• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another Chance for the 2009 VGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadIntent

MSankey
lol Guess we'll never know for sure now. Man mattj, I just watched that match and you really had Greysong on the ropes for a second. That final turn protect was lucky and so was the critical on Heat Wave. Guess that's part of the game though. Great show by you both.

PS. Greysong, you should put something in your sig like "Serebii VGC 2009 Winner".

lol Guess we'll never know for sure now. Man mattj, I just watched that match and you really had Greysong on the ropes for a second. That final turn protect was lucky and so was the critical on Heat Wave. Guess that's part of the game though. Great show by you both.

PS. Greysong, you should put something in your sig like "Serebii VGC 2009 Winner".

Yeah, but luck aside He's still awesome! :D

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Yeah, I think I'll do this next year again. Maybe this will become annual, and maybe more people will join each time. Who knows. This could be a big thing. Maybe I should host one of these every six months or something.

I will anticipate the next tournament.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Every weekend, you say?

But then it wouldn't be special. ^_^

greysong

Banned
Well, if we are doing one next year, I'll be joining again for sure, plus I'll think about trying out a new team. I vote on the every 6 months thing. That would be awesome!!

greysong

Banned
Double posting

I haven't seen TR Jessie on the forums for a while. Anyway, I'm gonna start practicing for next year's VGCs starting now. I'll most likely only do VGC battles during the weekends because of school. So, yeah, just wanted to let all of you know that. :)
-Thanks Golden Charizard! We should have a VGC battle sometime.
--------------------------
I wonder where TR Jessie is? I would think there's still people out there who haven't gotten their prizes yet. I wonder who's gonna win Worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadIntent

MSankey
The winner was Kazuyuki Tsuji from Japan. He went undefeated. I read up on MattJ's standings a little, but I'll let him tell about that cause I'm sure he has a lot to tell about Worlds.

TR Jessie, we should do this again around December or January. Maybe during school's winter break. By that time, everyone will have had ample time to come up with some new teams and whatnot.

greysong

Banned
Yeah, we really should. It would be really fun to see everybody's new strategies! We should call it the 2009 VGC Winter Games. lol

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Ok. Good idea.
I seriously need a better team.

There is one thing I will change for sure: all pokemon must be lv 50.

Iggly

Banned
Ok. Good idea.
I seriously need a better team.

There is one thing I will change for sure: all pokemon must be lv 50.

First off, great idea, I'll join in if you start another =D

Second, why? ._.
I see so added value in not having it auto 50 (or am I misunderstanding what you're saying here?)
I train most pokes to round 36ish, thats when theyre usually 'done' xD
Feel no need to lvl up when there's a perfectly fine auto system ._.

Just my 49 cents.

First off, great idea, I'll join in if you start another =D

Second, why? ._.
I see so added value in not having it auto 50 (or am I misunderstanding what you're saying here?)
I train most pokes to round 36ish, thats when theyre usually 'done' xD
Feel no need to lvl up when there's a perfectly fine auto system ._.

Just my 49 cents.

Probably just to better mimic the actual VGC event in real life. That way, you can practice with your pokes here and then actually bring them to the real VGC event and they work just the same.

greysong

Banned
Well, the finals battles at Worlds are now on Youtube, posted by Seadrads. Those battles were pure EPIC!!!!! You need to check them out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.