1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Any Companion You'd Like As Main Character Again?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by DatsRight, Aug 11, 2018.

1. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Grinning Shorty is the most adorable

IIRC the primary reason May didn't return in XY to promote ORAS was because her VA was retired. People in Japan are very sensitive regarding VAs of main characters as we all know.

Dream Lad and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Where's the KISS concert at?"

If you mean her 4Kids VA Veronica Taylor...

Nope! She actually has had some of the most popular roles as Fire Emblem's Micaiah and Dragon Ball Super's Ribrianne.

3. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

we are talking about her Japanese voice actress Midori Kawana a.k.a Kaori .....

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Where's the KISS concert at?"

Retired, then. For like 7 years now.

345ash-greninja likes this.
  5. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

I did like ORAS's short anime version of Hauka....they could use her ...sadly they wont

janejane6178 likes this.
  6. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

Cilan for sure. I really thought he was very entertaining and I do like how he incorporates food talk into most of the things he does. As a little bonus it would be nice to know why he's scared of Purrloin so much since we never got an answer to that.

7. MusicFan22

MusicFan22 Active Member

None, actually. I wouldn’t mind them popping up every now and then.

Leonhart likes this.
  8. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

I have never seen a source for KAORI. retiring from voice acting; it is customary for Japanese performers to announce it, as seen with Tomo Sakurai (Cynthia's voice actress). But even for a retired voice actor/actress, they'll usually feel obligated to reprise a big role of theirs even if they are officially not taking on work.

I have never seen a source claiming KAORI. had illness, either. That is commonly assumed from a long absence of work without announcing anything. The biggest clue is that KAORI. was not selected to sing for Ever17's remake, even though she was all over the original soundtrack. Like with voice acting roles, prominent singers are not replaced for remakes or continuations of game works.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I do think that character comebacks or even just cameos should happen more frequently. One of the main arguments that I've read against that happening is that old characters lack relevance now, but since Kasumi and Takeshi came back twice in the SM saga, I don't think that applies anymore.

MusicFan22 and KenzeyEevee like this.