• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any games that you regret buying?

Cobalt_Latios

I was severely disappointed with Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World. Ugh, it was awful! It was like someone made a repetitive fighting game out of a crappy soap opera! What made it worse is that I was really excited for it because the original Tales of Symphonia was so good. Huge disappointment.
It's not like the first one was any different... though, the second one is a bit shorter.

*C_L*

A horribly crappy game called Corvette Evolution GT.

I will not hesitate to say EVERYTHING about this game sucked. The cars controlled like bricks, and THE REWARDS FOR WINNING A RACE WERE BETTER HANDLING. The cars themselves looked lumpy and misshapen, and nothing at ALL like their real counterparts. Call me a "graphics whoar" here, but shouldn't modern racing games based on real cars have SOME degree of realism?

The tracks were awful, and driving in the "rain" was borderline impossible. The only original thing the game had (as far as I know) was a feature called the Tiger Effect. You held Triangle, and the race would rewind until a gauge ran out, and you would be placed back where you were. Think of it as "BACK UP, REWIND, DO-OVER!" for racing. Unfortunately, even THAT sucked. If you crash, and then use the skill, you still crash, because you will be at the same speed as you were before the crash, the brakes are nonexistent, and the awful controls don't even give you a CHANCE to manoeuvre out of it. That, and the Tiger Effect didn't take you back very far anyway.

Needless to say, I didn't give this game any more than an hour, which, quite frankly, is MUCH MORE than this pile of shi t deserved.

It was $10, and I still feel it was quite the rip.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
-Lego Indiana Jones Wii.
I didn't actually bought it, but I had the option of another game. Anyways, the game wasn't that bad, but it just didn't have much in it.

-Gamecube.
I bought it in 06 cause I loved Super Mario Strikers, which I also reget buying. I had no idea the Wii was on its way so yeah.

-Super Mario Strikers
See above.

-Digimon World Dawn
Got bored an found out the mechanics suck.

-The Simpsons Game
Too short. I don't know why I have it

Rondo Sword (or something like that): One of the hardest games I've ever played. No matter what you did, some unit of yours would die.

Tales of Symphonia 2: I was sad that many of the voice actors from the first game didn't return for this. I was also sad that there was no Skit Archive-thing at the Katz Village (after beating the game) as well as the short and confusing plot... Still, I like it :/

Soul Caliber Legends: Hard controls, harder bosses... the only good thing was that Lloyd (ToS) appeared in it :/

NPC

sleep researcher
Cobalt_Latios said:
It's not like the first one was any different... though, the second one is a bit shorter.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. The original was much better.

Sapphire Phoenix said:
Rondo Sword (or something like that): One of the hardest games I've ever played. No matter what you did, some unit of yours would die.

Honestly Rondo of Swords is just challenging, not unfair. You just need to get better at it.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Superman64. I, seriously, own this game and I try to commit suicide EVERY time I play it,with it's broken controls and repetative gamepla. Go though rings, pick up cars, go though rings BLOODY GODDAMN RINGS and pick up MORE BLOODY GODDAMN CARS!

Jesus Christ, I can't believe I overlooked that one. I have to agree with you, too freaking repetitive and the controls are all...blegh...Superman looks like he has cerebral palsy when he punches at people, and speeding up? Not a very significant improvement from normal walking. God, I could go on about this game.

Xhizors

Banned
I really regretted buying The Prince of Persia on PlayStation2 a couple years ago. I was really dissapointed just because it's very difficult. But anyway I suck at all video games especially this one and HALO, but I think I'm *cough*very*cough* good at pokemon.

Last edited:

Sporky

Endless Ocean. The story lasted five minutes, and it was really boring.

Pokemon Battle Revolution. It's just battling, which I could have done on my DS, but in 3D. I hardly ever play it.

Sonic Heroes. Sonic just fails now. He used to be good but now he's boring.

I really regretting buying The Prince of Persia on PlayStation2 a couple years ago. I was really dissapointed just because it's very difficult. But anyway I suck at all video games especially this one and HALO, but I think I'm *cough*very*cough* good at pokemon.
I LOVE that game! :D I found the fights hard to begin with but I got better at it. :3

woot21

super noob
A game for the SNES called Zoop! not that it isn't enjoyable, it is just one of the strangest puzzlers I've ever played.

Also, Star Wars Bounty Hunter. I wasn't thinking when I bought it. My thought process was along the lines of "Game where I play as Jango Fett, coolest Star Wars character ever. Star Wars has a huge universe. Star Wars bounty hunter in a huge universe. Sandbox style gameplay is a must for that." Man was I wrong.

woot21 out dawgs

Chris

Old Coot
I regret buying Pokemon Diamond..Too hard with all those pokemon to catch and collect from numerous other games... Emerald better.
Translation: I suck at playing the new Pokeymans games.

I regret buying Persona 3. Mainly because I found a new copy of Persona 3 FES for $8.98 at Circuit City.

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
Too many, so Ill mention the latest one:Wall-e
Bad gameplay, and passed it in 1 hour

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
I totally regret buying my Nintendog game,way tooo boring.
Same thing over and over again........

Cobalt_Latios

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. The original was much better.
Meh, I didn't play it, just watched someone else play it. Same thing with the first one. Though, I'll admit that the comedy in the second one is pretty damn sweet.

I regret buying Persona 3. Mainly because I found a new copy of Persona 3 FES for $8.98 at Circuit City.
1)FES? ...First Edition Series?
2)$8.98?!?!?! You and your lucky discount places... I'm lucky to find a $10 game that's actually not shovelware.

*C_L*

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
Finding Nemo for the gamecube and some race car game (something like "Offroad racing" or something...)

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
I regret buying two early Wiiware games- specifically TV Show King and Defend Your Castle. I ended up not really enjoying them, and I deleted them after a week, so they wouldn't take up my console's blocks of memory. That was, like, 1500 Wii Points down the drain. :/

Nothing else I regret ATM, though.

Chris

Old Coot
1)FES? ...First Edition Series?
2)$8.98?!?!?! You and your lucky discount places... I'm lucky to find a $10 game that's actually not shovelware.

*C_L*
FES is just the second version of Persona 3 with additional stuff. Think of it in terms of like the third version of each Pokemon generation.

And yeah, it was $8.98 since Circuit City's going out of business.