• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another Crack at UU

crazy_man

My first attempt was meh at best so I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with.

Changes made in bold.

Team at a Glance
151.gif
034.gif
214.gif
237.gif
197.gif
080.gif

34.png

I have always loved Nidoking to bits in UU and with 5th Gen's addition of Sheer Power to his arsenal, what is there not to love?

34.png
214.png

With a Special Sweeper taken care of I thought I would need a Physical Sweeper as well. Guts Heracross is a power house and would make a fine addition to the team.

151.png
34.png
214.png

Now both my sweepers have a weakness, average speed. Why not a Baton Passer? Why not THE best Baton Passer in UU?

151.png
34.png
214.png
197.png

Everything doesn't always go as planned. That's where Umberon comes in. Tanks off potential threats, Dark/Ghost pokes aiming for Mew, and can reset a sweep with Wish passing back to Mew.

151.png
34.png
214.png
197.png
80.png

Umbreon still needs a defensive tank. At first I thought of Dusclops but I wanted something with more reliable recovery and could be more offensive. Slowbro does this perfectly. He resists Fighting poke's and most strong physical threats of Umberon and get do decent damage with Scald/Psyshock.

151.png
34.png
214.png
197.png
80.png
31.png

I till have a bad weakness to Bug types. And what if Slowbro goes down? That's where Nidoqueen comes in. Not only does she do all that but she can lay down toxic spikes and phaze with roar.

151.png
34.png
214.png
237.png
197.png
80.png

After further consideration. Nidoqueen doesn't provide much usage, and Hitmontop provides Bug coverage as well as a counter to Weavile.

151.gif

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold / Synchronize
252 HP /252 Def / 4 SpD
Magic Coat
Stealth Rock
Rock Polish
Baton Pass

The best possible UU baton passer. Magic Coat, with it's +4 Priority will beat any taunt/haze user, and stops any unwanted moves being used like roar, leech seed, etc. Stealth Rock is then put on the field followed by a Rock Polish or 2 and Mew Baton Passes away to a potential sweep.

034.gif

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Modest / Sheer Force
252 SpA /252 Spe / 4 Def
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Earth Power

With a speed boost Nidoking becomes death itself, with amazing coverage and +30% boosts from both Sheer Force and Life Orb! Modest Nature used for more power as he is getting enough speed from Mew so no to a Timid nature.

214.gif

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Guts
252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Night Slash
Stone Edge
Close Combat
Megahorn

Heracross with a speed boost and Guts/Toxic Orb is another messenger of death for most poke's in the UU tier. 2 Great Stabs and Stone Edge and Night Slash to predict flying/fire pokes or Ghost pokes switching in. Adamant Nature used for more power as he is getting enough speed from Mew to ever so no to a Timid nature.

237.gif

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Adamant / Technician
252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Sucker Punch

Covers my Bug and Weavile weakness.

197.gif

Umberon @ Leftovers
Careful / Synchronize
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Wish
Protect
Heal Bell
Payback

Something coming to wreck my sweep? Umberon is here! She's a great tank on the Special side and can reset my potential sweep with Wish support and status restoration with Heal Bell if needed for the team.

080.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold / Regeneration
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Toxic
Yawn
Slack Off
Scald

Umbreon's physical buddy. Toxic for any stall that comes his way, otherwise Scald to burn physical attackers. Slack Off for recovery and Yawn to force out threats.

Flame away, anything will be gladly noted. :)

Last edited:
Ok huge water weakness...the only ones that resist can't touch water(for super effective dmg) while the one that can is weak to it as well. I'm on my phone, its late, and I'm tired but i will finish this tomorrow.
just curious here with all these toxic spikes and everything you don't have anything to spin block nor an effective staller to abuse the t-spikes. Just some ideas...maybe a rest-talking milotic? to cover your slightwater weaknes a little better and to dragon tail pokes to get that nice toxic on everything;) will post set later

crazy_man

Perhaps just rid of Toxic Spikes?

Nidoqueen is more for covering my Bug Weakness (Mew, Umberon, Slowbro), but I have yet to see a support Nidoqueen lacking Toxic Spikes. Perhaps another attack move for more coverage (Though Flamethrower+Earth Power should get rid of most bug types).

And if I get Milotic who would he replace? Slowbro?

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I don't know about having the King and Queen on the same team. You already have enough physical walls so that could be a reason to get rid of Queen. Empoleon could go over slowbro to get rid of your bug weakness.

Panicles

Lucifer's the light.
Empoleon over slowbro wouldn't be a terrible idea if you dont mind having three things weak to Earthquake/Earthpower. Otherwise, all I can say is be careful against Heracross, if its Banded Nidoqueen wont want to take too many Close Combats, and Mew wont want to take a megahorn.

Fawn67

CS Owner and West SL
Flamethrower over SR on Mew, as with correct prediction you can bounce back rocks, and since UU is filled with Grass, Bug, Registeel, and sometimes Ice types; why not Flamethrower. If you'd like instead of Flamethrower put Psychic just for an attack. OR If you wanted recovery you could have Softboiled. Whichever you deem appropriate for your mew.

Nidoking gets a 60% boost. He still takes damage from Life Orb. If he didn't, he'd have Magic Guard.

Possibly EdgeQuake combo on Heracross. Meaning EQ over Megahorn.

Further comments would be: Your whole team is special except Heracross, and Umbreons mono attacking Payback. This is a major problem. Possibly instead of a special Nidoqueen you should have EQ over Earth Power, and Fire Punch over Flamethrower? Also, it'd need Rivalry if you did this. It would benefit more than a +30% on Females, while losing that on males. But you could burn with Fire Punch, even though it's unlikely.

I recommend an Ambipom, as he hits very hard in UU.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Suggestions in bold.
My first attempt was meh at best so I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with.

Team at a Glance
151.gif
034.gif
214.gif
197.gif
080.gif
031.gif

34.png

I have always loved Nidoking to bits in UU and with 5th Gen's addition of Sheer Power to his arsenal, what is there not to love?

34.png
214.png

With a Special Sweeper taken care of I thought I would need a Physical Sweeper as well. Guts Heracross is a power house and would make a fine addition to the team.

151.png
34.png
214.png

Now both my sweepers have a weakness, average speed. Why not a Baton Passer? Why not THE best Baton Passer in UU?

151.png
34.png
214.png
197.png

Everything doesn't always go as planned. That's where Umberon comes in. Tanks off potential threats, Dark/Ghost pokes aiming for Mew, and can reset a sweep with Wish passing back to Mew.

151.png
34.png
214.png
197.png
80.png

Umbreon still needs a defensive tank. At first I thought of Dusclops but I wanted something with more reliable recovery and could be more offensive. Slowbro does this perfectly. He resists Fighting poke's and most strong physical threats of Umberon and get do decent damage with Scald/Psyshock.

151.png
34.png
214.png
197.png
80.png
31.png

I till have a bad weakness to Bug types. And what if Slowbro goes down? That's where Nidoqueen comes in. Not only does she do all that but she can lay down toxic spikes and phaze with roar.

151.gif

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold / Synchronize
252 HP /252 Def / 4 SpD
Magic Coat
Stealth Rock
Rock Polish
Baton Pass

The best possible UU baton passer. Magic Coat, with it's +4 Priority will beat any taunt/haze user, and stops any unwanted moves being used like roar, leech seed, etc. Stealth Rock is then put on the field followed by a Rock Polish or 2 and Mew Baton Passes away to a potential sweep.
A sweep with only +2 Speed and no Atk/Sp.Atk boosts is NOT that useful, except if you're passing to a Choice Bander or Choice Specs user. Just my opinion.

034.gif

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Modest / Sheer Force
252 SpA /252 Spe / 4 Def
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Sludge Wave
Earth Power

With a speed boost Nidoking becomes death itself. Amazing coverage with +30% boosts from both Sheer Force and Life Orb and no recoil from Life Orb! Sludge Wave over Flamethrower so I can hit Rotom-H for neutral damage. Modest Nature used for more power as he is getting enough speed from Mew so no to a Timid nature.
Sludge Wave has a very weak coverage. Rotom H can be destroyed by your Slowbro anyway, so use Flamethrower.

214.gif

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Guts
252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Night Slash
Stone Edge
Close Combat
Megahorn

Heracross with a speed boost and Guts/Toxic Orb is another messenger of death for most poke's in the UU tier. 2 Great Stabs and Stone Edge and Night Slash to predict flying/fire pokes or Ghost pokes switching in. Adamant Nature used for more power as he is getting enough speed from Mew to ever so no to a Timid nature.
Flame Orb needs to replace Toxic Orb. The increasing damage of poison can be very painful. Also, I'd use Pursuit over Night Slash.

197.gif

Umberon @ Leftovers
Careful / Synchronize
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Wish
Protect
Heal Bell
Payback

Something coming to wreck my sweep? Umberon is here! She's a great tank on the Special side and can reset my potential sweep with Wish support and status restoration with Heal Bell if needed for the team.
Never had success with Wish Umbreon. I'd use a Curse/Protect/Toxic/Payback set with Leftovers.

080.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold / Regeneration
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Toxic
Slack Off
Scald
Psyshock

Umbreon's physical buddy. Toxic for any stall that comes his way, otherwise Scald to burn physical attackers. Slack Off for recovery and Psyshock for additional damage. Some EV's are put into Special Attack to guarantee OHKO on 252 HP/ 0 Def Roserade after Stealth Rock damage.
Psyshock has almost no coverage and Yawn can force Roserade to switch, so Yawn > Psyshock. Your Heracross can take care of Roserade anyway.

031.gif

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Bold / Sheer Force
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Toxic Spikes
Roar
Flamethrower
Earth Power

Covers my Bug weakness, shells out Toxic Spikes if need be, and Roars away threats or to stack up hazard damage.

Currently the only mega threat I can thing of is Weavile. Suggestions?
Weavile is a mega threat. Yes. But I don't think Nidoqueen is OHKOd by Ice Punch(unless it grabbed a Swords Dance/has a Choice Band) and it can just Roar SD Weavile or 2HKO it with Flamethrower. Hera can also take care of it provided Weavile is not at +2.

Flame away, anything will be gladly noted. :)

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
^ just a couple things, Mew is passing to team mates who are getting pretty big boosts anyway. Sheer Force boost with Nidoking and the Guts boost with heracross. Toxic orb is because it loses less health over a shorter period of time.

Panicles

Lucifer's the light.
Slowbro wouldnt neccessarily destroy Rotom-H since Tbolt would do away with it you'd have to predict very carefully, but you could also try investing in a bit of special defense on slowbro 252 Hp/176 Def/72 SpD/8 Spe (or special attack for the last 8 EVs, I forgot what the 8 allowed slowbro to outspeed with this spread), it could let it take some special hits that it normally shouldnt.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Using both Nidos is a pretty gutsy move. Considering they share the exact typing, you are setting your team up for some tough times where countering goes. Water, Ice, Psychic and Ground are all pretty big weaknesses to have shared between two pokemon. Add to the fact the team does sport a considerable bug weakness as you mentioned on Nidoqueen's set.

If Weavile is proving bothersome, you can always consider a Prankster Sableye. With a Will-o-Wisp, you can often times shut down a Weavile's sweep. However, Sableye's lack of bulk can make it a sacrificial lamb. You could also go with a Hitmontop to counter Weavile. Mach Punch is pretty solid way to either force Weavile out or defeat it outright. Cobalion is another choice who will benefit from a predicted Night Slash and resists both of Weavile's STAB, takes neutral from an Aerial Ace and really only has to watch for brick break. Escavalier is another choice if you want to avoid going fighting.

Truthfully, you have a few options to play around with. I'm hoping that some of the ones I've mentioned prove worthy of testing.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Justified
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

Swords Dance / Iron Head / Taunt
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Taunt / X-Scissor

A set to play around with. If you consider Justified as your attack boosting, you can opt out Swords dance for something else.

Escavalier @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Swarm
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def

Megahorn
Iron Head
Return
Pursuit

Given Escavalier's great attack and ability to take a physical hit... enough said.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed

Fake Out
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Sucker Punch / Stone Edge

A pretty standard offensive top. Technician makes fake out and Mach Punch more threatening. Close Combat for more power. Sucker Punch or Stone Edge, pick your poison.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Prankster
Careful
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef

Recover
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Foul Play / Nightshade

A pretty standard set. Admittedly my sets are coming from smogon (the lazy man's rate center lol). I've given you the jist of why you could opt for this already. Pretty standard Sableye.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Just a little sneak peak at your point of countering Weavile.
If Weavile is proving bothersome, you can always consider a Prankster Sableye. With a Will-o-Wisp, you can often times shut down a Weavile's sweep.(What if the Weavile has a Lum Berry?)However, Sableye's lack of bulk can make it a sacrificial lamb. You could also go with a Hitmontop to counter Weavile. Mach Punch is pretty solid way to either force Weavile out or defeat it outright. Cobalion is another choice who will benefit from a predicted Night Slash and resists both of Weavile's STAB, takes neutral from an Aerial Ace and really only has to watch for brick break(Who uses Brick Break? It has to be wary of LOW KICK, which OHKOs.). Escavalier is another choice if you want to avoid going fighting. (Milotic and Suicune can also handle Weavile well, provided it doesn't have a Swords Dance or Night Slash makes a critical hit.)
Truthfully, you have a few options to play around with. I'm hoping that some of the ones I've mentioned prove worthy of testing.

Slowbro wouldnt neccessarily destroy Rotom-H since Tbolt would do away with it you'd have to predict very carefully, but you could also try investing in a bit of special defense on slowbro 252 Hp/176 Def/72 SpD/8 Spe (or special attack for the last 8 EVs, I forgot what the 8 allowed slowbro to outspeed with this spread), it could let it take some special hits that it normally shouldnt.
Almost nobody uses Thunderbolt on Rotom-H. Most of them use Volt Switch/Overheat/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power. Slowbro isn't 2HKOd by Volt Switch, but the problem is it's gonna switch out in fear, else it's gonna get beaten by Surf/Scald.

Last edited:

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
@UbersSuck20

I do admit choices have faults. Low Kick is a consideration. I don't usually use anything that Weavile would use it on me in my own UU team constructions, so it's a lack of foresight due to lack of experience with it. I'm glad you pointed it out though. Weavile having a lum berry is another good possibility (though I don't see it as often), but I also account that Sableye has a serious "squish" factor to contend with (lets face it, will-o-wisp can and sometimes will miss). I will keep these points in mind for future team rates :)

Always appreciate a learning curve.

TheExorcist04

Oras Explorer
You're lacking some special attackers on your team. It will hurt you a lot if your opponent has a wall with great defence stat. It will leave him to absorb any physical hits that come his way.

And having Nidoking and Nidoqueen on the same team isn't really a good idea. If you are worried about a bug weakness that much you should replace Nidoqueen with Escavalier. You already cover his fire weakness.

He makes a great tank too with a whooping max attack of 405. Even when his attack isn't maxed he is still left over with a good amount of atk power. You could make him into a wall if you want since he has the defences to back it up.