• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another Autumn Friendly RMT, NO TERRACOTTA :O

Psycho Cut

Ok, so I decided to give the Autumn Friendly a go, but this isn't really my area of expertise, but I've given it a good shot.

The General Theme Of The Team

I've decided not to jump in the bandwagon here and use TerraCotta, mostly because it can be stopped easily, and many people will be using it and therefore expecting it. I've gone with a still-known, but less-used combo to start: TR Spore Amoongus. Since it's only a 4vs4 battle, I gathered TR'd be a good bet, as I'd have time to sweep. Bearing that in mind, I've incuded 2 TR Sweepers. I've then added a pokemon that operates well inside and outside TR, and can also set it up again if need be. And Finally, a wall.

Rules

Please bear in mind these rules when rating the team.

• VCG 2011 Rules
  • Double battles set at lv. 50
  • Only UNOVA pokemon allowed (except Victini/Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem)
  • Item clause :(
  • No hax/sleep clauses

Also, please don't suggest hidden power as a move, it will take me ages to breed for it. I only have 10 days!

Team At A Glance

579.gif
591.gif
609.gif
534.gif
547.gif
563.gif

Team In Detail

Lead Duo

579.gif
591.gif

Reuinclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 Sp.Atk
Moves:
--Trick Room
--Recover
--Psychic
--Focus Blast/Calm Mind

Individual Analysis: Sets up TR, obviously. He has lots of Defensive investment to counter terrakion. Recover is recovery, psychic is main STAB and as for the last slot, Focus Blast gives me better coverage, and saves me being walled by ghosts, although Calm Mind gives me more power.

Amoongus @ Black Sludge
Effect Spore
Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Rage Powder
--Spore
--Protect
--Giga Drain

Individual Analysis: The main idea of this pokemon is to spam Spore, thanks to the fact there's no sleep clause. Rage Powder is to attract Whimsicott's Beat Up, preventing Terrakion from gaining its attack boost. Protect is to also allow TR to be set up, when there's no whimsicott to distract and I think the opponent will be targeting me anyway. Giga Drain is STAB + Recovery and prevents be from being tauny bait.

Dual Analysis:

Amoongus used Rage Powder
Whimsicott used Beat Up. ON AMOONGUS.
Terrakion used Rock Slide, WITH NO ATTACK BOOST. It didn't do much.
Reuniclus uses TR!

Amoongus uses Spore!

Psycho Cut wins! (Hopefully)

Anyway, on with the team:

609.gif

Chandelure @ Macho Brace/Choice Specs? (Need help)
Flash Fire
Quiet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 Def
Moves:
--Heat Wave
--Shadow Ball
--Psychic
--Energy Ball/TR

TR Sweeper #1. Heat Wave does loads of damage, and hits both enemies, shadow ball is additional STAB. Psychic and energy ball are coverage, although, if I don't opt for Specs, I'd probably put TR on the last slot. In general, I do need help with the item.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
Brave
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Att, 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Protect
--Drain Punch
--Rock Slide
--Mach Punch

So the standard (kinda) set finds a use here too... In TR, Conk should outspeed most things, and do a hell of a lot of damage with guts-boosted Drain Punch. Protect is useful in doubles and also lets the flame orb activate. Rock Slide is chosen over Payback, due to the fact that conkeldurr should be attacking first. Mach Punch is good if TR runs out on me.

The above four pokemon are the ones that I will probably use the most.

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Sitrus Berry (for lieu of a better healing item)
Prankster
Sassy
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Trick Room
--Leech Seed
--Sustitute/Encore/Taunt/Giga Drain/Protect
--Encore/Taunt/Giga Drain/Protect

Whimsicott, thanks to its awesome ability, normally goes first whether in TR or not. Priority TR is really good for getting out of sticky situations. Leech seed is recovery. And I need help on the last two moves!

563.gif

Cofagrigus @ Chesto Berry
Mummy
Quiet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Calm Mind
--Rest
--Shadow Ball
--Energy Ball

Cofagrigus is my wall, but thanks to CM, he can sweep if he gets the chance. CM is self explanatory, RestoChesto is recovery, Shadow Ball is STAB and energy ball is coverage.

------------

So, there you have it! As I say, it's not my field of expertise, but I reckon I've done a good job. Please get rates in asap, I only have 10 days left!​

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Methinks Chandy should be Quiet to further reduce Speed, but base 80 is still pretty fast for a Unova poke and might bite you once you've TRed.

Psycho Cut

@ Kaiser soze: Yeah, I meant to put Quiet... XD

@ Charizard master: Thanks, I'll edit that in!

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Team At A Glance

579.gif
591.gif
609.gif
534.gif
547.gif
563.gif

Team In Detail

Lead Duo

579.gif
591.gif

Reuinclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Relaxed
Moves:
--Trick Room
--Protect
--Psychic
--HP Fight/Focus Blast

In Doubles, Protect is crucial as it makes you survive an extra turn and attack/set up TR another day (Recover is unreliable, if double targeted, you lose anyways) HP Fight is weaker, but in doubles, missing isn't an option.

Amoongus @ Coba Berry/Black Sludge
Effect Spore
Relaxed
EVs: 146 / Def 132 / SpA 52 / SpD 180
Moves:
--Rage Powder
--Spore
--Protect
--Giga Drain

Protect, same reason as Reuniclus.

Giga Drain and various Hidden Power calculations:

Giga Drain VS 4/0 Neutral Terakion 86 - 104 (51.50% - 62.28%)
Giga Drain VS 252/0 Neutral Jellicent 78 - 92 (37.68% - 44.44%)
Giga Drain VS 252/252 Calm Seismetoad 136 - 168 (64.15% - 79.25%) (must run this to avoid being OHKO'd without Rindo Berry)
Hidden Power Ice 64 VS 4/0 Neutral Landorus 112 - 132 (67.88% - 80.00%)
Hidden Power Ice 70 VS 4/0 Neutral Landorus 120 - 144 (72.73% - 87.27%)
Hidden Power Ice 64 VS 4/0 Neutral Thunderus/Tornadus 56 - 66 (36.13% - 42.58%)
Hidden Power Ice 70 VS Neutral Thunderus/Tornadus 60 - 72 (38.71% - 46.45%)

Attacks against Amoongus:

Timid Scarf 252 Chandelure's Heat Wave 134 - 162 (64.73% - 78.26%)
Neutral Defensive 100 Reuniclus's Psychic 132 - 156 (63.77% - 75.36%)
Timid 252 Zoroark's Flamethrower 102 - 120 (49.28% - 57.97%) (unlikely 2HKO with Leftovers)
Adamant 252 Terakion's Rock Slide 54 - 64 (26.09% - 30.92%)

Yeah, These Evs are pro, use them why don't you.

Dual Analysis:

Reuniclus uses TR!

Amoongus uses Spore!

lol, not everyone uses that n00by ****, that if you do use it, your facing a n00b if he sends it out vs an obvious TR team. But hey, its pokemon and hosted by trollfreak, i'm sure you'll do fine until you see the pros.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Flash Fire
Quiet
Moves:
--Heat Wave
--Shadow Ball
--Protect
--TR

Protect, as every other poke on the god damn team. TR to have another poke to set it up. Specs is only viable on Eelectross, because of the bulk, no weaknesses and great coverage.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
Brave
EVs: 252 Att,252 HP/4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Protect
--Drain Punch
--Rock Slide
--Mach Punch

why do you have 128 Sp.Atk, on a Conkeldurr?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? SO yeah, set-up is useless because if you set up and are double Target, you will die. Otherwise, maybe try Sitrus > FO if you find that people can stall you out(you're burned)

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
Sassy
Moves:
--Trick Room
--Leech Seed
--Taunt/Giga Drain
--Encore/Protect

Yeah, try this set. Taunt is to stop set-up, the mushroom, Giga Drain if Taunted. Encore is used w/ Taunt, and Protect is for Giga Drain

563.gif

Cofagrigus @ Sitrus Berry
Mummy
Quiet
EVs: 252 HP, 252Sp. Atk, 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Nasty Plot
--Protect
--Shadow Ball
--HP Fight

Since in doubles your oppo can take out other pokes, leaving this last to double targets, there are no "WALLS" in doubles, so these EVs w/ Nasty Plot, gives this thing the power to sweep. The *** is one of the pokes who are bulky enough to sweep, so abuse that

------------

So, there you have it! As I say, it's not my field of expertise, but I reckon I've done a good job. Please get rates in asap, I only have 10 days left![/CENTER]

10 days, when i made Top 8 at VGC, i had 5 days, you should be fine, if you listen to my suggestions

PokeMaster366

Ok, so I decided to give the Autumn Friendly a go, but this isn't really my area of expertise, but I've given it a good shot.

The General Theme Of The Team

I've decided not to jump in the bandwagon here and use TerraCotta, mostly because it can be stopped easily, and many people will be using it and therefore expecting it. I've gone with a still-known, but less-used combo to start: TR Spore Amoongus. Since it's only a 4vs4 battle, I gathered TR'd be a good bet, as I'd have time to sweep. Bearing that in mind, I've incuded 2 TR Sweepers. I've then added a pokemon that operates well inside and outside TR, and can also set it up again if need be. And Finally, a wall.

Rules

Please bear in mind these rules when rating the team.

• VCG 2011 Rules
  • Double battles set at lv. 50
  • Only UNOVA pokemon allowed (except Victini/Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem)
  • Item clause :(
  • No hax/sleep clauses

Also, please don't suggest hidden power as a move, it will take me ages to breed for it. I only have 10 days!

Team At A Glance

579.gif
591.gif
609.gif
534.gif
547.gif
563.gif

Team In Detail

Lead Duo

579.gif
591.gif

Reuinclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Relaxed
Moves:
--Trick Room
--Recover
--Psychic
--Focus Blast/Calm Mind

Individual Analysis: Sets up TR, obviously. He has lots of Defensive investment to counter terrakion. Recover is recovery, psychic is main STAB and as for the last slot, Focus Blast gives me better coverage, and saves me being walled by ghosts, although Calm Mind gives me more power.

Amoongus @ Leftovers
Effect Spore
Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Rage Powder
--Spore
--Synthesis
--Giga Drain

Individual Analysis: The main idea of this pokemon is to spam Spore, thanks to the fact there's no sleep clause. Rage Powder is to attract Whimsicott's Beat Up, preventing Terrakion from gaining its attack boost. Synthesis/Giga Drain are fillers, but mainly Amoongus uses Spore.

Dual Analysis:

Reuniclus uses TR!

Amoongus uses Spore!

Scrafty used Fake Out on Reuniclus. (Fake Out has the same priority as Rage Powder and Scrafty is typically faster)
The opponent's Whimsicott/Thundurus/Tornadus used Taunt.
Amoonguss can't use Spore after the Taunt.
Reuniclus flinched and couldn't move.

TerraCott isn't always going to start things off.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Macho Brace/Choice Specs? (Need help)
Flash Fire
Quiet
Moves:
--Heat Wave
--Shadow Ball
--Psychic
--Energy Ball/TR

TR Sweeper #1. Heat Wave does loads of damage, and hits both enemies, shadow ball is additional STAB. Psychic and energy ball are coverage, although, if I don't opt for Specs, I'd probably put TR on the last slot. In general, I do need help with the item.

It seems wierd that you have so many pokemon that are weak against Dark and Psychic moves.

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
Sassy
EVs: 252 Att, 128 HP, 128 Sp.Atk
Moves:
--Bulk Up
--Drain Punch
--Rock Slide
--Mach Punch

So the standard (kinda) set finds a use here too... In TR, Conk should outspeed most things, and do a hell of a lot of damage with guts-boosted Drain Punch. Bulk up is for boosting, Rock Slide is chosen over Payback, due to the fact that conkeldurr should be attacking first. Mach Punch is good if TR runs out on me.

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Sitrus Berry (for lieu of a better healing item)
Prankster
Sassy
Moves:
--Trick Room
--Leech Seed
--Sustitute/Encore/Taunt/Giga Drain/Protect
--Encore/Taunt/Giga Drain/Protect

Whimsicott, thanks to its awesome ability, normally goes first whether in TR or not. Priority TR is really good for getting out of sticky situations. Leech seed is recovery. And I need help on the last two moves!

You'll be better off using someone who can sweep in TR since Prankster only bumps up priority for non-attacks by +1, not to +1, so TR's priority will still be in the -6 area or something. Stalling and stat-boosting may have been useful in singles, but doubles is a completely different animal. Because you'll be dealing w/ 2 pokes at once, you won't have that many opportunities to set up the field and your stats as you did in singles.

563.gif

Cofagrigus @ Chesto Berry
Mummy
Quiet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Calm Mind
--Rest
--Shadow Ball
--Energy Ball

Cofagrigus is my wall, but thanks to CM, he can sweep if he gets the chance. CM is self explanatory, RestoChesto is recovery, Shadow Ball is STAB and energy ball is coverage.

------------

So, there you have it! As I say, it's not my field of expertise, but I reckon I've done a good job. Please get rates in asap, I only have 10 days left!​

Advice in bold. And BTW, your team seems too overly reliant on TR set-up and setting up in general, so you might be shooting yourself if you go against another TR team that has a fail-safe in case TR can't be set up or the Taunting Genies (and Whimsicott).

Last edited:

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Technically speaking, HP Fighting, Shadow Ball, and Heat Wave have the best coverage of anything Chandelure can use, so that is an optimal change.

Whimsicott also won't be able to provide a priority Trick Room; its ability will merely raise the priority from -7 to -6. I would recommend changing out Whimsicott for another TR abuser, such as Escavalier.

Psycho Cut

@ Pokemaster: Well, well, well... Someone's very high and mighty, aren't they?

Anyway, protect over recover/synthesis gives me virtually no form of recovery, except for Ammoongus's Giga Drain, which isn't great anyway. So that won't be happening. However, I forget amoongus is poison, so black sludge'd be good.

As for Amoongus's EVs, the main reason is to protect against terrakion's x-scissor. With that current EV spread, it does around 50%, I don't wont that number getting too high, but if you can convince me...

With all your 'ganging up' theories, I wouldn't've thought you'd've suggested a Sash on Chandelure: there'll be enough moves that hit both my opponent to negate that. So I'm still set on either specs/macho brace. Or possibly a balloon come to think of it. As for protect, I can't think of many unova pokes that resist both fire and ghost, so I'll change that.

Conkeldurr: I think it was fairly obvious the sp.atk EVs were a typo. I also see the reason in your changes, so I'll make them.

Cofagrigus: Hmmm... I'm not convinced really...

@ Pokemaster: I'm aware that not everyone will use Terracotta, but many will and that is an example of how my lead duo will counter them.

Anyway, since Whimsicott doesn't have much of a place in the team now, can anyone suggest a better replacement? I'm not too keen on Escavalier either. Perhaps Eeleketross?

PokeMaster366

@Psycho Cut

Just watch out for Tornadus' Acrobatics. For all we know, Amoonguss might need a Coba Berry more than anything else.

Psycho Cut

@Psycho Cut

Just watch out for Tornadus' Acrobatics. For all we know, Amoonguss might need a Coba Berry more than anything else.
I will, I'll consider a coba berry too.

Also, any ideas for whimsicott replacement?

EDIT: Had an epiphany and realised that Protect would be a good move on Amoongus. I've updated the 1st post.

Last edited:

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Use choice specs on chandelure. If TR dies, you will need a not TR sweeper. (or you could just use macho brace and TR). Use leftovers on whimsicott.

PokeMaster366

I will, I'll consider a coba berry too.

Also, any ideas for whimsicott replacement?

EDIT: Had an epiphany and realised that Protect would be a good move on Amoongus. I've updated the 1st post.

What about an Eelektross for coverage against common pokes or a Scarf Pokemon that you can use if you can't set up TR either b/c of Taunt or b/c the opponent has a TR team?

Psycho Cut

What about an Eelektross for coverage against common pokes or a Scarf Pokemon that you can use if you can't set up TR either b/c of Taunt or b/c the opponent has a TR team?
Yeah, I was thinking about including something that can operate outside TR. Maybe something that sets up, it'd have good synergy with Amoongus's Ragepowder.

Psycho Cut

Bump!

I really need a replacement for Whimiscott asap! I've already bred 4 of the others!

PokeMaster366

This might be a good time for you to find someone who can operate outside of TR. How about Krookodile for a good Intimidator?

If you want to practice, just PM me and send me your Friend Code.

Vandslaux

Lol, I was planning on using TR + Spore Amoonguss with a Musharna. Protect (to allow Musharna to TR), Rage Powder, Giga Drain, Spore. Then I bring out CB Gigalith + Telepathy Beheeyem and sweep.

And I didn't know you were doing the same, lol.

Psycho Cut

This might be a good time for you to find someone who can operate outside of TR. How about Krookodile for a good Intimidator?

If you want to practice, just PM me and send me your Friend Code.
Thanks for the offer. I'll consider it once the team's ready :D

As for a replacement, how about a Carracosta?

:565: Carracosta @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Adamant
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Shell Smash
--Rock Slide
--Aqua Jet
--Earthquake

So, in TR, carracosta can hit off STAB Rock Slides, which are great in doubles, as is EQ. Aqua Jet gets priority in and out of TR, which is also very useful. Shell Smash is for sweeping outside of TR too.

OR

:565: Carracosta @ Choice Band
Sturdy
Adamant
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Aqua Jet
--Rock Slide
--EQ
--Waterfall

CB Aqua Jet will make a mess of a lot of stuff, inside or outside TR. The other moves are just they're for if they're needed.

Leaning towards the 2nd set atm...

Psycho Cut

If you're going to use Shell Smash, try maxing out his Speed and giving him a Jolly nature.
But that's the problem with the first set. Normally it'd be better, but if invest too much speed for it to sweep outside of TR, it might be too fast for when its in TR

PokeMaster366

You don't have to use Shell Smash every time you use Carracosta. You can have it as a plan B if you can't or shouldn't set up TR. If want to be overly dependent on TR, try a Curse set. All I'm saying is that I've seen a lot of teams fall on their face relying on only one strategy. Not once have I ever seen a plan go perfectly on the first try unless it turns out to be overkill in the end.