• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any games that you regret buying?

zipzap713

@Peteyism

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Let's see:

- Yoshi Touch & Go
Quite possibly one of the worst games ever. I was hoping for something more like what Yoshi's Island DS turned out to be. It just ended up being a stupid arcade game.

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
I don't remember how or why I bought it, but I never really got into it. Another stupid game.

- Sonic Unleashed (Wii version)
Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But when I bought it I didn't realize how different the 360 version was. I had watched trailers for pretty much the whole game.... for the 360 version. You can imagine my disappointment by the end of the game. They just took too much out of the Wii version it's virtually unenjoyable. And to think those idiot reviewers gave the Wii version a higher score...

-Sonic Rush Adventure
Didn't seem to improve much on the first one. The levels are too generic and uninteresting (the excitement of these sort of levels has died out), the water ski racing is rigged, and the extra missions are ridiculously hard (40 tricks in 30 seconds? You've got to be kidding me!)

That's about it.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Someone who agrees with me that "Finding Nemo" for the gamecube sucked. I knew it wasn't just me ;)

It's a movie game. What did you expect?

Honestly Rondo of Swords is just challenging, not unfair. You just need to get better at it.
Whatever. Such a shame I sold it within the first week of buying it.

Chris

Old Coot
Not fair. There are plenty of good games based off of movies.

A proper reply would be "It's Finding Nemo. The hell were you expecting it to be? Game of the Year?"

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Stuart Little 2 on the PS1 was great and Goldeneye 007 got game OF THE FRIGGAN YEAR on the N64.

Stop assuming that all movie games are like E.T.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
E.T.
shaq fu

those were in the past, nowadays i'm pretty dissapointed with the bourne supremicy, (or something like that) for the PS3, i bought it for 45 euro's and it didn't took long untill the price was reduced to half.

Zazie

So 1991
I regret buying Pokemon Diamond a little bit because I bought it when I didn't have a DS and by the time I got one Platinum (which is considerably better in every way then D/P) was announced. Of course I still really love the game and still will play it even after I get platinum.
Tony Hawks Project 8 because I already have a lot of Tony Hawk games and I particularly didn't like this one.
Though technically not a game I regret Buying a Gamecube because I could have gotten a Ps1 and a Dreamcast for half the price instead.

Cobalt_Latios

I regret buying Pokemon Diamond a little bit because I bought it when I didn't have a DS and by the time I got one Platinum (which is considerably better in every way then D/P) was announced. Of course I still really love the game and still will play it even after I get platinum.
That's understandable... granted, many people usually tend to have more than one of the versions anyways.

Though technically not a game I regret Buying a Gamecube because I could have gotten a Ps1 and a Dreamcast for half the price instead.
Now you're just pushing it to terms I don't even want to discuss.

*C_L*

sonic the hedgehog (the new one) it was 3 bucks in the bargain bin and ive regretted it ever since

NBA ballers chosen one (i dont even remember why i got it).

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Another set I remember:
I regret re-buying the entire Ratchet and Clank Series for the PS2. I waste of money, since I've already bought and sold them twice. Shouldn't of even sold them in the first place. Of course, I don't regret the games since I love them, I just regret the fact I've bought them over and over.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Not fair. There are plenty of good games based off of movies.
Yeah, occasionally there are some good movie games, but the vast majority are utter garbage.
King Kong and Hulk '05 spring to mind.
Once again, King Kong is a shining gem in a pile of trash. Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is a game unrelated to the '03 movie, and the '03 movie had a game that was, unsurprisingly garbage.
Stop assuming that all movie games are like E.T.
When 95% of them are, it's really not that big of a deal when people do.
There, I think we're fine now.

No, we're not. Just because a small amount of movie games aren't horrible, doesn't mean you can assume they are all even playable. What about the Golden Compasses, the Wayne's Worlds, the Batman Forevers and the Superman Returns'es out there? They all undeniably suck, and come from multiple platforms, and even genres as far as I'm aware. Just because one game breaks the mold does not mean that the mold is not there.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
This might come as a shock, but I hated Space Channel 5. The button reconition was unresponsive, and the gameplay dated (as of 2007.)
Also, I tend to be unresponsive to RTS, Silent Hill-esque, Final Fantasy 8, Warhawk on PS1, and more games too numerous for listing right now.

NPC

sleep researcher
Clamps said:
No, we're not. Just because a small amount of movie games aren't horrible, doesn't mean you can assume they are all even playable. What about the Golden Compasses, the Wayne's Worlds, the Batman Forevers and the Superman Returns'es out there? They all undeniably suck, and come from multiple platforms, and even genres as far as I'm aware. Just because one game breaks the mold does not mean that the mold is not there.

... I was agreeing with you. Most games based on movies are bad.