• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked this rival. Forgot her name but she reminds me of Harley.

Pachirisu finally got some screentime and it was so cute and powerful. Gabite is a Ground type so I wouldn't have thought Pachirisu would be used.

9/10

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pretty cool contest battle. Pachirisu defeating a Gabite was A surprise for sure.

firestar319

The Marauder
I thoroughly enjoyed this contest. An awesome personality in Ursula and Gabite (reminds me of Harley), and Pachirisu got its time to shine in battle, and was awesome in doing it. 9/10

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol, I would like Harley and Ursula to team up! That is unlikely though since she probably was a oneshot rival. The thing I keep wondering about is, why make a oneshot rival have a backstory of envieing Dawn winning the WallaceCup and then leaving her to rot in anime wasteland?

She used good pokemon, with good attacks, eventhough Pachi was able to defeat it in a contest battle. I'd like to think that Gabite would destroy Pachi in regular combat.

There's a ton of things you can build up a team using groundtypes, since that's a pretty good spread typing, the mixes ranging from rock, dragon, water, grass, psychic, poison, bug, ice, steel, fire and even flying. (I'm seriously waiting for GameFreak to conjure up a Electric/Ground type..)(or the other four missing types for that matter: Normal/Ground, Dark/Ground Fighting/Ground and Ghost/Ground)

STICKTOPIA

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It didn't defeat Gabite. It just had more points.

In the world of Pokemon Contest, that counts as a defeat. Pachirirsu out scored it so, yeah it defeated a Gabite in a contest battle. It doesn't have to KO it to win a contest battle.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ugh, that lady in this episode really annoyed me. She reminded me too much of that stuck-up egotist fashion designer from season 11's "Arriving in Style". It's interesting that they put her in an episode after she was just a background character in the Wallace Cup, but that didn't make her any more appealing. It also doesn't help that Jessie loses another contest she should have won. At least Pachirisu finally learned a new move for the contest, and it was funny how scary it could look when it's p*ssed off. Don't **ck with an electric squirrel, that's for sure. LOL :)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
@ Wobbanut.. You don't like mean rivals? I thought it was a welcome breath of fresh air of all the goody kids that Dawn has made her rivals up to now: Zoey, basically her mentor.. Kenny, basically loves her.. Nando, is just too polite.. then you have the stream of one shots.. who make better rivals then the ones above.. Kyle was good, he had a good team (Lanturn, Cloyster and Crawdaunt) Lila, who had a good connection to her, but still fought like a veteran should.. then Ursula who totally despised Dawn! Those are the kinds of rivalries I actually want to see..

That's why Ash's rivals this time are better, they either don't like him, or don't acknowledge/understand his training methods.. so he has to prove something.. Dawn just has fun with her friends, with nothing to prove.. well they could have give her an objective by making her not want to be seen as not just a topcoordinator's kid, but that was too much for the writers to do even.. Its just a shame..

Ps. Pachi did great this episode.. They finally gave it a backbone xD

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I love rivals (Gary, Drew, and Barry rule!), but not the fingernails-on-chalkboard kind.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Ursula is great. I missed this episode back then, now i understand why everyone wanted her back : D i really want to see more of her soon.... (not spoilers allowed here, shhh! lol)

I liked how everything build up from something as insignificant like a poffin.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
In the world of Pokemon Contest, that counts as a defeat. Pachirirsu out scored it so, yeah it defeated a Gabite in a contest battle. It doesn't have to KO it to win a contest battle.

Pachirisu's appearance was great, but It didn't defeat Gabite in a battle, it defeated him in a contest battle like you said, but it's not a regular battle. Also I liked Pachirisu's Hyper Fang. it used this move perfectly, and Dawn's strategy was awesome.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Contests battles are like regular battles...

The only difference is the time limit. How does that null Pachirisu's victory?

Simple. The squirrel didn't KO the land shark.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I like that we got to see Gabite in the anime(excluding PMD2 special).Rivals are nice too see.I can see why the put Ursala back in DP161 and 162.It was another one of those weak type move ko`s a stronger type.

10/10

JohnLee

I like that we got to see Gabite in the anime(excluding PMD2 special).Rivals are nice too see.I can see why the put Ursala back in DP161 and 162.It was another one of those weak type move ko`s a stronger type.

10/10

Everyone always enjoys an underdog story! :)
Pachi was definitely the underground. I wasn't sure if she was going to make it or not. I was happy to see Pachi get the spotlight.

harryheart

Why did the Pokemon Battle Frontier theme music play during this episode, that was a really random thing there especially considering Dawn didn't even exist back then ... (the theme music played during the stills of the matches to get to the finals!)

-Salamence-

In one word: Disappointing. I think that again, Dawn's rival in the contest are much better, but again they make her win without actually doing nothing. In the start Gabite hit Pachirisu a lot, but when Ursula begun to act stupidly she lost points. Instead of using ariel ace and crish pachirisu without problem. she attacked him with stone edge, which was obvious that pachirisu will crush thos stones.

And did you notice that Pachirisu did not hit Gabite even 1 time?

Yikes! Angry Pachirisu is sccaaaaryyyyy!

This episode officially makes Gabite one of my newest favorite Pokemon!
Seriously! That Pokemon is that cool!

Also, when Ursala said "You'll get no compliments from me!" (was that what she said?) it reminded me of Ike from SSBB saying "you'll get no sympathy from me!"