• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another Battle Revolution?

SSJX

Energy is key.
"Pokémon Stadium 3" is nothing more than a name; it has no inherent value. Colosseum was essentially "Pokémon Stadium 3", in that it was the next game in the sequence after Stadium 2.

A colosseum and a stadium are two different things. In terms of release, Colosseum would be Stadium Three, but it's not a Stadium game at all. Release =/= name or order. Colosseum did not have rental Pokemon, no mini games, there was an adventure, no gym leaders from the games, etc. So no, Colosseum was not Stadium 3 besides having a release order after Stadium 2. SEGA is releasing Sonic 4 after we got Sonic and Knuckles and many games after it, so that disrupts your whole post of Stadium 3 is just a name.

Last edited:

BCVM22

A colosseum and a stadium are two different things.

No, they really aren't.

Colosseum did not have rental Pokemon, no mini games, there was an adventure, no gym leaders from the games, etc.

Frivolities at best. Particularly the minigames.

So no, Colosseum was not Stadium 3 besides having a release order after Stadium 2.

No, again, it basically was. It took the primary purpose of Stadium and Stadium 2 - that's giving you the means and opportunity to battle your critters on your television screen in 3D using a console system - and continued it. That it added the adventure mode or that it subtracted a few minor features - and make no mistake, that's all they were - is immaterial.

SEGA is releasing Sonic 4 after we got Sonic and Knuckles and many games after it, so that disrupts your whole post of Stadium 3 is just a name.

Sure doesn't. The gameplay has changed drastically between Sonic 3/& Knuckles and the modern incarnations, enough so that a title like "Sonic 4" actually makes sense, because as far as the gameplay is concerned, it's a direct continuation from the last numbered title. There was no such change, drastic or otherwise, between the primary function of Stadium 2 and Colosseum.

Tekka

Daemon Hunter
I don't particularly care for the RPG elements of the Colosseum games, so I'm not going to be terribly worried if that makes a return or not. I do however, love the idea of having mini games back. I loved the stadium mini games, and I have great memories of playing them with my fiancee.

Having these elements back and playable over wifi, utilizing the Pokemon from our handheld games, would be simply amazing. Using the Pokemon you painstakingly trained yourself in a wifi version of the stadium mini games or Pokethlon events or even the Sinnoh/Hoenn contests would be fantastic.

There is so much that could be done to create a fabulously fun party game to compliment the RPG elements of the handheld games.

And of course, all of the events in glorious, gorgeous 3D.

SSJX

Energy is key.
No, they really aren't.

Kay.

Frivolities at best. Particularly the minigames.

lol at having a story and continous battles for it to matter.

No, again, it basically was. It took the primary purpose of Stadium and Stadium 2 - that's giving you the means and opportunity to battle your critters on your television screen in 3D using a console system - and continued it. That it added the adventure mode or that it subtracted a few minor features - and make no mistake, that's all they were - is immaterial.

No, for it to be a Stadium game, it needs to be basically the same or enhanced mechanics of everything from the previous game, otherwise, it's not part of the loop.

Sure doesn't. The gameplay has changed drastically between Sonic 3/& Knuckles and the modern incarnations, enough so that a title like "Sonic 4" actually makes sense, because as far as the gameplay is concerned, it's a direct continuation from the last numbered title. There was no such change, drastic or otherwise, between the primary function of Stadium 2 and Colosseum.

Yeah it does, you're wrong face it. And not every Sonic game changes drastically. Sonic GBA games have the same gameplay as the Gensis games, making the characters run very fast, fly, or glide around the level as the Gensis games do. This is like you saying Colosseum should count as Stadium 3 because "that's giving you the means and opportunity to battle your critters on your television screen in 3D using a console system". You're basically saying just because Sonic runs fast in all his 2D with simlar mechanics and art work so they all count as one, right? Bescause they "continued" that thread? So Sonic 4 isn't Sonic 4 now because it's now in 3D with a bit of 2D. Sonic CD was Sonic 3 because it was released after Sonic 2 with similar mechanics to Sonic 1 through 3 because Sonic ran fast and had power ups? Sonic and Knuckles was Sonic 5 because it was after Sonic "4" (which I'll call it Sonic 3 "4" in your case) because it was simlar in all ways to previous games? And Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3 were Sonic 6, 7 and 8 in your mind because they are 2D and have the same gameplay as Sonic 1, 2 and 3 but a little different? And you're also saying every 3D Sonic game are all different adventures because they have different mechanics? Because they "continued" a line of being 2D and with the same mechanics as before? All a big N-O. Sonic Adventure through Shth are the same storyline, but with different mechanics, but Heroes and Shth are not Adventure games because they play nothing like the Adventures and aren't named Adventure games. It all comes down to what the game makers decide. They decided to call Colosseum it's name, not Stadium 3 because it was not like it's ancestor and wasn't it a Stadium game. So in your opinion the creators would have called Pokemon XD Colosseum 2 because it was the same mechanics as Colosseum down to the storyline and battles and sending out "critters", but is it Colosseum 2? No. If Colosseum was truely was a Stadium 3, they would have called it that, but they didn't, like how SEGA is now calling Sonic 4, Sonic 4 because they chose to. Not Sonic Revised, not Sonic New Generation, not any new name. They are right on Colosseum not being a Stadium 3, so it wasn't called that name. Game creators > your opinion on it being Stadium 3. Stop trying to seem right. You're so wrong on this one. LMAO. And if you try do go against this, you're just sad. Creators win, not you and your tiny opinions. I got to go.

Last edited:

BCVM22

No, for it to be a Stadium game, it needs to be basically the same or enhanced mechanics of everything from the previous game, otherwise, it's not part of the loop.

And if that's really your best argument, then PBR was basically "Stadium 3".

Seriously. Just a name. No value.

Yeah it does, you're wrong face it.

Bigger men then you have tried.

And not every Sonic game changes drastically.

From game to game? No. In leaps? Absolutely. Are you really going to try and argue that SA/SA2/Heroes/Shadow/'06 weren't tremendously drastic changes from Sonic/2/3/&K? Really?

Sonic GBA games have the same gameplay as the Gensis games, making the characters run very fast, fly, or glide around the level as the Gensis games do.

Who's talking about the Advance titles? I sure wasn't.

You're basically saying just because Sonic runs fast in all his 2D with simlar mechanics and art work so they all count as one, right?

Basically, yes, which leads us to your next point, such as it is...

So Sonic 4 isn't Sonic 4 now because it's now in 3D with a bit of 2D. Sonic CD was Sonic 3 because it was released after Sonic 2 with similar mechanics to Sonic 1 through 3 because Sonic ran fast and had power ups? Sonic and Knuckles was Sonic 5 because it was after Sonic "4" (which I'll call it Sonic 3 "4" in your case) because it was simlar in all ways to previous games? And Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3 were Sonic 6, 7 and 8 in your mind because they are 2D and have the same gameplay as Sonic 1, 2 and 3 but a little different?

If you want to make that case, sure. Proves my point even better, actually. Names are largely meaningless and do not in and of themselves promise (or, in the interest of equality, deny) that anything will or will not be included in the games. Sonic CD was basically "Sonic 1.5/2.5", as far as its makeup is concerned: the "CD" suffix was born of the need to advertise in the title that it was a game for Sega's super-modern and disc-based Sega CD platform.

They used the title "Sonic 4" because it gets the point - that the game is supposed to be the literal and spiritual successor to Sonic 3/& Knuckles - across a whole lot better than naming it "Sonic the Hedgehog Game That Looks and Plays a Heck of a Lot like Sonic the Hedgehog 3", which I imagine is rather difficult to fit on a title screen.

And you're also saying every 3D Sonic game are all different adventures because they have different mechanics? Because they "continued" a line of being 2D and with the same mechanics as before? All a big N-O. Sonic Adventure through Shth are the same storyline, but with different mechanics, but Heroes and Shth are not Adventure games because they play nothing like the Adventures and aren't named Adventure games. It all comes down to what the game makers decide.

I never said any of this. This entire bit is you somehow grossly misunderstanding my point, perhaps purposely, given your puzzling hostility and anger that someone dares question this sacred yet mistaken notion you've carried around with you for goodness knows how long.

They decided to call Colosseum it's name, not Stadium 3 because it was not like it's ancestor and wasn't it a Stadium game. So in your opinion the creators would have called Pokemon XD Colosseum 2 because it was the same mechanics as Colosseum down to the storyline and battles and sending out "critters", but is it Colosseum 2?

Again, I don't know why, but you're proving my point more so than you are yours. If names were as important as you mistakenly believe they are, why didn't they name XD "Colosseum 2", hm? For that matter, if names are as important as you say, why are the Stadium titles basically the only place in the entire franchise where they've elected to use numerals to indicate sequels?

If Colosseum was truely was a Stadium 3, they would have called it that

See above. XD is a direct and unarguable sequel to Colosseum and yet it makes no reference to that fact in its title.

Game creators > your opinion on it being Stadium 3.

And if you are really choosing to engage in this fallacy as part of your argument, go find me somewhere where someone in a position of power has echoed what you're saying here, i.e. "Colosseum is most definitely not Stadium 3 and we definitely still plan to title a future game 'Pokémon Stadium 3'." Because that's what your argument is predicated on, entirely.

Stop trying to seem right. You're so wrong on this one. LMAO. And if you try do go against this, you're just sad. Creators win, not you and your tiny opinions. I got to go.

Try this tactic if you must. I don't recommend it. I can play this game as long as you can, boopsie.

Last edited:

Noppy

Aside from all this arguing... how likely do you guys think it is that we'll get another stadium/colosseum/battle revolution. With HG/SS being released, and the terrible failings of battle revolution.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I think another PBR will definitely be made but not released until the 5th Gen. I just hope they make it more like Stadium 2 with an RPG adventure included, that's my dream game.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Aside from all this arguing... how likely do you guys think it is that we'll get another stadium/colosseum/battle revolution. With HG/SS being released, and the terrible failings of battle revolution.
I'd prefer a new Coloseum game for Wii, I didn't like the latest Battle Revolution game.

I think another PBR will definitely be made but not released until the 5th Gen. I just hope they make it more like Stadium 2 with an RPG adventure included, that's my dream game.
I agree, this is the best thing that could happen, especially if it turned out to be as similar to Stadium 2.

LuNa^^

La Reine de la Nuit
I do not think I want to see another Battle Revolution. I loved games like Colosseum and XD, I`d like to see more of this, but without Shadow Pokémon.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I rather have the sequel to be Stadium again. I still play the Stadium games and i misss everything

BCVM22

With HG/SS being released, and the terrible failings of battle revolution.

The release of HG/SS has no bearing on anything. The two are fully compatible with PBR and they contain nothing that PBR isn't capable of handling. To call PBR a "terrible failure" is entirely subjective, at best.

The point's been made - at this point in time, a new console title is unlikely until there are 5th gen games and completely new Pokémon to go with it.

I rather have the sequel to be Stadium again. I still play the Stadium games and i misss everything

I have to ask: what if they had decided to name PBR "Pokémon Stadium Wii" or something of that nature? What then?

Last edited:

R_N

I have to ask: what if they had decided to name PBR "Pokémon Stadium Wii" or something of that nature? What then?

People would still complain about the lack of minigames, I'd assume.
Maybe even things like "this isn't really stadium three"

I think they will make another Wii game before the 5th generation. They've just revealed two Pokemon so far. We don't even know for sure that 5th generation will be here before Wii is replaced.

BCVM22

I think they will make another Wii game before the 5th generation.

The 5th generation will, as best we know at present, be out by the end of the year. Unless they have a title that no one knows about practically done already and just waiting to be released - not impossible, but unlikely - the timeframe and other associated factors simply dictate that such is unlikely.

We don't even know for sure that 5th generation will be here before Wii is replaced.

As best we know, it will be. See above.

Given that the 5th generation is on established handheld hardware that already has a good rapport of connectivity with the Wii, I would think smart money says that we'll get a new battling title once the 5th generation is upon us.

Kukem

Well the naming of the game is all semantics. A new battling game is almost a given but what I would like them to do is reintroduce a mass-storage/transferring component to the next game with the 5th Gen. Something like aspects of Stadium or Pokémon Box that allows you to sort, store and transfer both Pokémon and items like stadium with the functionality of Box and still contain the Battle Revolution feel. The mini-games were nice and all but not something necessary.

Noppy

The release of HG/SS has no bearing on anything. The two are fully compatible with PBR and they contain nothing that PBR isn't capable of handling. To call PBR a "terrible failure" is entirely subjective, at best.

Yeah, but the original japanese pokemon stadium got followed up with a better version due to it being so poorly recieved. I wouldn't be suprised if a PBR2 or w/e is released for similar reasons, and following the release of GH/SS seems a good time to announce such a title. It would work both ways: fans would get a better game and nintendo / game freak would reap more financial rewards from the HG/SS hype. Saying that, you're probably right, and they will wait till generation V

BCVM22

Yeah, but the original japanese pokemon stadium got followed up with a better version due to it being so poorly recieved.

It's probably worth noting that the game in question only had 42 of then-151 Pokémon available.

Noppy

fair point. that game must've reeeally sucked :p

R_N

Well the naming of the game is all semantics. A new battling game is almost a given but what I would like them to do is reintroduce a mass-storage/transferring component to the next game with the 5th Gen. Something like aspects of Stadium or Pokémon Box that allows you to sort, store and transfer both Pokémon and items like stadium with the functionality of Box and still contain the Battle Revolution feel. The mini-games were nice and all but not something necessary.

Well, PBR copied the pokemon, whilst Stadiums 1 & 2 brought up your box wholesale.
I think I prefer the copying, really.

One also has to remember that they like linking games up to only one file at a time. So even if they brought back the stadium storage bin, it wouldn't matter any.
Seems they just don't want you to have any easy transfer method anymore...though I also imagine the other methods weren't intended to be used that way.

pokeluver1990

True PokétopiaMaster
I played Pokemon Stadium 2 the other day and I still think it is twice as good as Battle Revolution. The rental Pokemon, being able to play your Game Boy game on the N64, the Gym Leader castle, and the mini games are all awesome. Why can't they make things that great for Wii? Can they at least update the graphics? Is there going to be another Battle Revolution type game for Wii and do you think it will be much better?

You gotta remember that HAL Laboratory, now call Sora LTD, helped make the 1st two Stadium games. When they left to make w/e else (Melee?), I guess that Nintendo decided to go with some other 2nd party developers and Genius Sonority just happened to be their pick.
This is why in Colosseum alot of things feel out of place. Ex. the pkmns voices are taken for the GBA games instead of custom sounds made by the sfx group, the graphics weren't all that great, I mean really compare hydro pump from Colosseum and XD and you'll see what I mean or a better choice, compare Flamethrower between the two, they took the models from the stadium games instead of using completely new ones with new and better animations.

I can keep going on about the mini games and other things that could've been thrown in their as well, but I think you get the point by now.