• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Antifa and Black Lives Matter vs. KKK and Neo Nazis:A battle of false equivalence

J 6

Banned
I assume you are referring to trumps "on many sides " speech " which was on response to the Charlottesville protests. You do realize that Antifa was there too, yes?

Last edited:

Pikachu52

That seems extremely disingenuous. If trump were to say nothing about it people would accuse him of condoning their violent outbursts, if he does address the issue he's using it as a scape goat . remember when he issued his official statement on the KKK? People on the left complained that he wasn't decisive enough, even though his message was pretty direct. this just goes to show that when the left says jump you will never be able to jump high Enough.

I think your minimising exactly what Trump did in his "on many sides" statement and the significance of it.

First, he was the only one to give such an underwhelming response. Most other politicians left, right and centre called the hate groups out directly.

Second, his failure to condemn the hate groups was seen by them as a tacit endorsement, which he again failed to address.

Third, his statement condemning the hate groups came two days after the fact, and he had to be persuaded by John Kelly to make it.

Fourth, he was so unhappy about making that second statement he walks it back in a third statement in which he defends people marching with the neo-nazis as potentially being "very fine people", talking about the "very, very violent ... alt-left" - An alt-right deflection talking point and ignoring the fact that it was a white supremacist protestor who committed the murder. Which again earned him praise from David Duke.

And all this exists in the broader context. He made racist comments on the campaign trail, he wouldn't disavow David Duke and he has since spent more time attacking the NFL and athletes than he did white supremacists or neo-nazis.

I assume you are referring to trumps "on many sides " speech " which was on response to the Charlottesville riots. You do realize that Antifa was there too, yes?

If so, so what.

The protestors who countered the Charlottesville "unite the right rally" were peaceful, and it was a white supremacist who murdered Heather Heyer by ramming their vehicle into a crowd.

And in any case the most of the right wing complaints about "antifa" are largely sensationalised

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I assume you are referring to trumps "on many sides " speech " which was on response to the Charlottesville protests. You do realize that Antifa was there too, yes?

They were the group there countering the Nazis while police were just fine with "Oh we'll just let them march and commit vehicular homicide", yes.

J 6

Banned
I don't agree with their reason for protesting on the first place but they have the right to protest. Antifa's presence there was not needed and only escalated it to that point. It's people who think like antifa do that this happened in the first place. Having said that yes the police should have stepped in to stop it sooner.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yes, the group advocating genocide by going through black neighborhoods weren't in the wrong here, it was the group protesting their ease in getting protection to do so. We should just let the people who want other groups of people dead and/or enslaved to have the upper hand in society.

J 6

Banned
That's what police are for. But as you pointed out they utterly failed In this regard

Edit: please don't tell me you actually buy the power plus prejudice paradigm

Last edited:

GosuHuk

Banned
I think your minimising exactly what Trump did in his "on many sides" statement and the significance of it.

First, he was the only one to give such an underwhelming response. Most other politicians left, right and centre called the hate groups out directly.

Second, his failure to condemn the hate groups was seen by them as a tacit endorsement, which he again failed to address.

Third, his statement condemning the hate groups came two days after the fact, and he had to be persuaded by John Kelly to make it.

Fourth, he was so unhappy about making that second statement he walks it back in a third statement in which he defends people marching with the neo-nazis as potentially being "very fine people", talking about the "very, very violent ... alt-left" - An alt-right deflection talking point and ignoring the fact that it was a white supremacist protestor who committed the murder. Which again earned him praise from David Duke.

And all this exists in the broader context. He made racist comments on the campaign trail, he wouldn't disavow David Duke and he has since spent more time attacking the NFL and athletes than he did white supremacists or neo-nazis.

If so, so what.

The protestors who countered the Charlottesville "unite the right rally" were peaceful, and it was a white supremacist who murdered Heather Heyer by ramming their vehicle into a crowd.

And in any case the most of the right wing complaints about "antifa" are largely sensationalised

you missed the point. antifa is not entirely innocent and violence on both their parts needs to be condemned

Mordent99

Banned
you missed the point. antifa is not entirely innocent and violence on both their parts needs to be condemned

Yeah, how many people have Antifa murdered?

Note to mods, it should be obvious that the guys you keep banning are the same guy.

Mordent99

Banned
The thing is, Chess-Z, if one makes such blatant criminal accusations in public, he'd best be prepared to back them up. There was a time when a false accusation of murder against a member of government was punishable by cutting the speaker's tongue out.

Indeed, if Mr. and Ms. Clinton were around four-hundred years ago and been members of the upper class of Britain, a false accusation of rape against Mr. Clinton by someone like Alex Jones would result in Al being flogged at best. Never mind what would become of him if he falsely accused Ms. Clinton of running a pedophile ring.

AkaJ6

Banned
Just replace marine mammal with people and sea lions with white people and it's fairly accurate. if this was a a thread justifying violent actions done by the KKK you'd all be losing your **** calling the op a racist

chess-z

campy vampire
Just replace marine mammal with people and sea lions with white people and it's fairly accurate. if this was a a thread justifying violent actions done by the KKK you'd all be losing your **** calling the op a racist

This barely registers as a sentence. Please explain yourself, if you aren't a sockpuppet.

Mordent99

Banned

Nope.

I'd be calling the OP a monster and a terrorist sympathizer who condones lynchings.

keepitsimple

site of lies

And reacting this way is a bad thing how? Why should anyone tolerate a thread attempting to justify the KKK?

What kind of argument are you even trying to make? :/

AkaJ6

Banned
And reacting this way is a bad thing how? Why should anyone tolerate a thread attempting to justify the KKK?

so condemn the kkk and white supremecist nationalists but the black are ok because theyr'e justified in their actions? don't you see any problem with that double standard? BLM is as bad as the kkk and should be dealt with just as harshly

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

If you think that Black Lives Matter and antifascists are the equivalent of the Klan, your brain moved out while you were asleep ten years ago.

Even if their acts were equivalent -- which they're not, especially as "antifa" is not a real group, but rather a shorthand for "antifascist," which is just a label that these people are, meaning that any violence they commit are acts taken by single people, usually in the heat of the moment -- there's this thing called time, which the Klan has been around for a lot more of than modern-day protesters. They've also had a lot of actual political influence.

Take your sealioning back to Tumblr circa 2011 where you can whine about how men have it ~so bad~ for toxic masculine culture being called out.

The argument, I'm assuming, is "why is it unacceptable for me to say the n word ):"

chess-z

campy vampire
so condemn the kkk and white supremecist nationalists but the black are ok because theyr'e justified in their actions? don't you see any problem with that double standard? BLM is as bad as the kkk and should be dealt with just as harshly

Oh my god he's actually sealioning us, dude holy ****. This is amazing.

check and mate

OH MY GOD.

AkaJ6

Banned
If you think that Black Lives Matter and antifascists are the equivalent of the Klan, your brain moved out while you were asleep ten years ago.

Even if their acts were equivalent -- which they're not, especially as "antifa" is not a real group, but rather a shorthand for "antifascist," which is just a label that these people are, meaning that any violence they commit are acts taken by single people, usually in the heat of the moment -- there's this thing called time, which the Klan has been around for a lot more of than modern-day protesters. They've also had a lot of actual political influence.

Take your sealioning back to Tumblr circa 2011 where you can whine about how men have it ~so bad~ for toxic masculine culture being called out.

The argument, I'm assuming, is "why is it unacceptable for me to say the n word ):"

your'e right and time has dimished what little power the KKK had left and rightfully so ive said this before but such extremeist groups as these should not exist i've given examplesof equivalents crimes haye have committed and given my reasoning already

chess-z

campy vampire
your'e right and time has dimished what little power the KKK had left and rightfully so ive said this before but such extremeist groups as these should not exist i've given examplesof equivalents crimes haye have committed and given my reasoning already

Sources, sealion.