• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any Companion You'd Like As Main Character Again?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Either Misty or May for the female companion

Tracey for the male companion, why? So he can get a 2nd chance, I mean come on he wasn't a bad character the audience just never gave him a chance.

although if they ever make Ash travel with just one companion then I'll take either Misty or May like I stated before

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Now the Zoruagible mentioned it, it is rather strange that Mallow is the only female without a Z Ring. Talk about being left out. Even Soph got better episodes than her. Poster girl needs a character arc.
You mean Z-Crystal since Lillie doesn’t have a Z-Ring at the moment. :p

On the topic probably Sophocles since he doesn’t have any goal to work towards and I would like to see that remedied.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You mean Z-Crystal since Lillie doesn’t have a Z-Ring at the moment. :p

On the topic probably Sophocles since he doesn’t have any goal to work towards and I would like to see that remedied.
He wants to go to outer space as revealed in the Alola Sandshrew episode iirc.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh whoops, not just the females? That's all I saw being mentioned so I got misled after awhile.

I'd be fine with any of the males coming back apart from Clemont. He's just so boring and doesn't have a goal outside of his gym, pointless to come back. He never even had funny moments like Brock, Cilan, and Kiawe do.
I wouldn't want Soph around full time either actually, Kiawe would be fine.
But Brock or Cilan's return would be much more appreciated

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Iris because she wasn't handled well the first time so has the most room for improvement.

I would love for her to come back with a team of all 4 Dragons and Emolga and Excadrill, and she should at least have Fraxure. Then, she should compete in tournaments against other Dragon Masters, and/or Dragon Busters who use not only Ice but Fairy. She should compete in some sort of region-ending tournament at the end.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
My choice of companions are dawn, serena, brock, cilan and iris. Dawn and brock because they are 2 best travelling companions and serena, cilan and iris because they were companions for less amount of time and deserve more.

Slapstick-Olivia

I personally, would love to see Ash traveling with Dawn, Iris and Clemont or Sophocles again. I think this four would make a really interesting group dynamic and very character interactions, because all of them are very different from each other: Ash is the naive hero, Dawn the sweet, spunky girl, Iris the wild tomboy and Clemont/Sophocles the shy nerd. I think 4 characters would be the maximum of characters.

An alternative character team up for me could also be: Ash, Kiawe (as Ash's friendly rival and also acts as the most mature one), Misty (as... well I'm not 100% how her character is now... she was always the most inconsistent character of them all: tomboy, princess, damsel in distress, tsundere, alpha woman, nice girl etc.), I personally would pick a more tomboyish personality for her and maybe also turn her into an action girl that is ready to kick some butts and for my last choice I would pick also either Clemont or Sophocles.

Last edited:

NanoMoltres

I'd personally like to see Brock make a return, being the companion that Ash has traveled the most with his absence from Best Wishes onwards was definitely felt. I'd also be down with Tracey making a comeback and Dawn too.

Though what would be really cool is if we could get another spin-off series in the same vein of Pokemon Chronicles that could show us what everyone has been up to since parting paths with Ash.

D

Deleted member 384931

In all honestly, if SM will end. I dont see anyone of the male SM cast returm. I feel like that Kiawe doesnt have a goal. Soph can easily stay in Alola. I dont hope they wont go to Hoenn or Johto.

DatsRight

Our Bro Brock. Or Misty.

In fact, make Brock the main character.

I'd only advise Brock if they actually did something with him this time round to refresh his character back to his Kanto glory. If they kept the less formulaic situations from SM, perhaps they could take notes from what they've done with Lillie and Kiawe and make Brock a more integral 'smart guy' of the group that offers strategies and info to go hand in hand with Ash's battling and physical prowess. It does feel like something that would fit him.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'd only advise Brock if they actually did something with him this time round to refresh his character back to his Kanto glory. If they kept the less formulaic situations from SM, perhaps they could take notes from what they've done with Lillie and Kiawe and make Brock a more integral 'smart guy' of the group that offers strategies and info to go hand in hand with Ash's battling and physical prowess. It does feel like something that would fit him.
I only say Brock because at least his goal to learn about taking care of Pokemon has zero chances of failure and that would help him discover the world. The perfect audience surrogate meeting up with next primary protagonists in each region.

That could work for Ash, but alas, he's into leagues he likes losing in with a very vague goal with no clear explanation whatsoever.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Misty and Iris, so that the writers can expand on the Type Master concepts. Maybe we can finally find out how trainers become an Elite 4 members.

D

Deleted member 384931

Serena: To interact with the girls and Clemont to talk with Solph and Kiawe

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Brock,May,Max or Dawn for me.

Aquafinna

Serena. She wasn’t boring exactly but she was the most boring of the PokeGirls that lead up to her. Why did she keep Ash’s rag for so long and not just throw it away? What was the point of keeping it to give it to him eventually? How did she even remember that far back? What special qualities of Ash did she enjoy besides his “never give up attitude”? Most people enjoy several qualities of their crushes but I never felt like that was explored. Why was her lack of battling skills ever addressed instead of just throwing it under the rug? Like Lillie, they could of slowly showed her developing her battle skills instead of making a running gag of her magically getting stronger with OP moves despite never finishing a battle. I don’t hate her character, I just wished they explored more than Crush——>Haircut——>Showcases. We got little moments of the show showing her overbearing mother but besides that and that small development during the MC arc (displaying how she learned to never give up and why she enjoys preforming) I wish we got to see more.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Serena. She wasn’t boring exactly but she was the most boring of the PokeGirls that lead up to her. Why did she keep Ash’s rag for so long and not just throw it away? What was the point of keeping it to give it to him eventually? How did she even remember that far back? What special qualities of Ash did she enjoy besides his “never give up attitude”? Most people enjoy several qualities of their crushes but I never felt like that was explored. Why was her lack of battling skills ever addressed instead of just throwing it under the rug? Like Lillie, they could of slowly showed her developing her battle skills instead of making a running gag of her magically getting stronger with OP moves despite never finishing a battle. I don’t hate her character, I just wished they explored more than Crush——>Haircut——>Showcases. We got little moments of the show showing her overbearing mother but besides that and that small development during the MC arc (displaying how she learned to never give up and why she enjoys preforming) I wish we got to see more.

Even with Lillie and the other girls it feels like they're treading VERY gingerly on them not being battle experienced, with them only given EXTREMELY safeguarded or completely one sided battles. I feel like since XY they've been wincing about making the girls and their cute Pokemon get roughed up besides when it's absolutely necessary for the story, just the idea of them being a 'loser' in terms of battling isn't something they want to touch upon, nearly every companion has to be at least superficially badass, just in the less battle/TR heavy SM it hasn't come to the same incredulous level it did with Serena's ridiculous winning streak of jobbers that apparently made her on Ash's level by the end of the series. But XY was action focused, so I suppose it would have been out of place otherwise.

Serena would likely benefit from the newer far less formulaic storytelling, not to mention Ash being WAY more expressive and able to bounce off of the rest of the cast as of this series. The only thing I worry about is that it still feels a bit gentle steps with the girls. Lillie sticks out for being the only SM female that's really allowed to get it rough that often, being as free game to take part in the slapstick and silly antics as the boys and actually allowed to lose (without excuses) and improve at things, which plays part in her gaining some character agency. The other girls aren't so free game so spend a lot of episodes in the background not really contributing or having more formulaic limelight stories. If they were willing to at least put Serena on Lillie's level she might get a good dose more characterisation, but if she's as bubble wrapped as she was in XY she'd likely be even more of a buzzkill.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Serena. She wasn’t boring exactly but she was the most boring of the PokeGirls that lead up to her. Why did she keep Ash’s rag for so long and not just throw it away? What was the point of keeping it to give it to him eventually? How did she even remember that far back?

Only logic I have is that she was a social outcast and had no friends till she met that reckless loser boy at the camp who so conveniently had a rag.