity that steels get. not sure if this has already been asked.

Try and poison a Robot with raw eggs. Doesn't work. Try spraying certain chemicals into a robot that would normally kill a Human. Robot stays alive. You can't poison something that is not living.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The pokedex says a lot of things this doesn't mean the concept is completely absent just because the fictional device never mentions it. Evil is always something related to using fear or negative emotions to get the best of you. We can assume Dark Types are evil. Bugs don't really dwell on these feelings because to them they don't really have this mind set.