• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anti-Arceus??

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I was thinking. You know that one law of physics that states, 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'? If that's true, and Arceus is like God, then wouldn't Nintendo design a satanic Pokemon? Just a thought.

Please close if this doesn't deserve recognition.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Nintendo has already recieved massive criticism from religious sects about evolution and whatnot. Do you really think that they're going to take their chances in making a demonically backgrounded pokemon?

And besides, think of the children.

Think of the children. I hear that line a lot. It was just a thought I decided to spread. Like I said, if this doesn't go anywhere, just ask someone to close.

Yeah, Giratina does strike me as a devilish thing. And the fact that it comes from a freakish reflection of our world doesn't help it's image any.

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
No it's Darkrai and Giratina together. Both are somewhat evil but there not the ultimate evil

Squaaah

Only if you see Arceus as God (capital G), which it is never reffered to as. If you look at the sources closer it resembles more of a smaller case god or diety, which is simply a power being held in the position of "god", like the Greek gods, who didnt have an opposing force.

The point is that for Arceus to have a satanic other, it would need to be good, but Arceus has not been stated as good. Infact from the plotline of the movie it sounds just like a regular (yet powerful) pokemon.

When I say it's god-like, in the fact that creates life and such, should there not be a more malevolently natured Pokemon that embodies *whispers* death?

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
On the other had many religions do not have a "devil"

Greek mythology, Hinduism, Buddhism, Druids, so just becouse there is a god dos not mean there a devil

Well, that's true. But, technically the Greek pantheon has Hades, god of the Underworld. Kinda demonic.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
On the other had many religions do not have a "devil"

Greek mythology, Hinduism, Buddhism, Druids, so just becouse there is a god dos not mean there a devil

No but there's always an entity of mischief or evil. I.e. Loki vs. Odin/thor.

Last edited:

Nikacho

"Oh, HER again."
There's been anti-Pokemon religious people from the start, but Arceus puts it on a whole new level.

I'm surprised the anime isn't banned yet.

Squaaah

When I say it's god-like, in the fact that creates life and such, should there not be a more malevolently natured Pokemon that embodies *whispers* death?

Its only the creator of life in its "legend" which the people of Sinnoh use to give it its godlike status. In the movie it stops a meteor but ends up badly injured, so I doubt it actually HAS the power to create entire life.

And to be fair, there technically already is a death pokemon sort of. You could argue Spiritomb represents the dead.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Its only the creator of life in its "legend" which the people of Sinnoh use to give it its godlike status. In the movie it stops a meteor but ends up badly injured, so I doubt it actually HAS the power to create entire life.

What if that's only it's vessel forme? What if arceus has a greater forme beyond organic? Anything organic is obviously going to get injured.

Good point there, shadowkami. Hadn't thunk o' that. It's true, maybe Arceus has some 'spirtual', or at least meta-physical, form.

ForeverFlame

Physics =/= God =/= Pokemon.

It's like in Yu-Gi-Oh. 4Kids, which is notorious for censoring the crap out of stuff, still kept OsirisSlifer, Obelisk and Ra as the "Egyptian Gods". As long as they don't state that Arceus is OUR God, there's no issue.

And Pokemon is already banned in some countries, btw.

EDIT: I hope SPPF bans all discussion of God and Arceus soon. It's getting really irritating. There's no proof that Arceus has a "spiritual forme", and there's no concrete evidence that it's the Pokemon God. The library and PokeDex entries say "IN MYTHOLOGY" or "IT IS SAID". They don't state that Arceus is the actual God - just a deity. The same thing with the movie. He's not God, just an ancient Pokemon who destroys a meteor.

Last edited:

Squaaah

What if that's only it's vessel forme? What if arceus has a greater forme beyond organic? Anything organic is obviously going to get injured.

That is a good point. However i'm still inclined to believe Arceus is nothing more then a powerful pokemon rather then a western Godlike creator. I find it difficult to believe that if it WAS God then it would let itself be captured, and also the fact that its only worshipped in Sinnoh makes me believe that its just a Sinnoh legend.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Good point there, shadowkami. Hadn't thunk o' that. It's true, maybe Arceus has some 'spirtual', or at least meta-physical, form.
Well it is highly possible. I have been thinking on the same line after seeing the 10th movie in which the Tower of Time & Space lits up in a golden light & takes the form of a giant golden bird & heals Palkia's damaged pearl near the end of the movie.
I have been from that moment thinking that it could be a new pokemon, but after reading your thoughts it is also possible that it could be the real form/spirtual form of Arceus (since it had the power to revert all the damage done by both Dialga & Palkia to the city {except returning it to its original dimension} and was also able to heal Palkia too & also we could see Palkia bending in front of the tower in a similar way how a Kinght bows down in from of his King).

Look, I'm not trying to start a religious cat/dogfight. I just think they should make some Anarkhos type thingie.

Status
Not open for further replies.