• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Contest! Akebi Convention!

It's time for the Akebi Pokémon Contest and Dawn is eager to earn her fourth ribbon. While there, Dawn meets another co-ordinator who appears to be very cocky. Ending up in battle against her in the contest, Dawn faces one of her toughest battles yet against the co-ordinator's Gabite. Can Dawn win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dman_dustin

It appears Mamoswine is getting interested in contests. Chances are Mamoswine will show this, Dawn will use it in the next contest. Lose because Mamoswine chose to do what it wants, and then by the 5th ribbon contest for Dawn, Mamoswine reluctantly obeys.

Jessie's appeal was better than anyone else's. I don't know what that green glowing jet streak was that Yanmega did, but if you got a ribbon for appeals, Jessie would get it.

Well Dawn now has 4 ribbons, one more ribbon until she can enter the grand festival.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
To bad there wasn't more pics from what I saw and everything I'd like to see Urara. Again down the road like once the Grand Festival comes into the picture.

kemal07

was jessie really in this episode competing???
and there was no tangrowth right (hopefully)

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I believe there was no Tangrowth.

Looks like a great episode and I'll watch it tonight. By the sound of it, Jessie's appeal was awesome. I'm really glad Dawn won and now she only needs one more ribbon! I bet there will be a contest in which Mamoswine disobeys her, as it's now interested. Then lastly, however cliched it is, it'll be the last contest before the GF and Dawn's last chance. Mamoswine rampages in the final, against the COtD, and Dawn pleads to Mamoswine. It then realizes that Dawn truly does love it and obeys her.

Aww....

kemal07

I believe there was no Tangrowth.

Looks like a great episode and I'll watch it tonight. By the sound of it, Jessie's appeal was awesome. I'm really glad Dawn won and now she only needs one more ribbon! I bet there will be a contest in which Mamoswine disobeys her, as it's now interested. Then lastly, however cliched it is, it'll be the last contest before the GF and Dawn's last chance. Mamoswine rampages in the final, against the COtD, and Dawn pleads to Mamoswine. It then realizes that Dawn truly does love it and obeys her.

Aww....

was jessie in the same contest or another one?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You know, I'm in a good ol' swearing mood today. I haven't had a real good swear-fest since watching the Grammys on Sunday (I have so many great profane Robert Plant jokes now). But since there may be kids reading this, I'm going to attempt to use as many "swear substitutes" as I possibly can in this review.

Dawn using Pachirisu? That fudging thing still exists? Hot dang! Of course, Mamoswine is stalling idly by and then rams Dawn like the fat piece of shittake mushrooms he is. Suddenly, a Gabite stops Pachi's path cold because he's just a donkeyhole like that, making Pachi mad as heck. Of course, Gabite's trainer is a snobby rich word-that-rhymes-with-rich. And son of Ulala, did they just semi-retcon the Wallace Cup by having Ulala be one of the unseen rivals? Those writers are some crafty little bass fishers.

Lotsa Natsume goodness, unlike a few other AD's who are great wads of Kinoshita. The contest hall looks like a giant solar panel, meaning the contest staff consists of a bunch of Zeus darn hippies. I'm looking at you Mr. Sukizo. Don't "Suki desu ne" me, you little jack behind. OOH! ICE APPEAL! TRUCK YEAH! I mean, it's totally like I haven't seen one of those before. Seriously, I wanna know if the contest staff just waits for these farking things to melt before the next appeal or just turns up the thermostat really high.

Duskull appears for three seconds in an episode - a new record high! Ulala now has Wormadam create a giant sand condom, but for the sake of you kids, let's just call it a giant sand pacifier. What's that? Is...that...BATTLE FRONTIER!? This episode officially kicks arse. So now it comes down to a little woodland rodent against a weird dragon-shark hybird that was thought up upon a good few weeks of the white stuff. Again, for you kids, let's just call it vanilla ice cream.

(By the way, this girl is obviously going to be named "Ursala" in the dub. Not just because it sounds like "Ulala", but because she's a sea witch.)

Good battle, and the best part is that - against all odds - Ulala remained a female dog face at the end of the episode instead of realizing she was a jerk, completely scowling at Dawn. This may not be the last we see of her (though while she has more personality than all of Dawn's other rivals combined, there's just way too many). They also gave Mamoswine signs of an eventual turn to respect, with it suddenly becoming attentive when Pachirisu turned the tables.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
You know, I'm in a good ol' swearing mood today. I haven't had a real good swear-fest since watching the Grammys on Sunday (I have so many great profane Robert Plant jokes now). But since there may be kids reading this, I'm going to attempt to use as many "swear substitutes" as I possibly can in this review.

Dawn using Pachirisu? That fudging thing still exists? Hot dang! Of course, Mamoswine is stalling idly by and then rams Dawn like the fat piece of shittake mushrooms he is. Suddenly, a Gabite stops Pachi's path cold because he's just a donkeyhole like that, making Pachi mad as heck. Of course, Gabite's trainer is a snobby rich word-that-rhymes-with-rich. And son of Ulala, did they just semi-retcon the Wallace Cup by having Ulala be one of the unseen rivals? Those writers are some crafty little bass fishers.

Lotsa Natsume goodness, unlike a few other AD's who are great wads of Kinoshita. The contest hall looks like a giant solar panel, meaning the contest staff consists of a bunch of Zeus darn hippies. I'm looking at you Mr. Sukizo. Don't "Suki desu ne" me, you little jack behind. OOH! ICE APPEAL! TRUCK YEAH! I mean, it's totally like I haven't seen one of those before. Seriously, I wanna know if the contest staff just waits for these farking things to melt before the next appeal or just turns up the thermostat really high.

Duskull appears for three seconds in an episode - a new record high! Ulala now has Wormadam create a giant sand condom, but for the sake of you kids, let's just call it a giant sand pacifier. What's that? Is...that...BATTLE FRONTIER!? This episode officially kicks arse. So now it comes down to a little woodland rodent against a weird dragon-shark hybird that was thought up upon a good few weeks of the white stuff. Again, for you kids, let's just call it vanilla ice cream.

(By the way, this girl is obviously going to be named "Ursala" in the dub. Not just because it sounds like "Ulala", but because she's a sea witch.)

Good battle, and the best part is that - against all odds - Ulala remained a female dog face at the end of the episode instead of realizing she was a jerk, completely scowling at Dawn. This may not be the last we see of her (though while she has more personality than all of Dawn's other rivals combined, there's just way too many). They also gave Mamoswine signs of an eventual turn to respect, with it suddenly becoming attentive when Pachirisu turned the tables.

You always have the right things to say!

Ulala probably will be renamed Ursula, it definitely suits her personality.

By the way, don't link me, but does anyone know a website where I can see this fabulous episode?

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
OMG Jessie was close beating her.Shes going to GF For sure
*Snowpoint Gym Contest*
*Volker gym contest*
and a final one or she win the one with mamoswine not listening:)

uber gon

Accept Change
Heh the Magcargo in this episode made me think of Cartman getting an anal probe and farting fire.:p

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
You always have the right things to say!

Ulala probably will be renamed Ursula, it definitely suits her personality.

By the way, don't link me, but does anyone know a website where I can see this fabulous episode?

With the Ursula name, it'd be kinda funny if they called her "that little witch!" at some point. :)

Do you want episode pictures? Filb.de works.

kemal07

yeh ursula is a good english version name for her. i liked mamoswines reactions, how i hope that jessie gets her next badge. i know its out of topic but does jessie have 2 or 3 badges at the moment??

uber gon

Accept Change
yeh ursula is a good english version name for her. i liked mamoswines reactions, how i hope that jessie gets her next badge. i know its out of topic but does jessie have 2 or 3 badges at the moment??

They're ribbons, and she has 2 so far.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Awesome episode.

Stock footage ICE BEAMU!!!!

Yanmega's appeal...awesome. I love how they finally incorporated Speed Boost into the episode.

The battle was, IMO Dawn's best battle in the show so far, hands down. She had some pretty ingenious strategies going on there, such as the fabled spinning dodge (funnily enough, the first time she uses it since the Wallace Cup, and it fails miserably), and using Pachi's tail + Discharge to deflect attacks.

Pachi uses Spin Dash! Everything's better with spinning!

The animation looked very Iwane-ish during the whole battle, which is obviously a good thing. I <3 Natsume. :)

Urara was a snobby little Jerkass up until the end, which was just great...I really do hope she shows up a little more.

BATTLE FRONTIIIIIIIIERR!!!!!!! Whose awesomeness is then cancelled out by Symphonic Pokemon Medley. Damn, damn, damn! :p

EDIT: Anyone else notice that Dawn never wins by KO?

J-boogie200

Awesome episode.

Stock footage ICE BEAMU!!!!

Yanmega's appeal...awesome. I love how they finally incorporated Speed Boost into the episode.

The battle was, IMO Dawn's best battle in the show so far, hands down. She had some pretty ingenious strategies going on there, such as the fabled spinning dodge (funnily enough, the first time she uses it since the Wallace Cup, and it fails miserably), and using Pachi's tail + Discharge to deflect attacks.

Pachi uses Spin Dash! Everything's better with spinning!

The animation looked very Iwane-ish during the whole battle, which is obviously a good thing. I <3 Natsume. :)

Urara was a snobby little Jerkass up until the end, which was just great...I really do hope she shows up a little more.

BATTLE FRONTIIIIIIIIERR!!!!!!! Whose awesomeness is then cancelled out by Symphonic Pokemon Medley. Damn, damn, damn! :p

EDIT: Anyone else notice that Dawn never wins by KO?
Yeah, I've noticed that. May won by KO a lot which is what I think seperates them. May won mostly through brute force, while Dawn uses her pokemon's grace and beauty to command the scoring board. I love both and Misty but back on topic this episode ruled. You'd think buneary would have the same appeal but it was so different and awesome. Urara is an interesting character. Jessie did great too. And seeing Mamo getting a bit interested in Dawn and contests was nice. Can't wait till the next one!

kemal07

They're ribbons, and she has 2 so far.

of course im so sorry lol i was getting interupted while typing that :D

and this is the second time heard the word BATTLE FRONTIER. how comes? was a battle frontier mentioned in the episode?

uber gon

Accept Change
Yeah, I've noticed that. May won by KO a lot which is what I think seperates them. May won mostly through brute force, while Dawn uses her pokemon's grace and beauty to command the scoring board. I love both and Misty but back on topic this episode ruled. You'd think buneary would have the same appeal but it was so different and awesome. Urara is an interesting character. Jessie did great too. And seeing Mamo getting a bit interested in Dawn and contests was nice. Can't wait till the next one!

Wonder how Dawn will use Mamoswine in a contest battle once it's obedient? Unlike most of her pokémon it's A LOT more brutal.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
of course im so sorry lol i was getting interupted while typing that :D

and this is the second time heard the word BATTLE FRONTIER. how comes? was a battle frontier mentioned in the episode?

I was referring to the song Battle Frontier...you know, the opening for the Battle Frontier?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
They're referring to background music. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm betting it played at a crucial point of the Pachirisu/Gabite fight.