• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another Fresh Face

Hello everyone! I'm very excited that this forum exists!

I started my Pokemon journey back in the 90's. My first game was Pokemon Yellow, but then owned Red and Blue. And not too long ago I started Crystal, as I only had my Gameboy Color. I was very skeptical with Crystal, because I was a total original 151 Pokemon snob...but Crystal won me over big time. I had over 200 hours worth of gameplay and over 200 Pokemon that I caught, bred and evolved, all without any trades. Then my battery died and I lost my entire game (that happened two weeks ago). :(

When I obtained a DS Lite, I resolved to start my Johto journey all over again. So while I did pick up W2 and Black, I am furiously playing through Soul Silver like there is no tomorrow. I love the graphics, gameplay, and additions. I also love that hatching eggs takes a quarter less time than in Crystal. Oi, those were painful days!!

I think my favorite part is wifi trading! Seriously, I can't get over how awesome it is. I know most of you are youngins but I just hit 30 and remember the days of cable trading. And I jumped from GBColor to DS Lite, so it's like magic!

And that is why I am super excited that this forum exists. I can't wait to trade with people from the comfort of my own home, without any cables.

I also enjoy cosplay, and will most likely be cosplaying quite a few Heroines/Gym Leaders in the near future! Kris will be one of the first!

Last edited:

Darato

(o,..,o)
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

SkinnySweatyMan

Ah, yes... cable trading and battling. Those were the days. I jumped from GBC to the regular DS a few years ago or so, so I probably got a pretty similar experience to what you got.

Anyway, I was wondering why no one welcomed someone who was so enthusiastic about joining this forum. It seems kind of odd. I guess that's where I come in. Welcome to the site!

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Hello everyone! I'm very excited that this forum exists!

I started my Pokemon journey back in the 90's. My first game was Pokemon Yellow, but then owned Red and Blue. And not too long ago I started Crystal, as I only had my Gameboy Color. I was very skeptical with Crystal, because I was a total original 151 Pokemon snob...but Crystal won me over big time. I had over 200 hours worth of gameplay and over 200 Pokemon that I caught, bred and evolved, all without any trades. Then my battery died and I lost my entire game (that happened two weeks ago). :(

When I obtained a DS Lite, I resolved to start my Johto journey all over again. So while I did pick up W2 and Black, I am furiously playing through Soul Silver like there is no tomorrow. I love the graphics, gameplay, and additions. I also love that hatching eggs takes a quarter less time than in Crystal. Oi, those were painful days!!

I think my favorite part is wifi trading! Seriously, I can't get over how awesome it is. I know most of you are youngins but I just hit 30 and remember the days of cable trading. And I jumped from GBColor to DS Lite, so it's like magic!

And that is why I am super excited that this forum exists. I can't wait to trade with people from the comfort of my own home, without any cables.

I also enjoy cosplay, and will most likely be cosplaying quite a few Heroines/Gym Leaders in the near future! Kris will be one of the first!

First, i want you to know i feel sorry for your loss. Putting so much effort in your game, and then the battery dies.. Talk about a ''Bad Luck Brian'' meme. Second, i don't see what's so good about wifi trading. People have the craziest demands for very simple pokémon. It's not even funny anymore, people asking shiny legendaries for pokémon that aren't even rare. Third, i look forward to see as who you're going to dress up. Fourth, yes this forum is awesome. Talking about and trading pokémon with people all over the world is a-FREAKIN'-mazing. And finally, fifth: welcome to Serebiiforums and if you're in need of a friend, you know where to find me.

???2 ;006;

Thanks!

@Darato
Thanks!! I appreciate it!! <3

@SkinnySweatyMan
We must have had similar experiences! I am enjoying the DS Lite. I love how you can just close it and re-open it to where you left off. Who thought of that? Take my monies now!

I still can’t believe that it took Nintendo until the DS Lite to put in that backlight…Sega had it right with their first handheld. Buuut…one of the two is no longer around. TT_TT You’ll always be my starter pokemon, Sonic!

Thanks for the welcome! I don’t need a fanfare or anything. :p Maybe I dated myself a little too much with my scary GBC talk? Ha ha ha.

@???2
1) Thank you; it was a loss. I didn’t even want to start fresh at first. And yet, here I am! Playing SS and loving it. (Though it is a bit frustrating leveling up my fave pokemon all over again. Larvitar, you’re almost there…)

2) I totally agree with you in that I have seen some pretty ridiculous trade demands, but I have found some legit trades. It’s still much easier than finding someone who’s still playing R/B/Y/G/S/C. The only people I know of who still own a GBC don’t even play pokemon. I guess I love the possibilities of wifi trading. I’ve been offering Bulbasaurs and Growlithes and people have been trading with me no problems! (yay!)

3) I was slightly disappointed that there wasn’t a cosplay specific forum (unless I completely missed it?), but fanart is where cosplay will have to live?? I really can’t decide between starting with Elesa or Kris…Elesa has been on my list because I own a flying squirrel, but I am a Kris fan all the way (dat hair!).

4) Yes, it is!! I totally now have pokemon from Japan! I wish I could read their names! Lol.

5) Thank you! I might take someone up on this offer…I have absolutely no clue how to trade via FC…these new things that young people have…

Ah, missed your welcome note, Duranteater! Thanks !

Ok, I do have a question, what is the 'photos' tab in our profiles for? I click it and only get "No More Results". I would have assumed it'd be a place to upload some pictures of, well whatever, but there is no place I've found to upload. I know I'm missing something, and it's probably very silly. :/

Frosty Zekrom

I don't know about the photos thingy but welcome to serebii forums and you gonna have fun here for sure ;P

Frosty Zekrom
Thanks!! I already am! I've been able to trade so many Pokemon! <3

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Welcome to the Serebii Forums! I'm Klizcool, but you can call me Klizcool.

Well, judging by your quite lengthy introduction, you seem like a person with a lot to say. Here, there are lots of places to say things! I would start in the Misc forums for a chat. Many of the important people here can be found in Misc. But if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me!

P.S. I haven't seen much, if any, cosplay on these forums. Maybe you'll make it popular! Then I'll have an excuse to dress up like a Pokemon and tackle random people!

Thanks for the welcome, Klizcool.

I did a forum search and found some SUPER OLD cosplay threads...so I was thinking of resurrecting one of those, maybe? There are SO MANY Pokemon cosplay out there; even if there were a thread to post some amazing Pokemon cosplay for all to ogle. (Not to criticize or tear down, just to showcase some amazing talants.) I dunno, maybe people in this forum aren't necessarily the convention going cosplay enjoying types.

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
welcome to SPPF! if you need help with anything feel free to ask! i can see you have much to say and as for the photos tab i dont really know what thats for either OnO'' well nedd any help or just want to talk fel free to shoot me a pm/vm. have a great time here!

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Thanks for the welcome, Klizcool.

I did a forum search and found some SUPER OLD cosplay threads...so I was thinking of resurrecting one of those, maybe? There are SO MANY Pokemon cosplay out there; even if there were a thread to post some amazing Pokemon cosplay for all to ogle. (Not to criticize or tear down, just to showcase some amazing talants.) I dunno, maybe people in this forum aren't necessarily the convention going cosplay enjoying types.

Just be careful with resurrection. If the last post was made for than 30 days ago, you can't post after it. That's considered bumping. I learned the hard way. I just don't want to see you get in trouble so early is all.

I don't think cosplay is all that bad...

Just be careful with resurrection. If the last post was made for than 30 days ago, you can't post after it. That's considered bumping. I learned the hard way. I just don't want to see you get in trouble so early is all.

I don't think cosplay is all that bad...

Hah, thanks for letting me know!!! The thread was from 2007!

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
Welcome to Serebii! I don't know if you would find it interesting, but if you think you might want to get into the competitive aspects of pokemon battling, let me know! I'd be glad to show you the ropes!

@ Toobworm

Lol, thanks!

@ kingothestone

You know, right now I'm trying to fulfill my 'dream' of catching them all, well...at least the Kanto/Johto ones, since I've been trying for like, 15 years...I have no idea what most of the Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokemon are like yet. Buuuuut, I know eventually I'd like to start breeding the pokemon I find to be my favorites for competitive purposes! I'm already looking into natures/movesets.