• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

another team!? (again!?)LOL

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
right now u might be thinking, how can this guy never get tired of posting OU?right?well it helps me improve alot in every aspect, so before everything i present u the team:

ForretressRFVH.png
pokemon_salamenceSprite.gif
scizor-f.png
Infernape_DP.png
Gengar_OCPA_brillante.png
VaporeonNormalSprite.gif

Now u must b imagining that this little team is just made of 6 random pokemons, so i must explain every small detail about the team:

forretress.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252HP 232SpDef 24 Def
SR
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Payback

This pokemon role is easy to understand, but i must explain further; this set is similar to one i used to use when i was less experienced as a battler, and made wonders in most battles, it made me win impossible battles, but now i took a similar and more experienced wayto make it more efective, SR is an atack that will help alot pokemons like Gengar, but majorly against some threads like togekiss and snorlax, so my salamence can take them down easily.
Rapid Spinnin is to help my salamence not be KOed too quicky, also my infernape, and gyro ball is not to make him useless, he must SR ASAP, then start to spike until he have to switch out, hopefully gyro ball will help against things like aerodactyl.
The evs and nature a somewhat specific to counter the uprising number of flamethrower/fire blast infernapes as leads, and the defese evs are to never forget def.

salamence.png

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
252Speed 16Atk 240SpAtk
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Flamethrower
EQ

Again a mixmence, i like this guy alot, he always gets me an advantage, unless it gets countered, otherwise, its a beast, usually its to use a draco meteor or flamethrower, and then luch outrages like a crazy to my oponent, unless im against a snorlax, and a few more, but mainly snorlax, its much better to start off with outrage, and the Draco meteor, since almost everyone of them carry curse in their movesets, wich after a draco meteor, my outrage is weaker too, then they rest im im out, wich makes me get crazy.
Again with the moveset, u might prefer fire blast, but i prefer accuracy over power, since the diference isnt that big, and the threats it KOs quiclier arent that big, and missing atacks isnt a choice.
The EV's are focused on SpAtk, so that his stat can pair the atack stat, making 2 good stats, since flamethrower, and draco meteor will be my main atacks, but after a draco meteor, its necesary to use outrage/eq.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Choice band
Adamant
248HP 240Atk 16Speed
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Superpower
Pursuit

Originally, i had Metagross, but some guys told me he would be better, and i realized it was, so i decided to go with him, specially as he can cover my DDance salamence weakness, his role being mostly a revenge killer, being even stronger than metagross. BP, is obviously a priority move, with STAB, and technitian boost, U-turn as scouting and good STAB boost also receiving technitian boost, superpower to beat otther scizors, and a few other pokemons that resist BP, pursuit, well its pursuit, since alot of pokes flee when they see scizor, also a good coverage boost. I decided the 16 speed to outrun other scizors, since i know that superpower OHKO´s them.

infernape.png

Infernape @ Life orb
Naive
252Speed 192SpAtk 64Atk
Close combat
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
HP Ice

This particular EV spread is to outspeed any other infernape, wich can be taken out with one close combat i think, tell me if im wrong, but as coverage, it helps my teammates in every aspect, flamethrower, is the same than salamence, over fire blast since i consider it much better, close combat was the best option, grass knot and HP ice for bigger coverage specially against swampert and dragons.
I already explained the EV spread above, but atk is to make only close combat much much better and spatk, well to help every other atack.

vaporeon.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
252Def 188HP 68SpAtk
Ice Beam
Surf
Wish
Protect

This vaporeon, a wish supporter, it will help my other pokemons, since 2 will be holding a life orb, and both are weak to a stealth rock i couldnt avoid with my forretress, since he can help alot, also he is quite strong with that enormous base special atack, so he can handle anyting left or just at the end of a battle.
The EV spread, well i decided to run spatk over speed in the normal set, because there arent so many things to outspeed with that bonus speed.

gengar.png

Gengar @ Choice scarf
Timid
252SpAtk 252Speed 4HP
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Trick

A choice specs gengar, i had to put him on tis team, just because i found i was weak against many psychic types pokemons, the only type i wasnt covering by then, so he was the best options, i decided to go with specs, because i just found out the strenght of this items, trick is to trick some pokemons, and an item switch will benefit me alot.
Shadow ball, as the main atack as an exelent STAB move, thunderbolt as coverage, focus blast is the same.
The EV spread is really obvious, to make him as fast as possible, and SP atks to make him stronger.

This was my team, comment, rate, anything, thnx.

Img credit goes to arkeis.com

Last edited:

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
Why don't some Pokemon not have 4 moves and why did you forget Infernape?

Last edited:

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Very nice team.
I had seen your other threads before, but now your team is really solid. Excellent work 5/5

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
ty.alot, im glad i finnally made a good team, thnx,
EDIT: edited the main post, now my gengar got schoice scarf overs specs, so hes a better revenge kiler??to gyarados, wich i realized that DDancing versions of him and salamence could put me donw totally, so thats y its changed.
Also, my thread is dying again, with no post about mistakes, thats y the team is there, to improve.

Curtains

Mass Destruction
Okay ima make some request.

Change the lead to a swampert. The reason is a infernape lead will have a deciding advantage at the start with your fortress.Swampert can easily get up stealth rocks and roar away the opponent before they can set up.

Swampert @ leftovers
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
relaxed nature

earthquake
ice beam
roar
stealth rocks

earthquake and ice beam give the best coverage while you get the rocks up and roar away pokemon like gyarados and ninjask before they sweep and baton pass respectively.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
maybe, but ive seen some infernape leads carry grass knot in theyre moves, so its still the same thing.
also, having swampert as a leadwont do much to help my team, of course it gets SR in the battlefield, but it cant accomplish forretress´main job, rapid spin, and put rocks, can only do 2 parts of my pokemon, so having a swampert would be a great disadvantage to my salamence, wich i like to take out an in repeatedly, wich i cant consiering SR damage, and LO recoil, as well as considering infernape´s weakness too, also having life orb, so i needed to make them less fragile, or at least endure multiple switch ins, and can do everything faster, this helps, because of the lack of move to set up.
Ex:
Salamence used Draco Meteor
Foe´s salemce fainted.
Foe sent out weavile.
Salamence come back, metagross GO!
Weavile used ice shard.
Metagross´HP goes down slowly, but stops after really small amount of damage.....blablablabla...
and the battle comes to a poit i have to send out salamence:
Salamence go!
If my foretress wasnt there to clean up the field, my salamence would have already had lost 1/2 of his HP due to SR, and like 1/4, due to life orb after 2 more atacks, then my salamence is weak to everyone capable of taking a hit from him, or outspeeding him.

Im deeply sry, but i must tell u, that i cant accept a foretress as a lead, counter in an easier way beat an infernape is no good reason to totally change how my team must battle. Im sry.

Bulldogs

Banned
Payback is usually better than Gyro Ball to damage Rotom who come in to block your spin. It does about 50% iirc.

I also think CB Scizor would be better in place of that Metagross, since it appears that Gross does nothing in particuaalr It would give you a more effective way of revenging, and t can trap the things that stop Ape from sweeping such as Latias, Starmie, etc. If you do this you should put HP Electric on Vappy to help your Gyara weakness.

Nice team bro, GL.

Last edited:

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
ty, im thinking of using hp electric, mostly over protect, but im still unsure about that, since i changed specs gengar to a scarfed one to outspeed a gyarados even after 1 ddance.
i think ill try scizor in there, might work better.
anyway its for wifi, so no rotom, but dusknoir and gengar are pretty common too, so ty.

I like Pikachu

Very solid team! For Vaporeon and Infernape, they're perfect! For Metagross, he's pretty good although I'd replace its leftovers for LO and follow this EV spread: 252 HP/236 Atk./12 Def./8 Spe. For Gengar, replace Trick for Explosion/HP Fire/Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb. For Salamence, replace Draco Meteor, Outrage, and Flamethrower for DD, Dragon Claw, and Fire Blast respectively.

I like Pikachu

A solid team! Infernape and Vaporeon are perfect! For Metagross and Gengar, they're pretty good! For Metagross, replace its Leftovers for a LO and follow this EV spread: 252 HP/236 Atk./12 Def./8 Spe. For Gengar, he's pretty good although I'd replace Trick for Sludge Bomb/Explosion/HP Fire. For Salamence, replace Draco Meteor, Outrage, and Flamethrower for DD, Dragon Claw, and Fire Blast. And follow this EV spread: 232 Atk./24 Sp.A/252 Spe. For
Forretress, it should have a Relaxed nature and follow this EV spread: 252 HP/112 Atk./144 Def. and BTW, what's Forretress's IV for Speed.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
Like said b4, i prefer accuracy over power, thats y flamethrower>fire blast on my salamence, also, hes not a dragon dancer, hes a mixed salamence, y would i follow the ev spread, his Sp Atk would be far too low to be helpful as a mixmence
on gengar, do u even know what your talking about!?!? HP fire!?!? sludge bomb is useless, and i prefered trick>explosion, since i can trick most guys who have to set up, like some scizors, or gyarados too, i can trick him with a ddance, and then he switch, and his atacks wont be that great.
In those, y would i change that, specify me that plz.

also foretress, i decided to run payback over gyro ball.

Edited.
I switched metagross for scizor, since hes much better, and will help me more.

Last edited:

I like Pikachu

Oh, sorry about that! I didn't know what you meant.