• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any games that you regret buying?

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
The Force Unleashed.
So many glitches.
I got stuck a billion and a half times
Ended up glitching on half the levels and getting stuck in the wall or underground.
Short story.
But it was fun, none the less. I should have rented it.

Sonic Riders and most of the VideoGame Character racing games.
Mario kart was good though.

Nidogod

Blue Dragon. When it was released I was hungry for a JRPG, pickings were slim, and despite shaky reviews I couldn't let the Toriyama art style and Final Fantasy creator aspects go to waste. God, what a boring game. If it was released in 1992 it would've been considered outdated.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Can't think of any off the top of my head, really. Most of the time I make sure to know what I'm getting into, either through good reviews, favorable past experience with a series, renting the game first, or gameplay footage.

Probably the one I've regretted the most at any given time (i.e. when I first got it, not now) would have to be Kirby's Dream Course. I was a moron back then and got it because it had an isometric appearance similar to Mario RPG, which was pretty much my favorite game at the time. I didn't even bother to read the back of the damn box, I just got it based on the screenshots. So, because of all of my naïveté, I wasn't exactly expecting a golf game. It's still a rather fine game, though; I no longer regret the purchase.

Yeah. Can't think of any others.

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
Crash Bandicoot: Huge Adventure, Spyro: Season of Ice, and this one sports game are pretty much the only games I end up regretting.
Horrible, horrible games IMO.

Emo_Kirlia

I forgot about The Sims Deluxe Edition. It didn't have much stuff on it and found it boring. But when I got The Sims Complete Collection I played it non-stop. I'm still a big Sims 2 Fan. Worth the $40 I(by 'I' I mean my dad :p)payed for it.

I still forgot to add this litte Tamagotchi tree microphone game I got. you were supposed to give your Tamagotchi a command like "Time to dance!" or "Use the toilette" and you could teach it a "Check email" command but It's way too hard. It's a shame because I wanted to see a cute little Mametchi check my email every day :(

Last edited:
PBR was a pretty big disappointment. Oh yes, and I really hated Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I'm sure there are plenty others too.

Sonic and The Dark Brotherhood and Sonic Unleashed. I had such high hopes for both, for different reasons, but making them makes me want to set my Wii/DS on fire and throw if off a cliff with a time bomb attached to that would explode the second before it hit the bottom, then forcibly hit myself in the head several times with a baseball bat until I reach the point of amnesia to rid myself of the memories of playing the game.

Slick

Banned
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Don't get me wrong, this game is great, but I just don't understand the story. I'm not sure what's going on or anything. I should've bought the first 2 MP's before this. I intend to get the Wii remakes. Maybe it'll be better after I play those.
And I probably could get it cheaper nowadays. There's another disappointment. T_T

Dattebayo

Banned
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, I didn't know it was going to be this hard for me to beat this game easily, and I'm playing it on normal mode.

Animal Crossing Wild World - Couldn't get into it
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess - broken game play imo ><
Sonic and the Secret Rings - just horrible.

Midnight Club: LA. Truly awful game. I bought it thinking it was going to be like the awesome Burnout Paradise. I was sadly mistaken. Bought it at work in the second week of release for £16, played it a few times, got immensely frustrated with it, and left it 'til last week when I got £18 trade in for it. Win.

Fenix

Tremulant
Battlefield 2142: great game, but needs a bit more singleplayer stuff. i understand thatt the entire series was made with multiplayer in mind, but so was SWBattlefront, Quake 2, Spore, and many RTSs, namely StarCraft and Dawn of War
ilu.
Final Fantasy III DS.

No, no, just because I don't play it, it's a great game!
You just avoided a lot of frustration by doing that, believe me.

As for myself, I regret buying:

- all of the NFS games after Most Wanted
- Age of Empires 3
- Shadowrun
- El Matador
- Fantasy Wars (it's not bad actually, but the difficulty is unreal)
- UT2k3
- Resident Evil 4 (PC VERSION, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT)
- Worms 3D, Worms Forts, Worms 4, pretty much all the 3Dimensional Worms
- FIFA games
- Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

there's probably more, but I can't remember/can't be arsed to list them all.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
PBR- Too easy and not enough content.

Breath of Fire II (VC)- I sold my GBA port, and I thought this would be just as good, but I hate the translation.

Harvest Moon (VC)- Too complicated/hard.

Pokemon Ranch- I don't really have a use for it.

Agreed. Trozei is great fun! I restarted my Jap. copy the other day. That's the 4th time now!

On topic, another regrettable purchase was 'Pain' off the Playstation Network. Terribly difficult game...

ares43

I Am Legend
Need For Speed: ProStreet is one game i didn't like AT ALL. You see, i bought Carbon and loved it. So i went and got Pro Street and it was terrible. No storyline, weak cars, and to top it off, racing went public.