• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any help? Codes or such?

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Well, I turned on my Gold version yesterday and was shocked to find everything gone. The game just went back to it's default setting...

My very first Pokemon, Venasaur, gone...

My one and only official Mew, gone...

My hard earned Pokedex and everything else, gone...

I don't suppose there is a way to save my game? Or at least use a gameshark or something to make a Mew with the old ID number?

I also turned on my Crystal version but it just made me reset the clock...so maybe it had something to do with the in game clock?

*cry*

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
I believe there is actually a hotkey to delete your current save file on the opening screen to the game.

Maybe thats it.

F

Flame Sabre

On yeah, that happened to my Red version too. A Level 100 Charizard, a Level 53 Dragonair and a Level 67 Pidgeot all gone one fine day. Even though I never used any cheating devices or stuff.

Maybe your cartridge was a pirated one? I dunno why it happens.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Oathkeeper said:
Well, I turned on my Gold version yesterday and was shocked to find everything gone. The game just went back to it's default setting...
Yeah, the same thing happened to my Silver version a few days ago too. The ''Continue'' choise dissappeared but for some reason it kept the time perfect. I started a new game to see if there was a glitch, but everything seemed perfectly fine. I saved the game, soon to find out that it destroyed my data every time it switched from PM to AM.

K

king krab kingler

The shortcut to reset the clock is to press:- (A)+(B)+(select) at the same time(i think).

To delete all saved data, press:- (select)+(down)+(B)

again I thnk these are the correct hot keys,try all different ones if these are wrong!

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Dark Venusaur said:
;003;I hate when that happens. I just restore data by geting a cheating device;003;
Thank you, that was very unhelpful.
If you know of a way to restore data with a cheating device please share it.
I'm not above using cheating device to play God in the case of an event like this.
And I do mean my data, not just refilling the pokedex or something like that. If I took the time I could do that again without a cheating device.

N

nekusagi

The save battery may have died... don't panic, you can send it to Nintendo and they can fix it.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
Could've been the saving battery, how do you get a deleted file back with a CHEATING DEVICE? I never herd of such a thing!

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
The battery! Now there is an idea. I was unaware there was a "save battery" to be quite honest.
Thank you very much, I'll be sure to ask someone at EB about this very soon.

The memory in these cartridges has to be non-volatile right? With any luck this could solve my problem.

I'll be sure to tell you guys how it turns out.

R

Ruby

well you can start a new game and use the cloaning glitch cloan the pokemon holding rare candies and master balls

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
While we're on the topic, could someone tell me what the names are for the AR for GBC games and the name of AR for GBA games?

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Update: Okay, that battery is certainly my problem. I've been all over town today, and while I was able to find out that replacing that battery would in fact bring my data back, I was not able to find anyone who would repair it.

Likewise, Nintendo says the games are too old to repair. Ha, and here I thought Nintendo would be the one company who could respect an elder gamer.

So, I'll probably need to fix it myself. A bad idea because the battery is soldered into the cartridge. I have dealt with a soldering iron for almost two years in a trade school, but I don't have one of my own, so I would need to purchase one. Then I would need to find the correct battery (if they even sell them anymore). Radio Shack does sell a battery of similar size and model number, but I'm not sure if the batteries in these games are rechargeable or not. Putting in a battery that is not the correct type would result in it exploding and probably ruining my whole cartridge.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Well, I don't know if this would help or not, but to ensure you got the correct type of battery, I'd buy a used Gold Version, and take the battery out of that one and put it in the old game. I have no way of helping take the battery out or put it in, though.