• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another rain RMT

Parasol Lady

Why so serious ?
So I've used this team and slight variations of it a few times on Pokemon Online and it's kinda stuck onto me since. It's my first shot at making a weather team and also my first OU team (I like UU better for some reason). I've really been wanting to use Rotom - W and I also like the VoltTurn strategy, which I know works pretty well in the rain. But mind you, VoltTurn isn't the main focus of this team. So without further ado, I present my team:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
Scald
Protect
Perish Song
Toxic
My obvious lead and weather starter. His main job is to stay alive throughout the match and keep the rain going, hence the defensive set. I've seen it being used with Specs and even Scarf though I found the latter a tad bit gimmicky. It uses the standard Toxic/Protect stall strategy. Perish Song forces the opponent to switch out, thus crippling setup sweepers and choiced sweepers alike as opposed to Encore which is useless while dealing with the latter. I've also encountered a SubToxic variant of Politoed on PO though I've need tried it myself.

Rotom - W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/ 28 SpA/ 232 SpDef
Volt Switch
Hydropump
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Got this set on Smogon. Though it might seem odd on a rain team, this Rotom serves as a means to deal with opposing rain teams which have given me a lot of trouble before I decided to make my own. I specifically hate Tornadus who trolls big time with Prankster Taunt and STAB Hurricane. The EV spreads are also kinda weird but I don't know much about damage calculations so meh. I've also used the TrickScarf variant which is marvelous against teams that don't use rain. It's also a better job at VoltTurning than this one and keeps dragons at bay with HPice so I wouldn't mind swapping the two if that's a good idea...

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit
So this guy is like the only physical attacker on board. He hasn't much to fear in the rain save for Volcarona and probably some Heatran. His main job is to take care of Latias and Celebi. He's a great physical attacker all round and takes care of whatever the others can't handle. Like I mentioned earlier, I wanted to try VoltTurn and this is the best thing that comes to mind. It also complements Rotom very well. I've been using this set since Platinum came out and is a personal favorite of sorts.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/ 236 Def/ 20 Spe
Scald
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Protect
Tentacruel's main job is to lay down Toxic Spikes and also function as my Rapid Spinner. Scald burns that which cannot be poisoned. Protect grants 1/8th healing when used. Like Politoed, This guy's main job is to stay alive and lay down spikes or spin away entry hazards when required. It can also be helpful against opposing rain teams. The speed EVs are to help lay down spikes faster and outpace certain threats like magnazone and breloom.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpDef/ 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz
Hurricane
Quiver Dance
My other sweeper. Hurricane gets 100% accuracy and helps deal with the likes of Virizion and Breloom. Bug Buzz is my main STAB and takes down Celebi. Fire Blast screws Ferrothorn and opposing Scizor, even with rain in play. She's also really powerful under the sun and helps me beat other sun teams. She also happens to be the reason I need to keep Tebtacruel alive and healthy at all times. Flame body also helps shut down a lot of physical sweepers although Volcarona isn't really meant to be taking hits.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Scald
Psyshock
Ice Beam
Slack-off
Slowbro makes an awesome physical tank. He's also my favorite Pokemon from UU although he does great in OU as well. While Flamethrower is normally used in place of Psyshock, I have chosen it for two reasons, the first being that flamethrower's power is severely weakened by rain and the second reason is that besides Scizor, the entire team consists of special attackers and thus being walled by the fat pink jerk. Ice Beam is my best, albeit shaky, answer to dragon types.

Please rate, comment and criticize freely. And while you're at it, please recommend something I can do about dragon types and Gastrodon. Thanks :)

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
I used to have problems with Gastrodon too on one of my teams, but Toxic on Rotom, instead of WoW does great in removing it.
Firey Dance/Flamethrower > Fire Blast, cuz miss hax are killing.
Physical Dragons are dealt with pretty well IMO, but since like no one is specially defensive, Specs Latios' Draco Meteors can severely damage the team.

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
Also, I really think you have too many water types. You should put a late game sweeper on the team(Like Jolteon or something) or have something that can set up hazards and take hits, while immune to Electric attacks(i.e Donphan. That thing has been getting alot of use now.)

Parasol Lady

Why so serious ?
I used to have problems with Gastrodon too on one of my teams, but Toxic on Rotom, instead of WoW does great in removing it.
Firey Dance/Flamethrower > Fire Blast, cuz miss hax are killing.
Physical Dragons are dealt with pretty well IMO, but since like no one is specially defensive, Specs Latios' Draco Meteors can severely damage the team.

Well I put WoW on Rotom to buff it up on the physical side (sort of) and I already have Toxic Spikes and Toxic on Tentracuel and Politoed respectively so I thought it would be enough.
And as far as special defense goes, I thought Rotom was enough, is it not ? I haven't run into any Latios yet so I don't really know.
And I was also thinking of switching WoW for T-Wave to cripple faster threats.

Also, I really think you have too many water types. You should put a late game sweeper on the team(Like Jolteon or something) or have something that can set up hazards and take hits, while immune to Electric attacks(i.e Donphan. That thing has been getting alot of use now.)
Toxic spikes are my only form of entry hazards at the moment and while Donphan seems nice, the team, as pointed out by SkyDiver, could use something more on the specially defensive side. Donphan is still a neat choice though. What about Excadrill ? Late game sweeper and immune to electric type attacks. It can also screw with sand teams.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
For your SpD problems, you might try Celebi. It gets good synergy with the rain, functions as a cleric (if running Heal Bell) and defensive pivot and has a solid 323 SpD with 404 HP to back it up on this SpD set.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
- Giga Drain
- U-Turn
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

I'm not exactly sure how this fares against that Specs Latios as far as taking hits goes but it does tank a lot of Special threats effectively, particularly the bane of many rain teams, Thundurus-T. Giga Drain can be Psychic if you feel you don't need the recovery benefit / don't have problems with Gastrodon, but I personally prefer Giga Drain. It checks Gastrodon and adds that nice recovery. U-Turn has synergy with Natural Cure and gives you a bit of damage on the way out. It's a great scouting move too. Recover is fantastic, good consistent recovery. Stealth Rock is here because you mentioned you didn't have any hazards besides Toxic Spikes and Rocks is always a great thing to have. Celebi can get it off easily too.

Atrocious

Took a quick glance; at school, but you'll probably want Surf or Hydro Punp over Scald on Politoed so you can use Toxic instead of the burn getting in the way.

Parasol Lady

Why so serious ?
For your SpD problems, you might try Celebi. It gets good synergy with the rain, functions as a cleric (if running Heal Bell) and defensive pivot and has a solid 323 SpD with 404 HP to back it up on this SpD set.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
- Giga Drain
- U-Turn
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

I'm not exactly sure how this fares against that Specs Latios as far as taking hits goes but it does tank a lot of Special threats effectively, particularly the bane of many rain teams, Thundurus-T. Giga Drain can be Psychic if you feel you don't need the recovery benefit / don't have problems with Gastrodon, but I personally prefer Giga Drain. It checks Gastrodon and adds that nice recovery. U-Turn has synergy with Natural Cure and gives you a bit of damage on the way out. It's a great scouting move too. Recover is fantastic, good consistent recovery. Stealth Rock is here because you mentioned you didn't have any hazards besides Toxic Spikes and Rocks is always a great thing to have. Celebi can get it off easily too.

Yes ! This is exactly what I needed. I ditched Slowbro for a Donphan to deal with electric types. However, it's horrible typing and the fact that every electric type has HP ice didn't help too much all it could do was get rocks up before it died. I also badly needed a cleric not named Blissey. This Celebi seems perfect. I'll definitely try it out. Thanks a bunch :)