• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another What If Thread

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Everyone has their own Idea of what Might happen at the League. Well I was reading a Thread that asked about Pauls Rivals and what if the appeared at the league, But then I thought what if Ash's rival's appeared?

The Sinnoh League is supopose to be the Crown Jewel of the entire Region, where Ash beats Paul and shows him that Love and Trust win over power everytime, which would be great If he hadn't already Lost to him 3 times. I don't know about you guys but Ash beating Paul once is still bittersweet too me.

Now What I was thinking is to truely show Ash's strength and give us all a bit of closure, Why not have the Likes of Tyson, Harrison and Ritchie show Up?

( Flame Sheild Activated )

Think about it, The 3 guys who've whooped Ash the last 3 Leagues, What better way to show Ash is ready to beat his ultimate Rival other than beating his toughest rivals from other regions?

JunkWarrior

Yeah that would be cool if Richie came back. But i think they don't come back. Because before the league Satoshi would make new friends. Or we have some new characters at the league. But im for sure that we see Nando/Naoshi.

thunderblade12

That'd be nice if they were planning on having Ash win this league. He could defeat all of the trainers that he previously lost to.

Personally, I wish Jimmy, Soul, Brenden, Silver, Lucas, or someone else from the games would make a surprise appearence.

Ash might beat Paul badly, in a similar way that Paul beat him in DP132. I can see Ash sweeping Paul in the League honestly, that seems to be a recurring theme with Paul's character. He was swept by Brandon and Cynthia.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
That would be pretty cool, but Harrison & Ritchie didn't show up at the Hoenn League, so why have old rivals appear now? And plus, if the writers wanted them to be there, they would've given some sign at the end of the Hoenn League indicating Tyson coming to Sinnoh. Plus, why would they all just randomly appear in another league with Ash? I could understand Harrison coming, (because he's already visited the other 3 regions) but I highly doubt it.

Personally, I wish Jimmy, Soul, Brenden, Silver, Lucas, or someone else from the games would make a surprise appearence.

Agreed.

thunderblade12

If Soul or Leaf does appear hopefully they'll be a trainer rather than a coordinator.

They already made May, Marina, and Dawn coordinators.

Old rivals of Ash in the League? That would be cool. Plus, Paul would be able to meet the people who beat Ash in the past Leagues. There's a high chance this won't happen though. I mean, the League arcs usually have new people to befriend/make enemies with Ash, and that would be enough.

I would imagine the League to be REAL tougher for Ash if they did appear to compete. :p

Red Jr.

Banned
And plus, if the writers wanted them to be there, they would've given some sign at the end of the Hoenn League indicating Tyson coming to Sinnoh.

Well even if the writers didn't give a sign, I still think Ash would've have suspected Tyson to be in the Sinnoh League. I mean because at the Hoenn League, Ash was upset when he found out that Harrison wasn't in it. Plus, after the Silver Conference, didn't Harrison say he was going to the Indigo League next? So ya...

If Soul or Leaf does appear hopefully they'll be a trainer rather than a coordinator.

They already made May, Marina, and Dawn coordinators.

Marina is not a Coordinator. She is a Pokemon Idol. But it wasn't made clear what exactly is a pokemon idol and bulbapedia thinks she has achieved her goal cause she appears on TV and also on cover of Poketch. But your point is right. Dawn could have been a trainer like Ash but then who would be the coordinator in the team? Lucas can't be in the team. He already has a powerful team to take down powerful trainers like Brendon.

Captain Brain

If former league rivals show up I hope they do them right and have them face off after the early preliminaries. Also, just do the fact that the people you face off against are chosen at random (in show), I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one faced Paul. Let's face it, the odds of a single competitor facing off a string of rivals in a nice even row is slim, so giving one to Paul is more realistic to begin with. ;025;

totallylost

That one guy...
Ash might beat Paul badly, in a similar way that Paul beat him in DP132. I can see Ash sweeping Paul in the League honestly, that seems to be a recurring theme with Paul's character. He was swept by Brandon and Cynthia.

Of course Paul was swept by them! The best of the frontier brains and the Sinnoh champion? I'd be worried if they DIDN'T completely sweep him!

Anyway, it'd be cool. If that were the case, I wouldn't want Ash and Barry to fight, I'd want Paul and Barry to fight. Ash fighting Ritchie, Tyson, Harrison, Barry, possibly Nando AND Paul? It might get redundant after awhlie.

miu miu

thats a good idea, but if ash wins whats gonna happen next? If he already beat the sinnoh league what else could he do in sinnoh?

mockingjay

swift and lol
All the speculation that were done with Johto and Hoenn league before they happened and they are being speculated again now, are probably not going to happen.

I highly doubt any of Ash's rivals from previous leagues will show up. There's already Paul, Barry, Nando - assuming he gets enough badges - and there will most likely be another rival introduced who likes Ash, and then goes on to pwn him in the quarter-finals.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I wouldn't be surprised If Nando was only in the Grand festival and Ash has already beat Barry in 3 on 3 so a 6 on 6 this region would kinda be redudndant.

But my only reason for saying those 3 because at the very least Ash beating them would give us some proof that he's a good trainer and make up for the dozen of losess this arc

Though Even if not at the SL some sort of Non-Regional Tournement would be nice to see Ash take them on again

BlueVapor

If the writers want Ash to win this League, then yes, I'd love to see them return and for Ash to beat them all. But if the writers aren't planning on having him win, then there is really a point. But it would be really nice to see them return!

Gazdust

What if in the Sinnoh League Paul would loose before Ash got a chance to battle with him?? Then the rivalry could continue in the Johto BF and at the end of the arc the final battle between them could happen.

Well Ritchie won't lose to Paul that easily. By now he might have a Tyranitar, Swellow and Charizard. Aside from that he has got same experience as Paul.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
remember the only reason Ash lost to Ritchie is because Charizard didn't listen, so I would'nt be surprised if Ash could sweep Ritchie now, I mean he almost beat him when Pikachu was exhausted

And as for Harrison and Tyson I just think Ash got jipped, and I would like to see Tyson Meowth copy a Volt Tackle