• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another Tankobon Announced!

Maxim

Beyond repair
CoroCoro has recently announced the previously-running manga to be finally Tankobonned.

The title of the manga is ポケットモンスタープラチナ めざせ!!バトル王 (Pokemon Platinum - Aim to be Battle King!!) and the manga-ka is Ryuu Matsushima, also the author of never tankobonned Pokemon Ranger SoA manga (not the one from Daisuki Website. This one actually ran in CoroCoro). The cost of this Tankobon is 410 Yens.

Also, there's another pleasing news that the same author is currently working on A HGSS manga, which will be included in the next CoroCoro issue. Even though the main hero's look scares me, I hope for a decent manga here.

Also, I'm hoping for someone to get the Battle King Manga (along with the previously-announced Battrio Manga) and give us some information (and possible pictures).

ForeverFlame

I expect Viz Media will have both of them liscensed and published by the time spring 2010 comes. They have a habit of liscensing anything as along as it has "Pokemon" in its title, including that crappy Movie 11 manga.

It's weird how they're pumping out so many manga adaptions now. First there was just Pokemon Adventures (Special, whatever), but now there's DP Adventures, "Platinum - Aim to be Battle King!!", and presumably "HGSS Adventures".

Last edited:

Darkxninga

Whoa that guy in the link "a HG/SS manga" is scarrrrryy looking..... wonder what this will be about. I was alittle surprised at what I saw, I pictured something different. I guess it'll come out next year.

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
With those fangs he reminds me of Sapphire from PokeSpe.

SmartD

That picture of Gold looks wierd, kind of like how the characters from Pocket Monsters and DPA are exaggerated. I hope they come out in english.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Wow, the HGSS manga art looks unprofessional

Also ForeverFlame, there have always been massive amounts of manga adaptations, before Pokemon Adventures even there was Pocket Monsters, as well as other manga around that same rime period like Dengeki Pikachu, Magical Pokemon Journeys, PokeWake, Pokemon Zensho, also when the original GSC games came out there was also the manga adaptation called Golden Boys, and there are many one-volume adaptations of other games (even that TCG game that came out for gameboy)...this isn't really a new trend...other then Viz is releasing more pokemon manga now in english.

Rex Kamex

Kaika said:
Wow, the HGSS manga art looks unprofessional

Not to me- Totodile looks the same as in other Pokemon series. The only other thing is the way the main character looks, but If the author wants the main character to look like that, whatever. Fine with me. His look reminds me of A.J. from one of the old Kanto episodes of Pokemon.

I expect Viz Media will have both of them liscensed and published by the time spring 2010 comes. They have a habit of liscensing anything as along as it has "Pokemon" in its title, including that crappy Movie 11 manga.

It's weird how they're pumping out so many manga adaptions now. First there was just Pokemon Adventures (Special, whatever), but now there's DP Adventures, "Platinum - Aim to be Battle King!!", and presumably "HGSS Adventures".

They've been doing it for a while now. The Pokemon Adventures re-release was just one of them. If you're talking about the first release, they had released the Dengeki (what is that, "energetic"?) Pikachu series and the Magical Pokemon Journey one. They started releasing more manga with the Best of books and that Mystery Dungeon one, then later D&P Adventure.

Last edited:

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
'Dengeki' means 'electric shock', I think.

I admit that the guy with Totodile has some very, very strange facial anatomy. Unless the art style looks different and more sane in the actual manga itself, I won't be reading it. And yes, there's always been adaptions of various Pokémon licenses. I'm interested in reading the Battle King manga, though.

Lugion

Well, "geki" means "attack" or "assault", so I'd think it'd be "Electric attack Pikachu" or something.

invisible-chan

ポッキ の かみ
I'm now going to anxiously look forward to this new manga. I'm especially want to find out how the heroine will be portrayed. I think the art looks fine, especially the Totodile. I've seen less "professional" looking art than that. I'm going to predict that the hero will be a jerk and the heroine will be a tsundere, sadly. Either that or very kind and sweet. I just wanna see the rival. *sigh*

JFate

Travelling Trainer
That Dengeki manga, I know its called the Electric Tale of Pikachu in English^^. Though the HGSS guy....wow, if he's not hot blooded and rash with that design, I'd be seriously surprised.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Not to me- Totodile looks the same as in other Pokemon series. The only other thing is the way the main character looks, but If the author wants the main character to look like that, whatever. Fine with me. His look reminds me of A.J. from one of the old Kanto episodes of Pokemon.
Nah, the tododile is fine, I was referring to the main characters whose eyes are apparently attached to his hat (either that or his hat is going into his skull via eyesockets). only to be complimented by the GIANT FANG. Not something I'd expect from a professional manga artist at all.

Rex Kamex

But what doesn't make him a professional? That's just his art style.

That picture of Gold looks wierd, kind of like how the characters from Pocket Monsters and DPA are exaggerated. I hope they come out in english.

Assuming his name is even Gold...

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
But what doesn't make him a professional? That's just his art style.

Because there has to be a certain level of quality in order to be considered professional. Even for manga the proportions are skewed and the perspective is off. (where is the light source in that shading coming from? Above? Right at them? Even if totodile is drawn well it is still HUGE and looks flat in comparison to it's trainer, as well as the previously mentioned hat in eyesockets)

I could make a pokemon manga where all of the characters are stick figures, that could be my "style" and still look unprofessional.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Because there has to be a certain level of quality in order to be considered professional. Even for manga the proportions are skewed and the perspective is off. (where is the light source in that shading coming from? Above? Right at them? Even if totodile is drawn well it is still HUGE and looks flat in comparison to it's trainer, as well as the previously mentioned hat in eyesockets)

I could make a pokemon manga where all of the characters are stick figures, that could be my "style" and still look unprofessional.

Meh, that "unprofessional" style you're talking about reminds me of the artist for Ash and Pikachu... also the Deoxys (Movie 7) manga. It's their style, you really can't blame them if they're so out of proportion. Yeah, it still has the unprofessional look either way. We all have different perspectives when it comes to "professional" stuff.

Dunno why they still decide to print it... maybe it's to encourage the little kids that manga is not supposed to be perfect in terms of proportions all the time? After all, Pokemon is targeted at children.

Either way, I saw the style for this artist we're talking about in this thread, and to be honest, he's better than the artist I'm referring to. Trust me, your eyes will bleed when you see the one I'm talking about. :p

Maxim

Beyond repair
Is anyone here buying Battle King?

The Tankobon has been here for awhile, yet no one seems to have gotten it hands on it. I even don't know the main character's name. Pics and info will be greatly appreciated.