• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

Urara ..aha she's such a *****. I love her english voice, it's so annoying and *****y. And if I was Hikari ..I would have smacked that girl from the beginning. ughghgh.
But I do like her as a character. A nice sore loser, brat rival for Hikari. Besides, she's cute.

I LOVE WHEN HIKARI WEARS THOSE CUTE PUFFY BUNEARY COTTON BALLS IN HER HAIR! She looks like such a little sweetheart. <3 : D mwhaha.

But what else.
I had to LOL when they started playing that Battle Frontier theme song. Changed the words around a bit for when it said "BATTLE FRONTIER." It was so random and wtf. xD Like why would they choose that song. D: Our lame lame dubbers, hehe.

And again. I love Mamoswine, so much.
FOURTH RIBBON HIKARI. OH MY! O:

Last edited:

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Wow, they actually did name her Ursala. >.>

I didn't find this contest to be anything special. other than the battle at the end, it was a bit dull. But, I'm glad Pachirisu finally got some time to shine.

I really want Ursala to appear at least one more time, like at the Grand Festival or something. She's already more interesting then Zoey or Kenny simply because she wasn't all "buddy-buddy" with Dawn.

And the Battle Frontier music? Why?

I'm guessing it's because in the Japanese version, the Battle Frontier opening plays. So they played the Dub's Battle Frontier opening to match. I liked it, it was nice touch.

Last edited:

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
Huh..Interesting contest ep..let's see.

-Ursala...uggh..hate the name. Hate her. Little Brat. I guess she's kinda funny though. Brat/ bit...female dog rival for the win.
-MAMOSWINE! Epic Winar. He's just won 20 internets for being awesome. I love how they put the pompom on his head.
-Hey..look at that! Pikachu is wearing a male cheerleader costume..Huh.
-Bunny ears? And she uses Buneary? I c wut u did thar. I just got a weird Playboy vibe from that. It was wrong.
-Jessie...Holy...Arceus. That was actually really good. Yanmega is a sweet contest Pokemon. I hope she doesn't release it at the end of the Sinnoh arc here or anything. It's a bad-arse Pokemon.
-Battle Frontier! Woah..haven't heard that music for a while. Anyone notice they took out the word "Battle Frontier"? I think they said "battle...something"...I don't remember..didn't care. Nice song though.
-So..I think all the clips in the opening have been seen as of this ep, right? Nice...SWITCH IT!
-Uggh....Ursala *shivers* What a bit...female dog.
-Ok...Carnivine was going vine to claw with a Gabite. A GABITE! It turns into one of the most overused competitive Pokemons ever... but Carnivine can't beat a lowly Pikachu. Ash must give Pika a whooolle lot of Proteins and other dru...vitamins.
-REMARKABLE! Will Mr. Suziko ever say anything else? REMARKABLE! that they kept that going for so long.
-Ok...I know flowers come in all different colors...but how did they get that perfect image of the ribbon back there? And where can I sign them up to do my yard. I want a giant Dialga made out of flowers. Here's a hint Pokemon Theme Park. Make Pokemon Topiary!
-Was it me, or when Gabite walk over to Ursala, it was like "Can be hugs tiem now please?"
-ZOMG! Mamoswine watched the contest! It must be ZOMG warming up to Dawn. Well, Brock..maybe it was done sleeping? Nope..it went back to sleep.
-UGGGHHHH....Get that girl out of here. Nice bratty rival..but..she just contradicted herself. "I won't give you any compliments...but I guess you did alright." What the heck is wrong with you? And how'd you get "Chocovine" from "Akebi"? Or "Barry" from "Jun"?

Huh..so CN will be airing a marathon of 11 eps (I guess the last 11?)...good time for anyone to pick up on the dub.

Last edited:

Linkdarkside

the episode was good i really liked Gabite peformance. Pachirisu ddid not really KO it so it was a more beliveable defeat.

Vernikova

Champion
Ursula is much more interesting than Zoey or Kenny. She isn't a friendly character at all and that's the kind of rival that Dawn needed from the beginning. The final battle was alright even though it seemed to be a cheap win for her but it was a much needed win and appearance for Pachirisu. I hope that she's in the Grand Festival.

Torpoleon

The name , Ursula, is ok, I guess. It is close to her Japanese name, Urara. I liked her the music, almost like the BF music. In Pachirisu VS Gabite, the GS Music was played the 4th time in the season. In the Japanese version, wasn't there a part where Buneary messed up? I did not see that in the dub version. Over all, very good episode! Although, the Team Aqua/Magma Grunt Music would have been better over the GS Music that they played for the 4th time in this season.

HoennMaster

That was the Battle Frontier theme.....

Anyway, this was a great episode. Nice to see Speed Boost on Yanmega. Man, Ursala is mean and annoying. i have to watch Strategy with a Smile again to see if i can find her. (I might not be able to, though)

Your not going to find her in that episode.

And the Battle Frontier music? Why?

Because that's what played int he Japanese version.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Page 1 upon first Japan airing:
S.Suikun said:
(By the way, this girl is obviously going to be named "Ursala" in the dub. Not just because it sounds like "Ulala", but because she's a sea witch.)
I'm just too good.

I tuned in briefly to the dub today because I was curious as to how the dub would portray her. I have to say, they did a pretty good job (sounded like a snotty Lillis, meaning they thankfully didn't give her a snotty Ortiz). Much better than what I've seen of Zoey.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
You'd think there'd be some form of variation between Rock Blast and Stone Edge.

Shadow XD001

Your not going to find her in that episode.

Yeah, figured that. But maybe a little, little bit of her in that part. Eh, whatever.

The battle was pretty good; Pachi's and Gabite's. I have to say, I love this title. It's one of my favorite titles. (I just love how the U.S,. titles can sometimes sound more cooler then the Japanese titles)

milenadrg

Episode was awesome! Ursula had great personallity, only her witch laugh was weird...:eek: I even wanted her to became Dawn's offical rival(like Zoey and Kenny)...
It was nice seeing Pachirisu learning new attack and I liked backround music of this ep, too...:) Mamoswine sleeping was funny. I reeeally liked Jessie's and her Yanmega's appeal, it was great!

Linkdarkside

i like how Gabite can create rocks from energy most rock attack come from rocky areas and i was wondering how would a rack attack look in a rock less area.

i also like tthat Jessie is no longer cheating on contest.

S.Suikun

i also like tthat Jessie is no longer cheating on contest.
"No longer"? Jessie has rarely cheated in contests. The only time that even sticks out in my mind is the one where Harley was manipulating TR.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
"No longer"? Jessie has rarely cheated in contests. The only time that even sticks out in my mind is the one where Harley was manipulating TR.

Uh, how about transforming Meowth in that one Contest? Seems like cheating to me. Not to mention trying to steal Ribbons at the Hoenn Grand Festival.

Now then, this was a pretty good Contest episode. I wish we could have something besides ice appeals for once, but hey, they're not too bad. And the Pachirisu/Gabite fight was good. And Ursula is certainly a...well, you-know-what. I hope she reappears again.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Well...I wasn't particularly content with today's episode:-/
Sure, there were some outstanding scenes like Jessie acting like a reasonable normal contestant who showed a great appeal and should therefore be taken seriously.

But once again, the writers messed up the decisive battles!!:disgust:
Why, why in the world are they obviously unable to produce one logic and comprehensible contest battle? By now, cold shivers go down my spine whenever I hear that the next episode is going to feature another contest, as I can predict almost certainly that it'll be bad and disappointing.

Now, here's what bugged me today:
- In every contest episode which is a one-parter we're expected to take for granted that Dawn's Pokemon reach the final round with ease... NO! I won't accept this. This is storytelling of the worst kind:scared:
- Let's analyze the last minutes of the battle Dawn vs. Ursula again:
Pachirsu had already been hit countless times and should have lost almost all of its points when it finally started to fight properly. Actually, it should have been impossible for Dawn to make up her loss of points.
Given this fact, doesn't it surprise you that after Pachirisu repeled that Stone Edge with its tail, both Dawn and Ursula had exactly the same amount of points?? WHY? It's right that you can slightly reduce your opponent's points by successfully defending yourself or repeling their attacks, but Pachirisu didn't even have one single hit! So, Ursula's loss of point was way too exaggerated!
Then the last attack: Gabite used a highly impressive(!) Dragon Rage while all Pachirusu did was rolling around playfully and thereby destroying this massive attack (which alone was implausible). It then tried(!) to hit Gabite with Super Fang which my favorite Dragon-type successfully defended itself against. And all of a sudden both opponents had less than one quarter of their total points?! Since when do so many points melt away like ice just because of two attacks which weren't particularly spectacular either??

Slowly but surely I'm starting to think that it would have been better perhaps if the writers hadn't introduced the idea of contests into the Anime. As long as they are not capable of giving us rousing and above all logical contest battles, such episodes will keep being a disappointment.

What a shame that "Another One Gabites The Dust", although having a promising title, somehow left a bitter aftertaste and destroyed my "Pokemon weekend" this time..

S.Suikun

Uh, how about transforming Meowth in that one Contest? Seems like cheating to me. Not to mention trying to steal Ribbons at the Hoenn Grand Festival.
I vaguely remember the transforming Meowth, but you're probably right. As for stealing ribbons at the GF, while such is criminal, it's not cheating in a contest itself.

Basically, the point I was trying to make is that Jessie has never "always" cheated.

uber gon

Accept Change
I seriously can't believe that "sculpture" could be likened to Sand Wormadam.

And if Pachirisu was screaming loudly while Super Fang was forming I would call that a DBZ rip-off.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
-Battle Frontier! Woah..haven't heard that music for a while. Anyone notice they took out the word "Battle Frontier"? I think they said "battle...something"...I don't remember..didn't care. Nice song though.
Instead of saying "ts the Battle Frontier" they said "Let the battle begin"

Anyway I loved this episode, but contest episodes rarely dissapoint me. I really liked Ursula. I didn't at first, but as the episode went on I warmed up to her because she is so different than Dawn's other rivals. Kenny, Zoey, and Nando are just too buddy-buddy with Dawn.

I admitt, the final battle was a little unrealistic. It seems like Pachi made up a lot of points in a short amount of time. Still, I think the fact that it deflected so many powerful attacks using his natural instincts (electricity charged in tail) might have helped cut Ursula's points down. In the end it wasn't too hard to believe that Dawn won.

I really enjoyed Jesse's appeal and I hope she gets to the GF this time. Oh and the Battle Frontier music! That just made the episode a whole lot better.

10/10