• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any body still playing these games?

DjVero

I still play Diamond occasionally, but only for training. Last year December I completed the pokedex with the exception of the event type pokemon unfortunately.

dockreally

I found used copies of Platinum and Heart Gold for $12 a piece at a used game shop. So as soon as I can find a spare 80 hours in my schedule, I will be playing the heck out of these games.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm in the midst of playing Heart Gold now

Leonhart

Imagineer
I still play Diamond occasionally, but only for training. Last year December I completed the pokedex with the exception of the event type pokemon unfortunately.

I was attempting to complete my Zukan (Pokedex) is SoulSilver a few weeks ago, until I realized that without Wi-Fi, I can't attain several Legendaries that are exclusive to D/P. It's such a disappointing feeling.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I restarted HG a week ago so I'm playing it now, though I didn't realize just how bad the leveling curve was. My whole team is struggling to level up.

TheDarkrai

Magic Bounce Espeon!
I really regret not buying so many more DS games in Japan. At the Book-Off second hand stores (which are EVERYWHERE) Diamond or Pearl were only 200 yen while Pt or HGSS were 500. I can't believe not buying more. Not ideal if you're someone who doesn't read Japanese though. Similar deals on GBA games, while 3DS were more around 2000-3000. Look at the conversion rates to your own currency and be amazed.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Finished my Platinum replay recently, what a wonderful game it still is (had 20x more fun with it than Sun if I'm being honest)

Looking to replay HeartGold (and BW2) soon, when time frees up a bit

gentwoer

I'm actually about to play Platinum for the first time after I finish my play through of Pokemon Black (just got my 8th badge) this will be my first time playing a main series 4th gen game. I went with Platinum because apparently that's the way to go.

Manchee

extra toasty
I wish that I still played these games. I loved both Diamond and Platinum, but now trying to go back, the games just feel too slow for me. Both them and HG/SS, I can never finish another run through of any of them. I'm super hoping for a remake at some point so I can continue to play them, Sinnoh is really underrated in my opinion and I think a lot of people could fall in love with it again, more so than the originals. Diamond was my first game where I logged an incredible amount of hours without ever restarting, but unfortunately I don't think I've even opened it up in a few years.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really regret not buying so many more DS games in Japan. At the Book-Off second hand stores (which are EVERYWHERE) Diamond or Pearl were only 200 yen while Pt or HGSS were 500. I can't believe not buying more. Not ideal if you're someone who doesn't read Japanese though. Similar deals on GBA games, while 3DS were more around 2000-3000. Look at the conversion rates to your own currency and be amazed.

I have Diamond version and SoulSilver version in Japanese, which I'm currently playing for nostalgia's sake. I regret not buying Platinum version in Japanese, however. I had pre-ordered it back in 2008, but I had to cancel my order.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I just beat cynthia in platinum. EASILY the hardest champion to beat. Now I'm heading to the resort area to my villa :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I just beat cynthia in platinum. EASILY the hardest champion to beat. Now I'm heading to the resort area to my villa :)

I faced her a few days ago while on my money earning spree in Platinum version, and she was harder to take down than I remembered. It was mainly her Milokaross (Milotic) that ticked me off.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
I'm currently playing Diamond to play through the game (Mostly got inspired by the Diamond/Pearl & Platinum Manga and it made me realise how much I missed Dawn), and currently waiting on Platinum to come through so I can explore that game for the first time (Never bothered to get it the first time round).

Right now - Currently trying to get an Onix and it;s kicking my ass. Not to mention my Shinx keeps acting like its eating a berry but it's only holding Quick Claw. Is that something I've never noticed before? Hopefully I'll capture it soon then I can get go against the Gym.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I don't really play these anymore, but I wish I did because I had a lot of fun with them. I had so much fun that the game cards started to wear out, with Diamond and Pearl being the hardest for me to get working again. Blowing on the games makes them work again, but that is usually not recommended.
I would be willing to play them again if I got new copies, but I always think they're overpriced at used game stores (I don't shop for games online). In my opinion, if you have tons of copies for sale, the Wi-Fi features are all discontinued, and your HeartGold/SoulSilver copies don't have Pokewalkers, they should not be the same price they were when they were new (or higher in some cases).

reedcollins

ReginaRegina
I haven't played the games in a while, I'm mostly playing USUM and ASOR right now, but if I can find my old platinum game i'd definitely play it some more. Like Jirachi100 said, there are a lot of reasons to almost not play the older games anymore. Sinnoh was one of my favorite regions and I think out of most of the old games it's one that I would find myself still playing.

Scrungo

Dont be sad, be rad!
ive put so much time into Gen4, its one of my favorites! HG was my first game, and idk if this is biased nostalgia, but dang it was great. then i got platinum, and loved it too. i actually just replayed through HG and PT a while back, and beat them about a week ago, and sure enough i still loved them. i also have an R4, so i was able to get the event distribution pokemon, so completing my dex was way easier (sinnoh dex at least, i dont think i could EVER do the national dex xD)

MockingJ

Banned
I play Diamond and Soul Silver every few weeks to finish my Dexes and to shiny hunt. I think the Gen 4 games still have so many cool features to mess with.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Anybody who has a 3DS and an old 4th gen game, hell yeah!

That is me, currently on my second play through of platinum for the year and Sinnoh is really growing on me. Ordered a new copy of Soul Silver playing that next.

Gen IV really doesn’t try too hard. It’s simpke and the mapping is excellent for both games giving you plenty of territory to explore. Also gym leader rematches and Battle frontier make the games immortal.

Ariki

Yes! Mostly just to fill up my Pokedex on Pokemon Bank though. Most of the time I’m at Pal Park transferring Pokemon from Gen 3 games into HeartGold. I never finished Platinum - I really should. I’ve finished Diamond though.