• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Antifa and Black Lives Matter vs. KKK and Neo Nazis:A battle of false equivalence

chess-z

campy vampire
why bother? like i said i've already cited sources

Where? What sources? What world are you living in? Are you real?

chess-z

campy vampire
have you not been paying attention to posts being deleted? one of my earlier posts had about 5 links

Nah, my dude. I didn't see them, link them again, please. (Also why are you like this? Why do you keep on digging up more socks to throw at us?)

AkaJ6

Banned
Nah, my dude. I didn't see them, link them again, please. (Also why are you like this? Why do you keep on digging up more socks to throw at us?)

there's no point the post will just get deleted again. i'm actually interested in a fair playing field for debates i'm not going to type up a giant post addressing each point in one post just to have that one post be deleted by a moderator

chess-z

campy vampire
Briefly summarize your sources and the websites they came from. I'll try to address them before you get banned again.

EDIT: ninja banned, oh well.

Mordent99

Banned
so condemn the kkk and white supremecist nationalists but the black are ok because theyr'e justified in their actions? don't you see any problem with that double standard? BLM is as bad as the kkk and should be dealt with just as harshly

How many murders have Antifa and BLM committed.

(You got it, I refer to lynch mobs as murderers.)

check and mate

You clearly stink at chess. I'm still here, you lose.

Sketchie

literally some guy
I was talking to Chess yesterday, and I wanted to bring up what some have called the 1% Theory. Now, it's not an official theory to my knowledge, but hey. In a nutshell, the theory says that in a given group of people, there will always be a 1% of loud, obnoxious, and sometimes violent subgroup. A group of 500 people? Only about five of them will be the nutters, and in that case it's a bit more manageable and ignore-able. A group of 5,000,000? That's 50,000 people who might not have the best intentions. Bringing this back to BLM, yes, of course there will be that very loud 1% who yes, have been known to be violent. I can't find anything saying they've murdered anyone, though maybe I'm not trying enough. But there is still the 99% who are just trying to bring about a good cause (like, police officers not killing unarmed, teenaged black men, for example).

Granted, clearly the 1% Theory has its faults. Because 100% of the KKK, a group solely based on the hatred of people who have more melanin then they do, are completely crazy.

*leaves*

RoninAko

Banned
I was talking to Chess yesterday, and I wanted to bring up what some have called the 1% Theory. Now, it's not an official theory to my knowledge, but hey. In a nutshell, the theory says that in a given group of people, there will always be a 1% of loud, obnoxious, and sometimes violent subgroup. A group of 500 people? Only about five of them will be the nutters, and in that case it's a bit more manageable and ignore-able. A group of 5,000,000? That's 50,000 people who might not have the best intentions. Bringing this back to BLM, yes, of course there will be that very loud 1% who yes, have been known to be violent. I can't find anything saying they've murdered anyone, though maybe I'm not trying enough. But there is still the 99% who are just trying to bring about a good cause (like, police officers not killing unarmed, teenaged black men, for example).

Granted, clearly the 1% Theory has its faults. Because 100% of the KKK, a group solely based on the hatred of people who have more melanin then they do, are completely crazy.

*leaves*[/QUOTEt
i addressed something like this earlier but if it's such a small percentage of the group it should be a simple matter for the 99% to ostracize that 1% and blm could publicly denounce what their doing but they haven't so their actions are reflective of the whole of the group . they can't do that though because it's a much larger portion than that

Last edited:

chess-z

campy vampire
Since you're going to be banned anyway, sources please?

EDIT: Aww, Socky, you didn't have to get banned so quickly.

Are we going to close this topic? Not a lot of debating has been going on.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
It's not much of a debatable topic...

I don't think I need sources to say that BLM does ostracize those who are overly violent, sort of like how I don't think I need sources to say that polite society ostracizes murderers.

chess-z

campy vampire
It's not much of a debatable topic...

I don't think I need sources to say that BLM does ostracize those who are overly violent, sort of like how I don't think I need sources to say that polite society ostracizes murderers.

Anything is debatable if you ignore facts.

Atmsk

Banned
the closest thing i have seen to this is the blm twitter denounces one or two acts of violence but actions speak louder than words, don'tthey? if they actively separate themselves from these typs of people why are there still violent outbursts and these people saying bigoted things ? BLM is CREATING these types extremists an must take responsibility

Mordent99

Banned
the closest thing i have seen to this is the blm twitter denounces one or two acts of violence but actions speak louder than words, don'tthey? if they actively separate themselves from these typs of people why are there still violent outbursts and these people saying bigoted things ? BLM is CREATING these types extremists an must take responsibility

Lord, how many alt accounts do you have?

chess-z

campy vampire

An organization without a centralized leadership cannot uniformly decry extremists, dipshit.

Atmsk

Banned
that shows how out of control this movement has gotten that the people who created it can't even control it anymore

Sketchie

literally some guy
An organization without a centralized leadership cannot uniformly decry extremists, dipshit.

Exactly. BLM and Antifa are not actually organized organizations, there is no higherup who can denounce. (Unlike the KKK, which is totally organized and still despicable.)

EDIT: When the people created it, it was not created as an organization, but rather a protest slogan.

chess-z

campy vampire
that shows how out of control this movement has gotten that the people who created it can't even control it anymore

You really are dense, not to mention moving the goalpost. Sources, Socky.

Atmsk

Banned
You really are dense, not to mention moving the goalpost. Sources, Socky.

how is it moving the goalpost? it's been my stance from the very first post that members of blm should take individual responsibility for what they're doing