• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any good raters left here?

Probably. The rest of your information puts me at ease. RD Kingdra can pose a threat to your team but not a huge one. Sets up easy as hell on Starmie and can probably force you to switch on Dragonite (Fire Blast does lol damage). But I know how well Tar works at shutting those sets down so it's not a huge worry but I'd be a bit more cautious.

Rain teams are damn annoying, but once Kingdra and / or Ludicolo are dead Lucario, Starmie or Gliscor can usually pick them apart. Tyranitar is 3HKOed by either pokemon's Surf and most high ranking players don't play Rain (those that do generally suck at it, with a few exceptions)

It's more awkward that you spelt it wrong.

Whats more awkward is the #1 search result for that word: http://www.awkwardboners.com/

It's good to see you have a lot of standard sets you use in like all your teams. As usual this one is rock solid and is more based on the player's skill with said sets.

Thank you. I really need to make a fully new team, but I have the attention span of a rodent and always end up distracted halfway through and wind up on Facebook or drawing stuff.

Gamefreak

I wouldn't worry about the rain weakness. I honestly don't know anyone good who uses Rain Dance anymore. Heck, I don't even use Rain Dance much anymore because I feel it is inferior.

You should be fine against Rain Dance since you can outpredict and pivot stall them. You also have Tyranitar, Starmie, and Metagross which can blow up after surviving a Surf. Lucario rips apart the entire team after Kabutops is down, you just have to count the Rain Dance turns, send in Lucario when the rain ends, and just get a Swords Dance on something like a Bronzong and rip Rain apart.

Rhys29

Encore
I really need to make a fully new team, but I have the attention span of a rodent and always end up distracted halfway through and wind up on Facebook or drawing stuff.
Joo say make new team? I'm hella rusty but hit me up.

Agreeing with the whole RD topic. Though Lucario is OHKO'd by any LO RD sweeper so don't count on it too much.

If I can get around Kingdra and Ludicolo not much will stop Lucario that Rain commonly carries, or even Starmie's +1 Surf. I'd be lying if I said Rain never gives me trouble, but its not as big a worry as Sub Gengar or something more common.

As for the new team I was thinking something along the lines of a Taunt Roost LO Aerodactyl since it wrecks the metagame practically on its own.

pkmtrainer

Seems like it´s a good RMT.
I´m just posting here because I dont like your gliscor´s spread. In my opinion, it´s quite bad. Why? because you need to spend a lot of evs in Speed to get a 50% of winning a pointless speed tie. Just by flipping a coin, you will outspeeding other gliscors; this idea doesnt works in my mind. If you ever have the situation of outspeeding them, what will you do? Taunt? it just have 75 % of chances of happening (because of Sand Veil is actived in SS). Toxic? it has even less accuracy (75 x . 75 = 56.25); it may fail. While the other Gliscor will probably do the same. It´s just unworthy; that´s why I suggest you to run the standard spread for Gliscor (252 hp/216 spe/ 40def) because the 40 evs can do a difference whether to be killed or not by other physical sweepers.

If you want to, you can move some evs from def to speed (220 / 224).

That´s all ;)

Thats a reasonable point I guess, but with your spread I have a 0% chance of beating other Gliscors instead of 50% (or 100% if they run 216 speed).

36 Defense EVs only acount to about 1% more durability, so its not a big help compared to being fast.

Edit:

Also Taunt has 100% accuracy despite Sand Veil. Sand Veil reduces accuracy to 80%, not 75. Toxic has 85% accuracy not 75..

pkmtrainer

Thats a reasonable point I guess, but with your spread I have a 0% chance of beating other Gliscors instead of 50% (or 100% if they run 216 speed).

36 Defense EVs only acount to about 1% more durability, so its not a big help compared to being fast.

Edit:

Also Taunt has 100% accuracy despite Sand Veil. Sand Veil reduces accuracy to 80%, not 75. Toxic has 85% accuracy not 75..

How do you take down other Gliscors with Gliscor?! EQ misses, and Toxic has a bad accuracy, and doesnt do too much. If you face other Gliscors, you can switch to Lucario in the Taunt/Toxic, then to Dragonite in the EQ/Taunt, and finish them with Draco Meteor ._. You´ve covered them, and those 40 def evs can do a difference in some match in the future.

Bad accuracy really isn't an arguement when it comes down to it (unless we are talking about Sheer Cold's accuracy but this is not the case.) Toxic does do alot to opposing Gliscor actually...you do know the damage it does increases every turn right? Even with Roost other Gliscor will fall pretty quickly if they stay in. If they switch out then Gliscor has still done its job of beating other Gliscor as beating doesn't always mean killing. Also note that 216 isn't even the standard that is written on Smogon anymore as apparently they came to the same realization that the speed is just more helpful than the defence in most cases. Yea, it can make a difference but then again so can the speed.

Ok, I made some updates.

Should I replace Lucario's Swords Dance with Bullet Punch? He rarely sweeps and I feel like Gengar is enough of an ******* to make it worth using. It won't do much to him (probably around 40%) but its something..