1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

any coincidences in pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by porygon69, Oct 30, 2009.

1. chrombot

chrombot The Steel Hearted

I spent hours looking for a feebas in pokemon ruby. Doing every single tile, it felt like. I finally find my feebas tile, with a male feebas, I catch it, but want to try again for a female feebas. I pull up another male feebas, but it's shiny. I've had this shiny milotic for some time now.
    I felt pretty lucky that day, so I bought a lotto ticket too, didn't win that though.

2. Kim62

Kim62 The avatars suck.

One time I was trying to catch a Dratini in firered and I was down to my last safari ball and I caught it.

3. LegendaryGarchomp

LegendaryGarchomp Well-Known Member

Ha I can beat that, I got 3 shinies in the same hour. Rhyhorn (Safari Zone) spearow (Right outside the Safari Zone in that patch of grass below the gate of the Bike Path) and slugma. Sucks that I named Rhyhorn and Slugma Shinyon1 and Shinytwo2 and accidently sent them over to Pearl without fixing their names. *Slams head on keyboard*

4. Pandafish

Pandafish meow?

When i was about 6 i wondered to myself why are the same pokemon the same color its impossible to tell them apart? just then i found a shiny shroomish. guess they arent was my first thought

5. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Same here but it was Saphire version, in the Safari Zone!

6. STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA Well-Known Member

I was trying to catch a Beldum in Pokemon Platinum. I had 1 more chance b4 it used take down and fainted. I was lucky!

7. Ekaru

Ekaru Active Member

So I was playing Pokemon Leaf Green and going through the Viridian Forest, doing a female-only playthrough. I wanted a Pikachu.

After some wandering around, a Pikachu appeared. It was female. If it wasn't female, I would have KO'd it.

Then I don't really care about catching it, so I hit it with a strong move (can't remember what). It survived.

So, I threw a ball. If it escaped, I would have KO'd it since that was how I was feeling. I caught it.

So I raised it some. I then noticed a while later that it was shiny. So, I had a shiny female Pikachu caught in the Viridian Forest.

On another note, I was using Numel in Pokemon Emerald earlier, in the desert against Sandshrew and Sandslash. They used Sand Attack or had some ability, I don't know. I was using Magnitude. What was the coincidence?

If I got a low number, oh sure, it would hit. But if I got a number of 7 or higher? Oh, it wouldn't hit, that would be too nice. It missed.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Needless to say, I was very, very annoyed. One time I got lucky and a Magnitude 10 hit a Sandslash. It barely survived, and I had probability fun again. I was level 31 (it was an accident with the day care, and I'm picky, so all my Pokemon were that high), it was like level 22. GRRRRRRR, I think the game doesn't like me.

8. ARCEUS£^

ARCEUS£^ Spain fc ROCK

Wild shiny cyndaquil

9. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

That kind of thing happens to me all the time, both in and out of Pokémon. I think it happened once when I was trying to find a Gengar in my Diamond game with the Dongle method.

10. squlicky4

squlicky4 Well-Known Member

this is the same with me it really annoys me

11. Shiny Bashamo

Shiny Bashamo Isn't it cute ^^

You do know it is impossible without a cheatdevice to catch a wild cyndaquil right?

anyway, I was playing a Ash playthrough in Crystal, so I only used pokémon that Ash had in his team. I was looking for a Noctowl when a Shiny Noctowl showed up =D So I caught it and used it in my team :3

12. PinkPantsMan

PinkPantsMan Well-Known Member

I wonder why my only shiny pokemon happened in de gold/silver games and all of you find 10000s of em D:

13. Totokip

Totokip Black Triangle

one time my cousin was shiny hunting in emerald and i was searching for bagons,he said i shoudn't waist my time with that and go search for shinies like him, and then a bagon appears,boy like i wanted and shiny! WingYoshi still lives on too...

14. omg. never seen a shiny in pokemon ever! Im so annoyed :l

15. Visual

Visual Nine one six ~

Wow. This reminds me of my hunt for the rare Heracross in Platinum. I spent many days checking on Honey Trees to find Heracross but the same not-Heracross Pokemons kept showing up instead, so I decided to migrate the Heracross I caught in FR to Platinum. I still haven't encounter any Heracross from Honey Trees in Platinum, though...but I did find a Heracross in my Diamond a very long time ago but I wasn't planning to use a Heracross back then, so I just kept it in the PC Box.

16. cocoa_adele

cocoa_adele Well-Known Member

Two shinys in platinum without any pokeradar and within >30 Hours of Gameplay

17. sinnedinho

sinnedinho Well-Known Member

I really wanted a shiny on Sapphire, because it looks like a lot of people are lucky in finding them. After spending some days on going through tall grass, fishing etc, nothing happened.

But the first tile I fished in was a Feebas tile.

18. ArcanineOod

ArcanineOod Peace, perfect peace

So, one day I was on the internet randomly looking at Shiny Pokemon sprites. I caught sight of Shiny Roserade and fell in love with it.

A few months later, I was heading to the dude next to Pal Park's house in Platinum so I could get a Focus Band or something like that, and POOF! a Shiny Roselia appears! My favourite Shiny!
    I managed to catch it, thankfully, and now it sits in my PC. I'll use it someday, I'm sure. ^_^

xX

19. SapphireGeno

SapphireGeno Silver forever <3

I was thinking, "I'll never get a shiny..."
    I was wrong. Got a shiny Remoraid in Diamond.

20. Terry. T.

Terry. T. One and Only...

Kinda one...
    When I went to Route 229, I wondered why the Ace Trainer Female with Kirlia hadn't evolved it. Same with the guy next to her and Dusclops. You get it. Jirachi parody? And proably nice sort-out! LOL!