• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any Episode You Ever Cried At?

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
A long time ago I remember tearing up when we are briefly lead to believe that Ash's Bulbasaur dies. Remember that episode where it shows Bulbasaur saving that Oddish from that falling bolder at Oak's lab, by pushing it out of the way? Then we see Ash waking up from a nap and then staring off into the sky thinking of Bulbasaur? I think it was just before or after the start of Jhoto Journies.

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
I cried when Ash released his Butterfree and in one other episoed which I can't remember. I was touched by how they played the Pokemon theme as it flew away. Yes, I'm a freak.

I also cried when the original trio parted ways before the Hoenn region.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Ignoring my urge to berate all the overly-sensitive posters in this thread, I have to ask how anyone could've cried during "Pikachu's Goodbye." You knew he wasn't going to be written out of the show.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
The only episode I sorta cried was the Pikachu's Goodbye.

I *almost* cried when I saw this episode when I was like 12 or 13. I got all teary eyed. This was also before I began hating Pikachu.

And here I was, thinking that respectable members wouldn't sink as low as insulting/breating someone crying over a Pokémon episode... guess not even the "great" members are anything worth it.

Oh well. For this thread, yes I have. In old and modern times. Sad good-byes and emotive reunions get to me every time, regardless of the "maturity" of the show. But I should take care. I'll get a mob of random 'tards mocking me over the Internet if I write that I'm a sensitive guy that isn't afraid of crying. Whatever happened to respect... :)

NiGHtsBeta09

Pokemon Master
Oh, Lord! Don't remind me! I cried SOOOOO MUCH the first time I watched Bye Bye Butterfree!! My mom would definitely remember that. I was crying on her shoulder while she kept saying, "Don't worry! I'm sure Butterfree will come back someday!" Turns out he never did T^T

. . . Butterfree . . . <:C

That be awesome if he actually did come back in a later episode! PS) If he did (I doubt it), I wouldn't know... I have basic Antennae TV. Can't watch the new ones (or any actually (missed some later Hoenn ones, too)). I miss the show.

OH! By the way, I've been looking here and there, and can anyone tell me where I can get all the Pokemon Seasons and Movies available so far? I wanna have my own home marathon (spanning weeks probably!)!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Kojima

^ Super Cooooooool ^
The mirage movie. The mew went away, that's what made me cry.

Munchlax66

Bye Bye. Butterfree. Not only was it a sad moment but also I was going through hard times contributed and the combined caused me to tear up.

vhanix

Grass grower!
I just felt sad on "Bye, Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye"... it's just very surprising after things Ash have done for them, then he decided to let them go, especially for Butterfree but Pikachu didn't....

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I cried when Ash lost to Ritchie in the first season, and then Ritchie went and lost too. This eventually led to me hating both Ritchie and Charizard.

Pikachu's Goodbye made me feel like crying... why couldn't Ash just leave that ****ing rat in the forest to get eaten by a mountain lion or something? Ugh.

st_elmo

Oh, Lord! Don't remind me! I cried SOOOOO MUCH the first time I watched Bye Bye Butterfree!! My mom would definitely remember that. I was crying on her shoulder while she kept saying, "Don't worry! I'm sure Butterfree will come back someday!" Turns out he never did T^T

. . . Butterfree . . . <:C

That be awesome if he actually did come back in a later episode! PS) If he did (I doubt it), I wouldn't know... I have basic Antennae TV. Can't watch the new ones (or any actually (missed some later Hoenn ones, too)). I miss the show.

OH! By the way, I've been looking here and there, and can anyone tell me where I can get all the Pokemon Seasons and Movies available so far? I wanna have my own home marathon (spanning weeks probably!)!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

BitTorrent will get you entire seasons, and single episodes streams can be googled provided you know the exact title and number, which you should be able to get off this site, or bulbapedia. Usually the results will also have other episodes on the same site. In a veritable orgy of nostalgia, I replayed the original Red game and watched the old episodes... then I got rehooked, got diamond and now I'm posting at a freakin' pokemon forum. Honestly though, except for the occaisional sentimental episode, rare moments of humour and brock's romantic tragedies, the show isn't that great and is rather repetitive. It would be 10x better if they stopped having Team Rocket in every episode, or let the bad guys win for a change... but then again it's a kids show.

I'm betting that if they took the entire first season, cut it down to only the first few episodes + charmander the stray + bye bye butterfree, throw in a gym battle or two, have team rocket appear ONCE and make 'em kill off bulbasaur or squirtle for dramatic effect, make become charizard obedient after a sentimental epiphany triggered by the death of his comrade (possibly make it his fault too) + dramatic climax where charizard avenges aforementioned dead ally to the strains of "Tears After Cloudy Weather" + mandatory moment of reflection as Ash walks off to face the Elite Four... condense this all into 2 hours and you might have a decent movie in your hands.