• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another crack at a competitive team

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
I was thinking up a new team idea, so here it is.

;598; @Rocky Helmet
Sassy
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 100Def, 156Sp.Def
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Curse
With this Effort Value spread, assuming perfect IVs, Ferrothorn gets a HP/Def/Sp.Def spread of: 352/323/330, which I think is quite impressive. Gyro Ball for STAB, Leech Seed heals, Stealth Rock is my entry hazard, and Curse bolsters my stats.

;376; @Life Orb/Leftovers
Adamant
Clear Body
EVs: 252HP, 252Atk, 4Def/4Sp.Def
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Hone Claws/Brick Break
Bullet Punch is for priority, Meteor Mash is for STAB, Earthquake is for coverage, Hone Claws would raise my horrible accuracy with Meteor Mash, and also raises my attack, though Brick Break gets through screens.

;637; @Life Orb/Leftovers
Modest/Timid
Flame Body/Swarm
EVs: 252Spe, 252Sp.Atk, 4HP
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Hurricane/Hidden Power(Ground/Fighting/Water/Dragon)/Psychic
I don't think I really need to explain this one. It's just the standard set. Nothing special.

;565; @Leftovers
Impish
Solid Rock/Sturdy
EVs: 252Def, 64HP, 192Atk
-Curse
-Aqua Jet
-Sandstorm
-Knock Off
Carracosta is my physical wall, his EV spread gives him stats of, assuming perfect IVs: 401Def, 300Atk, and 305HP. Curse raises my stats, Aqua Jet has both STAB and priority, Sandstorm raises my Sp.Def, plus, a few pokemon on my team benefit from it. Knock Off removes items that may/may not be important/crucial to my opponent's strategy.

;242; @Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
EVs: 32HP, 252Def, 226Sp.Def
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Heal Bell/Aromatherapy
-Charm/Toxic
Blissey serves as my special wall. Seismic Toss is possibly Blissey's only good way of dealing damage, at least with the Effort Value spread I have, Softboiled heals, Toxic lets stall while the opponent faints from poison, Heal Bell and Aromatherapy both heal my team's status ailments.

;409; @Life Orb
Adamant
Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP, 252Atk, 4Sp.Def
-Rock Slide
-Curse
-Crunch
-(Filler move)
Rampardos is just here to fill space. Rock Slide is STAB, Curse raises my stats, Crunch is affected by Sheer Force, and I need help with the last move.

This team isn't perfect, so I would appreciate comments.

Cryochronic

For Ferrothorn, Gyro Ball won't do much against slow opponents. My suggestion is to have a STAB Power Whip instead of Curse or Toxic. Keep in mind Gyro Ball has a base PP of 5, which can dissipate quickly.

Craniados is too slow and its defenses are too weak. It'll be blitzed and OHKO'd by nearly everything. If you want to keep it, Focus Band is a must. You'd be much better off with Slaking, which has the power you're looking for and the bulk to support it.

MudkipsAreAwesome

I was there.
For Ferrothorn, Gyro Ball won't do much against slow opponents. My suggestion is to have a STAB Power Whip instead of Curse or Toxic. Keep in mind Gyro Ball has a base PP of 5, which can dissipate quickly.

Craniados is too slow and its defenses are too weak. It'll be blitzed and OHKO'd by nearly everything. If you want to keep it, Focus Band is a must. You'd be much better off with Slaking, which has the power you're looking for and the bulk to support it.

You mean a Focus Sash, right?

Carracosta is UU, and why him? I admit he is pretty good during the pre-E4 periods, but in the competitive environment, he gets Outclassed by a lot of pokemon. If you want a physical wall, use a Gliscor. I won't bother to post a moveset or anything.
And about the Rampardos, I think that you'll be better off with a Focus Sash Swrods Dancer. Maybe a Bisharp. H etakes cares of all your ghost worries, and with STAB sucker punch and Focus Sash Metal Burst, he'll be dishing out tons of Damage. Sucker Punch, Pursuit/ThunderWave, Swords Dance, Metal Burst is a nice moveset.
Lastly, you should really have a spinner. Volcarona + Stealth Rock = Half Dead
Remember that equation by heart.