• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

kemal07

If Mamoswine will be used for Dawn's final contest, I wonder who it'll go against in that exact one.
If Dawn loses the next contest, she'll probably win the next one for sure. If that's gonna be a SunyShore Contest, Jasmine might go against her, then Dawn will be her. Since Mamoswine has an advantage to Magnemite
(or Magnezone)
or Steelix.

thats a great idea actually giving her that pokemon as it hasnt been introduced in the anime yet. i also believe jasmine will be back... maybe giving an invitation to Ash to go back to the battle frontier in johto maybe you never know o) .
Jessie was just amazing im so happy with her she lost by just a few points.
and its about time Mamo quits his stupid attitude and needs to remember the happy times when it was a swinub

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
To be honest, I thought this contest was very mediocre. Jessie's appeal didn't even do much for me. ******-off Pachi was very funny too.

It's almost as bad as most of Skitty's wins back in Hoenn (Dusclops/Houndoom/Jynx anyone?). I guess the believable part of this is that Dawn didn't waste any time trying to use an Electric attack on Gabite.

Was this the same AD who did the Croagunk festival episode? OMG, I'm starting to know what I'm talking about with AD's. haha

I do have to agree with the funniest part being Carnivine strangling Hippopotas! I literally LOL'd, and I'm at work.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
To be honest, I thought this contest was very mediocre. Jessie's appeal didn't even do much for me. ******-off Pachi was very funny too.

Jessie's appeals are almost always like that where she lifts herself in the air. Its just her style, its not going to change.

It's almost as bad as most of Skitty's wins back in Hoenn (Dusclops/Houndoom/Jynx anyone?). I guess the believable part of this is that Dawn didn't waste any time trying to use an Electric attack on Gabite.

What was wrong with Skitty Vs. Jynx? Skitty did not take much damage in that match and won by using Assist several times to get Fire spin. I understand the poor Dusclops one, but the Jynx one was perfectly fine.

My problem with this contest is kind of like the Eevee/Marshompt one, Gabite mysteriously lost a ton of points off screen despite Pachi taking tons of damage for most of the match like Eevee did.

Its a shame because the animation during the battle was quite great, even though I don't like the rushed conclusion.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Skitty vs Jynx was in the Hoeen Grand Festival right?

No, it was the last regular Hoenn contest for the 5th ribbon. I don't see why people have a problem with Assist, its not a random move like Metronome, it uses one of the attacks of another Poke from your team.

In this Sinnoh contest, there was some massive off-screen point deduction. Gabite even blocked the last Super Fang attack that apparently gave Dawn the win.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
i also believe jasmine will be back... maybe giving an invitation to Ash to go back to the battle frontier in johto maybe you never know o) .
Jessie was just amazing im so happy with her she lost by just a few points.
and its about time Mamo quits his stupid attitude and needs to remember the happy times when it was a swinub

I was kind of hoping that he meets Jimmy and have a battle. Like him against Agitha. But that's a good idea, too.

Plus, we dont know yet whether Swinubs a boy or girl. But I dont want to get into that.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Ah, contests. There's never much to say about these, it seems. Then again, they're focused on (supposed) prettiness instead of plot for a reason. I guess.

-How convenient that Dawn is remembering that her other Pokemon exist right as she's coming up on her last few contests
-Dawn getting tossed into the air by Mamoswine so that the pig can get some grub may be recycled animation, but it's still funny!
-You'd think Dawn would have a contingency plan to deal with the poffin-devouring Pokemon she's had for the last few weeks.
-Oh hey, Pachirisu's showing a spark of personality! ...I refuse to apologize for that pun.
-Pachirisu turned down the girl's poffin. That spells danger! ...not that I'm hoping for Dawn to finally get an actually antagonistic rival or anything.
-Yada yada ice appeal yada OH NO DAWN FROZE SUKI DESU NE oh wait no she didn't. Seriously, I know these are obviously a convenient way for the animators to be lazy with Dawn's appeals(oh, kids will understand that ice is pretty because it's sparkly and stuff so THAT'S WHY SHE WINS), but some variety would be nice. Maybe fire appeals. Dawn could have something use Flamethrower to burn pretty shapes into the floor, and then she could have to find a way to pay off the huge bill she gets for the damages.
-Gabite is surprisingly quite for a large land shark dragon. I guess its point of view is to speak softly while being a big stick.
-Battle Frontier background song! As in, the song Battle Frontier! Awesome! Clearly more insert songs need to be my favorite songs instead of songs that aren't my favorites.
-Ulala apparently believes in utterly destroying her opponents. A pretty solid strategy if you ignore that fact that contest battles are still about looking good.
-Mamoswine seems to be interested in the battle half of contests...
-Pokemon Symphonic Medley! Argh! ...well, we actually haven't had this one in a while, so I'll let it slide.
-Few things are more adorable than a spoiled girl and her shark dragon comforting each other after a loss. Sadly, those darned sea thalidomide babies are just too cute.

pokefan16

yeah i love this episode and contest pachi was awesome and buneary's appeal was awesome but also awesome on jessie wow she's really improving her yanmega awesome and question what attack did gabite used when pachirisu counters it with discharge?the fire thingy with a tail LOL?

csisps_26

Roark <3
Skitty vs Jynx was in the Hoeen Grand Festival right?

In the contest before, if I remember correctly. Same episode as the one with Joshua & Houndoom...

Ah yes, this episode was OK. Ice appeal, again? :/ Nevermind 'bout that. At least Pachirisu gets some redemption after being in the corner of a cupboard starting to grow mould. Mamoswine seems to start being interested in the battle round, which is a good sign. I'd rather have her lose the next contest than the GF.

uber gon

Accept Change
Normally I'd be surprised at the main characters' pokémon having a random trampoline, but since Mamoswine seems to continuously rampage the way he does, it'd make sense.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Yes...Yes I do.

Sure, Dawn is quite a pretty character when dressed for a Buneary appeal, but other than that? Nah...

uber gon

Accept Change
You know, it's kinda weird to see a Gabite act like such a suck-up like in this episode.

Isis-sama

In this Sinnoh contest, there was some massive off-screen point deduction. Gabite even blocked the last Super Fang attack that apparently gave Dawn the win.

I think that was because Pachirisu was looking good and being elegant even while taking all of its damage, while Gabite was only focused on beating Pachirisu. Contest rules and all that. I know the games aren't the same as the anime, but in their Contests you can win without using any offensive moves at all.

And I'm pretty sure Mamo is female - look at its tusks, the male form has longer ones. Check out the tusks of the Mamoswine in the Giratina movie - those are male tusks, and they're noticeably longer than Dawn's Mamoswine's.

uber gon

Accept Change
And I'm pretty sure Mamo is female - look at its tusks, the male form has longer ones. Check out the tusks of the Mamoswine in the Giratina movie - those are male tusks, and they're noticeably longer than Dawn's Mamoswine's.

That explains why Mamoswine is so ******, she's suffering from PMS.:p

J-boogie200

So is Urara confirmed to be in the Grand Festival? I would love her too. Dawn needs a female Harley and who knows more rivals might equal more episodes for the GF. Does anyone know what Urara said to Dawn at the end. To me, I think she was talking about the next time they meet. Jessie needs to make it. She better not get stuck on four ribbons.