• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any body still playing these games?

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Soulsilver was my first game, but unfortunately, I didn't get it until Black and White had been out for a little while, so I couldn't find a new copy. No Pokewalker for me......... I still love it to death, though. It was also the only main series Pokemon game (that I could get) that I could stand playing until Pokemon X and Y came out. I bought Platinum, and almost played through it, but I couldn't beat Bertha because I had no water types. I restarted the game. Second time around, it went by s o s l o w. I couldn't make it past the first gym leader before I got bored. When I got Black version, I couldn't even make it to the first gym before I got bored.

So yeah, Soulsilver has a very special place in my heart.

I have just started a new game in Soul Silver. I am trying to make a team that resembles the anime more. That means less Pokémon and less evolutions. I think my eventual line up will be:
- Totodile
- Charmeleon
- Crobat
- Heracross
- Aipom
- Mareep

any comments?

Skygge

I just started a nuzlocke in Platinum!

I hadn't played them in a while, mostly I had just transferred my pokémon onto the newer versions.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Hell yeah! I just resumed my file from February this year and I've hit level thirty all around. It's a really good play, but I'm starting to get tired of it. The twenty seconds it takes to KO a guy irritates me, but gimme a week or so and I'll be back on it. (dammit I NEED PLATINUM!!)

Sure do. Played through HeartGold 3x since I got it on release day 2010, and SoulSilver 2x since Christmas 2010.

Sinnoh: Still have my original save file from 2008 on Diamond and I used that file to catch a Giratina to send over to Pokemon X. I still play my save file on Platinum from Spring 2009 on a regular basis.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I started over on HeartGold and currently having fun with it. Playing it when I can't play FFXIV. My current team is in my sig. :p
But I haven't really played them much since the Wifi doesn't work with them anymore.

Feline

Why?
Well I went to my old Pearl file about a month ago, and it was pure nostalgia. All I really do since I have a lot of traded Pokémon is see if I win at the lotto at Jubilife City. I have so many PP ups (around 50 of them) from that lol. But I think I found a Pokémon that might win me some contests. Sock the Chikorita (I have no idea why his name is Sock) has won a normal cool contest one time. I think if I feed him enough poffins or whatever they're called, we can go big. BAM!

If I ever get the motivation to do it that is. -_-;

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Of course I do. Gen 2 was my favorite, so when they remade it I was stoke. I just really enjoy the whole Jhoto thing.

I haven't played around in Diamond, Platinum, or SoulSilver in years - the last two I plan to leave alone, since I managed to do pretty well in the Battle Frontier and I'm not sure if I could do that again. I don't re-visit those games often, but I don't plan on ever erasing the save files either.

I did a Pearl Nuzlocke earlier this year that ended in failure (thanks to Cynthia) and I'm currently working my way through the post-game in a HeartGold Nuzlocke. Even though they're relatively "old"/"dated"-looking now, HGSS had some really nice touches that give them a unique charm even now. Your walking Pokémon is an obvious example, but I also love the emphasis on sounds: footsteps on every surface, creaking floorboards, turbines spinning above, waves crashing, whirlpools swirling, fountains bubbling, etc. Maybe I'm just mis-remembering, but it seems like those environmental sounds are more prominent than in previous or more recent Gens.

SilverRayquaza

Shiny Hunter
My top 3 most re-played games:

1. Pokémon Explorers of Time/Sky
2. Pokémon Heartgold
3. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
I have the new 3ds XL so i have this terrible pet peeve against playing normal DS games on it because the pixels look stretched and it doesn't even take up all the screen. In that way, i'm spoiled. But Diamond/Plat/HG will forever have a place in my heart. I'm even considering buying a used copy of Diamond so i can replay it for the good old days. I severely hope they remake sinnoh some day..
Heartgold my story is weird. I lost my first copy when i was a kid and had to buy a used one so i was very upset, especially since i had major compulsive problems with playing a game someone else had played/used/tampered with and that it wasn't officially mine. I also have that problem with books...
Anyways i bought a new copy and i've probably played through those games maybe 6 times. Still my all time favorites. Heartgold man.. best of times. It's impossible to say which is your favorite, but if i was forced to pick my favorite pokemon game it would be Heartgold or Omega Ruby. both remakes. huh..
Sorry, i sort of went off on a tangent there. I'm toying with the idea of replaying HG now, and maybe making my girlfriend play SS for the experience.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
3 days ago, I started up my Diamond. Since about 2 years ago, I have all but 2 Pokemon (Mew and Latias). But with the Wifi shut down, I don't think I'll ever complete the Pokedex. However, I have yet to accomplish stuff at the Battle Tower and I could take on Contests. I would also like to get as much completion of the game as possible, for example obtaining all the Decorations for Underground Base, obtain all the Accessories for Contests, any items I've missed, stuff like that. Not sure if I'll get to it, since I've been wanting to do a 100% completion on FFVI Advanced. Plus there's anime I have to get to, and things to fix, and only 3 weeks of vacations left. I should divide my free time each week for games, anime, movies and projects....

Bananarama

The light is coming
I don't think I'll ever stop playing these games, as long as I still like Pokémon. I think that every game/generation has something to offer, including the gen 4 games. I'll still play mostly out of nostalgia and/or inertia at this point, or to shiny hunt.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I don't think I'll ever stop playing these games, as long as I still like Pokémon.
This describes me as well. I can always find something to do on these (and most other) Pokemon games no matter what. My main Platinum file has its play time maxed out and I've done so much on it, but there are still other things I'd like to do on it. I just finished catching the Regis on it, for example.

I will also continue to play the Gen 4 (and Gen 3) games for a long time because I have so many happy memories from the Gen 3/4 era.

Shadow XD001

I recently started up a new file on Platinum and HeartGold. Been enjoying the games immensely. I originally was not a big fan of HGSS but I'm starting to get over that. The games introduced many new features.

Psychic

Really and truly
HG/SS remain some of favourite Pokemon games. I've had a save file in SS since I got it in 2010, and I'm still going back and capturing female Pokemon in Johto Pokeballs for breeding in gen 6, and using my many evolutionary items to get some rare-ish 'mons. I also realized today that I'm fairly close to completing the Pokedex in SS, so I may restart Platinum so as to get the remaining Pokemon from there. :>

~Psychic

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I'm playing my US HeartGold again now.^^

How is that going?

I picked up my Japanese Diamond yesterday and it was pretty awesome. The pace is.... well slower then gen 6. But it has a certain charm to it. Tho I cannot read anything +_+