• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anti-Everything Team in Progress

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I'm trying to build a 6-man team that can handle more or less EVERY Legendary (and then some) my friend can throw at me. But for the sake of challenge, I won't be using Legendaries of my own. And for further challenge, I'm applying Battle Tower rules on my own team. As in, no duplicate items or Pokemon. And my friend will probably use Pokemon with glitched moves (Mew with Spore, for example) while I won't.

I currently have 6 candidates, but every one of them can be replaced for something that will have higher returns per cost/effort. Here are the candidates so far...

Absol @ Focus Sash
Adamant. EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Super Luck
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Pursuit
Psycho Cut

This thing can handle just about every Legendary my friend can throw at me, except Darkrai, Shaymin-Sky Forme, Rayquaza, and Suicune. Maybe even Ho-oh if he uses it at first. It also falls to his Weavile, Scizor, Dialga, and some of his Mews that pack Spore and/or Sacred Fire.

Salamence @ Choice Band
Jolly. EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Moxie (or soon it will be when BW2 comes out)
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Rock Slide

The main killer. Choice Band Outrage and Jolly nature will let this thing handle every single Dragon except the Latis and maybe Dialga. Earthquake handles Dialga and other Steel types, and the Light Ball carrying Pikachu (without being affected by Static), should my friend risk throwing that thing at me.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant. EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Sp. Def
Ability: Technician
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Swords Dance
Brick Break

Handles frail things (Darkrai, Mewtwo, Latis). Properly set up, this former mantis will make its targets pray for mercy. Except... Fire types. This thing is completely screwed against Mew.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Bold. EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def
Ability: Pressure
Protect
Will-o-wisp
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse

My answer to Suicune (as in, same role, not counter). Protect as much as possible to drain PP. Will-o-wisp things to halve their Atk, Calm Mind to boost Sp. Def and Sp. Atk, attack when possible with Dark Pulse.

Metagross @ Wide Lens
Adamant. EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Rock Slide

Hit Agility, start sweeping. Wide Lens boosts accuracy of Meteor Mash and Rock Slide, thereby reducing the odds of the game screwing me over by missing a move with 90 Accuracy 3 times in a row. Meteor Mash for primary offense. Earthquake for coverage, Rock Slide for additional coverage and not Stone Edge so I don't get screwed over by the 80 Accuracy.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest. EVs: 6 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Levitate
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Flamethrower

The only Generation V Pokemon in the set. Dragon Pulse for primary STAB, Earth Power for Steels that are firmly on the ground, Flamethrower for those that aren't. Dark Pulse for secondary STAB.

This team will end up facing 6 of the following:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Scizor, Raikou, Suicune, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Salamence, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Weavile, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin-Sky, etc.

Suggestions will be greatly helpful and appreciated.

Last edited:

chap196

For Scizor
Use Brick Break or Rock Smash instead of Aerial Ace since Brick Break or Rock Smash give a lot of coverages and Aerial Ace doesn't give much coverage. Brick Break have higher base power than Technician even if Rock Smash gain boost from Technician, but Rock Smash has 50% chance to lower your opponent Pokemon defense. Use Life Orb or Leftover instead of Liechi Berry since Scizor may be fainted before you can use Liechi Berry and Life Orb give gain Scizor Attack by 1.3 or Leftover to heal Scizor every turn.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I noticed a big... flaw, so to speak, with this set. Namely, there's only 1 special attacker. Sure, that thing's a monster, but two monsters are better than one. Right now, this set has 4 physical attackers, 1 special, and 1 wall. I think a 2:2:2 would have higher efficiency.