• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anti-Metagame Pokemon

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Scarf Latios. What a great revenge killer. You can switch it in to most attacks thanks to its phenomenal typing and ability, and then wreak havoc. To name a few things it outspeeds and counters, it easily takes care of Deoxys-S, virtually all dragons at +1 speed, Shell Smash Cloyster at +2 speed, Agiligross at +2, Scrafty at +2, Volcarona after Quiver Dance, the entire Scarfed metagame, and everything slower than the stuff I just mentioned. So, basically everything but Venusaur and Rock Polish Terrakion.

I usually give it Energy Ball for the surprise factor, and because a good Grass-type-user is hard to find these days. Only Ferrothorn and Virizion are used these days, and they can't do anything without setup. Plus, it makes Latios a great counter for Rotom-Ws that think they outspeed me, but don't. I also give it the amazing power of Draco Meteor, which, with STAB, still has 105 power even after the -2, so it by no means makes Latios set-up fodder.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Weavile. If used correctly, it can screw over at least 3/4 of the standard OU Pokemon. A Swords Dance set works wonders. Most people expect Weavile to be a Banded Pursuiter or Ice Sharder, so switch him into a Pokemon that fears Ice Shard (if they fear Pursuit, then they might not switch), SD while they switch, and proceed to massacre. Not even Gliscor can survive a +2 Ice Shard, even with max HP and Defense. The only problem would be priority, or being out sped.
I agree. +2 Weavile Ice Shard OHKOs Dnite through multiscale. Fun fact.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Scarf Latios is it really an Anti-metagame pokemon as Jirachi and Scizor and all steel types come in and say whats up.

I think Mixed attacking Metagross is a good Anti-game pokemon.

I always use it with Magnezone, anyway, so I don't really care. If I see a Scizor on team preview, I'll send Latios in only after Scizor is gone. Metagross, though, has a very limited amount of pokemon that it can deal with because of its slow speed. Infernape, Volcarona, and Earthquake abusers like Swampert really give it a hard time.

Dragon Dance Scrafty can be very threatening, it gets almost perfect coverage with Dark/Fighting/Ice, and with a few DDs he can kill steels with a Fight attack, Psychics with Crunch and walls like Gliscor or Dragons with Ice Punch.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Dragon Dance Scrafty can be very threatening, it gets almost perfect coverage with Dark/Fighting/Ice, and with a few DDs he can kill steels with a Fight attack, Psychics with Crunch and walls like Gliscor or Dragons with Ice Punch.
It's definitely threatening and one of my favorites. That being said, DD Scrafty definitely needs at least one turn to set up, and even then it's still slower than base 100s with max speed investment. If it can get two in though (with Moxie) it's lights out bar some scarfers. While Flying attacks are rare (even with Hurricane and Acrobatics this gen), Fighting is pretty common, and Mach Punch can be a problem. Skarmory, Jorachi, Metagross, and Bronzong also slow down the sweep.

Blayd

Grrrr!
Speaking of DDers, I find MixMence very hard to counter, because it hits pretty much everything and often carries a lum berry to prevent it from getting affected by statuses.

irock245

She wants it
^F.E.A.R. sucks. Period.

Vandslaux

BandNite. Pair that with Terrakion to remove Steels, and you'll rip through a large amount of a team no problem.