• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any body still playing these games?

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I've recently played through my English Platinum and my German Platinum - and I was reminded of why I thought Platinum was one of the best Pokemon games in the franchise. Literally everything that was wrong in D/P were fixed or improved, and the cutscene where Giratina drags Cyrus to the Distortion World is still chilling to this day.

Ninja Bulbasaur

Yeah, I'm trying to beat Pearl again but it's taking so long because of the excessive level grinding. I'm at the area where you gotta get through Mt Coronet and I'm just not feeling it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been trying to find Pokemon Diamond or Pearl for a good price. It seems like most places are selling it for $40+ dollars. I've been wanting to play the Gen 4 games again. I'm going to Disk Traders this week. I want to see if they have the game. They probably do, but I imagine it's the same price as Sun and Moon. Heck, if I could even find Platinum that would be cool. I did have Pokemon Diamond, but I lost my copy somewhere when I moved.....

Devlin2004

giratina guy
Yeah. I play these games all the time now. I am hoping to get black/white two soon so i can move my pokemon to my sun/moon!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just bought a copy of Platinum version that didn't cost over 40 dollars. I'm pretty happy about that. So I'll be playing through Gen 4 again for the first time since 2008. I'm excited.

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
Diamond and Pearl are too slow to get through now, and I can't find Platinum. I'll play it ASAP.

ToonsJazzLover

I played this game a few times, but it was from someone's else, who brought it at release date.

Almost 10 years, as I'm very behind in Pokemon, I finally own a gen 4 game.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I plan on restarting my pearl when i get my new ds lite XD

I look forward to using lucario and a bunch of cute pokemon on my team XD

Cat's Eye Draco

Well, seeing as I don't own a 3DS they're pretty much the only games I can play, so yeah, I still play them quite a bit. And for the most part I find them to be every bit as fun now as they were when I first got them. :)

Last edited:

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I still have my Pearl, Platinum, Diamond and SoulSilver, all of which I bought when they were new. Despite the slow pace, I love the games, and they introduce a whole host of great Pokémon. The Pokeathlon and the ability to rematch leaders was a godsend, and I loved every second of the games, Pearl being my first.

It's surprising how expensive they are now. The other day I saw a copy of SoulSilver for £52!

thexuberant1

I plan on completing the pokedex in Pearl and Platinum soon. Also, I still train my team and try to beat the Battle Frontier Brains in Platinum.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've been playing through my Diamond again. It's been pretty fun and it's reminding me of all sorts of memories from playing Diamond/Pearl when they first came out.
Also, since I've played Platinum more than DP in recent years, it's helping me remember the differences/changes between DP & Pt.

Shayuin

Banned
I'm playing both Diamond and Platinum since I'm trying to finish the Dex, which is so much harder without Wi-Fi trading. Why did Nintendo cancel that?

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
I restarted soul silver last night. It's been a long time, though. I absolutely love platinum and will probably restart that soon. I know a lot of people dislike it, but gen 4 is my absolute favorite.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
While I love the Sinnoh region and adore HGSS, I haven't gone back to them in a few years. Maybe I'm just impatient, but the speed of the games (especially the battles) has become a turnoff for me. Gen V's battle interface spoiled me too much. Seriously, it's so fast and fluid!

Daizy

I call you honey
I play Platinum and HG each week since I'm Shiny hunting in both games, but I don't bother playing Diamond and Pearl anymore. They're boring.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I played Platinum so much my cartridge eventually fell apart. Yeah.

Suffice to say, that's my most favorite game, but even so, I hardly play it nowadays. Since BW, I turned into a very slow player, leveling up every new pokémon I get and ignoring older gen's pokémon. As such, I still haven't completed Sun and Moon. That doesn't mean that I don't play other Pokémon Games. I replay Red and Crystal every so often, because I can get around quite fast in those. And even still, in those games which are pretty much classics, I often get to a point where my interest just drops (In Red, it's often times after defeating Surge, and in Crystal it's often after defeating Morty).

I often wonder how that will be if/when I revisit Sinnoh. I want to, I really want to. But I need to find a working Platinum first - one that doesn't get corrupted every five restarts or so.