• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any games that you regret buying?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
That first Yoshi game on the DS. I think it was Yoshi Touch and Go.

I didn't really feel the energy of playing that game. During the same Christmas break, I went and traded it at Gamestop. (I actually bought it with a Target Giftcard, and so on.)

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Final Fantasy III DS.

I had fun with FF 1,2, and 5. I thought this would be great.

I was wrong.

What I got was a horrendous game with a stale plot, horrible graphics, mediocre music, a horrible leveling up system, a horrible enemy system (due to graphical limitations, the number of enemies you can fight at once has been limited. So they were all powered up. But did they bother to power you up? Nope.), a horrible boss system (The enemies were powered up, so the bosses were too. Combine that with being able to hit twice per turn, and you get some dead Light Warriors), a HORRIBLE save system (There are no save points. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that IF YOU DIE EVEN ONCE, YOU HAVE TO START OUTSIDE THE ****ING DUNGEON. And if enemies get one sneak attack on you, you die. Just like that.)

That, and it has the worst final dungeon ever.

Alright, you managed to slog through the game by grinding before every boss. So now what? Now you go through an incredibly long dungeon and wait through an incredibly long cutscene. Now you have to battle a boss. Now you have to get your butt kicked. Now you have to sit through another cut scene. Now you have to fight 4 bosses straight, and 4 clones of the boss you just beat to get Ribbons to nullify one of the final boss's moves. Now you have to get to the final boss running from everything you see. Now you have to deal with a boss that attacks three times per turn, can cast Haste, Protect, Cure, and has moves that can kill you in one hit. Great.

Oh, and did I mention something? You can't use Shurikens very well on this boss. Seems Square got the idea to change it from equipping Shurikens (Allowing you to use 2 per turn, at 9999 damage each), to just throwing the Shuriken. One a turn. And now it doesn't even always hit and do a certified 9999.

God.

Drifty

Swablu Swabbler
This dinosaur game for the DS... It was so cheap, yet so Engrishy and based on luck.

Basically, you have a rectangle-ish field, and your truck rides around the side of it. At any time, you can leave the side and try to create rectangular shapes in the field to clear it, and you can excavate fossils to use. You have to get 80% of the field cleared. Now, why is this a problem? There are enemies on the field, and they can kill you if they bump into you or the line behind you. Not too bad, but then there's the boss with insanely broken attacks. One boss can shoot in all direction, which is so annoying. Plus, it's supposed to be a dinosaur game, so why are these enemies and bosses mutant butterflies and giant frogs?!

And the 'combat' system with the dinosaurs was just plain ugh. D: Good thing this game was cheap.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Pokemon Ranger: It was boring. The storyline was pretty bland. Their was limited things to do in the game.

The only reason I got it was for the Manaphy egg really...

Nintendogs.
That's pretty much it.
xD
I'm very particular about the games I buy.
But really, having owned (and currently owning) dogs, its...pathetic and almost unrealistic.
Of course, Dogs give you unconditional love.
But they're not all fit, active, playing machines. My two previous dogs were so lazy its not even funny, but I loved them to bits.
They're not all good show dogs, either.

That's...pretty much why I didn't like it. xD I'm such a bore. D:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, I didn't know it was going to be this hard for me to beat this game easily, and I'm playing it on normal mode.
ihu. Srsly.

Superman64. I, seriously, own this game and I try to commit suicide EVERY time I play it,with it's broken controls and repetative gameplay. Go though rings, pick up cars, go though more BLOODY GODDAMN RINGS and pick up MORE BLOODY GODDAMN CARS!

Last edited:

Fenix

Tremulant
Carbon is probably the best Need for Speed Game out their

Please tell me you never played NFS II, Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed, Underground and Most Wanted. Because Carbon is like a joke compared to those. I'm not saying it's a bad game, actually, I believe Carbon was the last tolerable NFS game, but it still was pretty boring/short/easy and the actors were horrible.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Go though rings, pick up cars, go though rings BLOODY GODDAMN RINGS and pick up MORE BLOODY GODDAMN CARS!

Don't forget about how Superman was always timed in his powers!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Need for Speed Underground
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2004
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations - not that it was bad, but short enough for a rent or a borrow
Grand Theft Auto IV - I got this in June and STILL haven't been able to get into it. Every time I try I get bored or frustrated. Here's hoping one day I pick it up again and complete it.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Nintendogs.
That's pretty much it.
xD
I'm very particular about the games I buy.
But really, having owned (and currently owning) dogs, its...pathetic and almost unrealistic.
Of course, Dogs give you unconditional love.
But they're not all fit, active, playing machines. My two previous dogs were so lazy its not even funny, but I loved them to bits.
They're not all good show dogs, either.

That's...pretty much why I didn't like it. xD I'm such a bore. D:

Agreed. Even though it was pretty fun, owning a dog isn't that easy/fun. They didn't program the dog pissing all over the floor or chewing up stuff that isn't one of their toys.

Pokémon Battle Revolution.
This game was a total joke.
Just battling and battling. No story, no minigames like in Stadium just nothing.

Gizmo Duck

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Should have just given it the Gun Survivor title and been done with it.

Halo 3 - I didn't really like the first two. Why did I think I'd like this one?

NPC

sleep researcher
Few games come to mind...

I certainly regret buying Mega Man: Network Transmission for the GCN, back when I was trying to get into the ever-expanding Battle Network series and managed to do it through the worst entry of them all.

Aside from that, I can't think of anything at the moment. Usually when a game disappoints me I lose little or no money because I didn't buy it.

Halo 3. Trying to reignite my youth. Halo 1 and 2 are the games I knew inside out out when I was younger. Now i'm 19, I can see the series got alot worse after 1, and three is just god awful.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
Band of brothers Double time(Wii) Graphics suck and no WiFi for it, and it's a story based no free play.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Falsebound Kingdom (GC)

Oh, well **** you then.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, I didn't know it was going to be this hard for me to beat this game easily, and I'm playing it on normal mode.

Thats what you get for buying the damn game just because it has Marth in it. Retard.

Only game I've ever truly regretted buying was DBZ:BT3 for the Wii. The only reason that DBZ:BT2 was good on the Wii was the controls. And what would be the only thing that got nuked to hell and back in the sequel? THE CONTROLS. I didn't even bother unlocking any of the 100+ characters, I took that piece of **** back to GameStop and got my money back.

Last edited:

redpanda

I was severely disappointed with Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World. Ugh, it was awful! It was like someone made a repetitive fighting game out of a crappy soap opera! What made it worse is that I was really excited for it because the original Tales of Symphonia was so good. Huge disappointment.