• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying Type Weaknesses

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
And exactly why do we assume Dark is Evil? Just because dark is probably the least unknown element in the world doesn't mean it has to be Evil. Dark is simply the absence of light.

legendarypokemonmaster

We can assume Dark Types are evil.
No... That makes no sense at all. Is Umbreon evil? Don't try to stereotype a pokemon type.

Zachmac

Dark types pull mind Games and Dirty tricks. They beat ghost since they aren't afraid of them, and ghost rely a lot on fear, like as the move lick. Would you like to be licked?

Dark types are supposed to be scary, not evil.
Bugs don't really dwell on these feelings because to them they don't really have this mind set.
...And that's how this really works.

Swagmander

I thought of a valid reason why bug is super-effective against Psychic. It's because the Japanese are very smart (almost to the point of being psychic) yet Tokyo is always being attacked by giant bugs.

ZeroKyurem

Final Smash User
And exactly why do we assume Dark is Evil? Just because dark is probably the least unknown element in the world doesn't mean it has to be Evil. Dark is simply the absence of light.

Then, how come there isn't a Light type? Light and Darkness must balance each other.

I thought of a valid reason why bug is super-effective against Psychic. It's because the Japanese are very smart (almost to the point of being psychic) yet Tokyo is always being attacked by giant bugs.

Actually I think the reason that Psychic is weak to bug (As well as dark and ghost) Is that they are things that a lot of people tend to be afraid of

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Actually I think the reason that Psychic is weak to bug (As well as dark and ghost) Is that they are common phobias

I thought bugs are SE against psychic because bugs are annoying; Psychic need concentration to launch their attacks, and buzzing bugs make that harder to do.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
Answer to all your problematic type matchups!

The Normal-type is basically any move that doesn't fall under a particular category.

The Fire- is any fire-related move. It is weak to Water- because it takes away the heat from the type. It is strong agains Grass- and Bug- because of forest fires burning at forests.

Swagmander

I don't get why Ghost doesn't affect Normal. The inverse makes sense, but not this one...

Lickilicky

Lickilicky Trainer
Not a weakness, but i don't understand why Dragons are super effective only against other Dragons;

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Because Dragons are the only thing that knows other Dragons' weaknesses....
Ghost on Normal equals no damage probably because normal people don't believe in ghosts.....

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
We can assume Dark Types are evil.

It doesn't make any sense until you realize in Japan, where the game originates, it's called EVIL TYPE.

Yes, but it's been emphasized again and again that they are not evil. Absol was not evil. Darkrai was (in most mediums) not evil. Etc, etc.
Just because it's the "Aku" type, does not make all Dark-type inherently evil.

fhqwhgads

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Because Dragons are the only thing that knows other Dragons' weaknesses....
That can't be right...because Dragons are clearly not the only thing that knows other Dragon's weaknesses, because Dragon is also weak to Ice.

So, why shouldn't dragon be super effective against anything else? Hm?

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
Try and poison a Robot with raw eggs. Doesn't work. Try spraying certain chemicals into a robot that would normally kill a Human. Robot stays alive. You can't poison something that is not living.

They should have made ghosts immune too.

Edit: Poison covers a lot of acid-based moves. I imagine acid burning through metal.

Last edited:

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
They should have made ghosts immune too.

Edit: Poison covers a lot of acid-based moves. I imagine acid burning through metal.

Eh, true. But Steel is harder than Metal, and I don't see Sludge melting through a Sky scrapper anytime soon. These Poison moves are about Crippling the enemy down. Have you noticed that most Poison type moves either Poison or Badly Poison the enemy? This isn't about acids, this is about melting down the enemy in toxic sludge, until they stop moving, stop breathing...

Dragon on Dragon is a tough one. There are stories of Dragon fighting Dragon fiercely...but the most probable reason was Dragon Types were pretty much unstoppable, so they needed to add a Strength AND weakness, so they chose Dragon

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Dragon and Dragon is annoying.

Since Dragon type VS dragon type would just self-destruct kill each other.

I would have an ice type, but most Dragon's know Flamethrower or so.

Which is why I give ice beam to a water type, and dragon claw to a non-dragon type.