• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any non-new Pokémon your picking up? (Besides starters)

Doubl3_bot

Emolga enjoyer
I always have atleast one Pokémon in a new game that isn’t well, new. What’s yours, if you have one?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Smeargle always if I can

But if we talking of what non new Pokemon I want to use the most in this game besides Smeargle.

Its Sudowoodo, just think its the perfect partner Pokemon for this kind of setting.

Red and Blue

Definitely Gallade. Maybe Garchomp if a certain rumored Hisuian Variant turns out false

Orphalesion

Well it depends on whether Alolan Vulpix will be available (thorugh an in-game trade or some such)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m going to act if my character is jumping back & forth between the Sinnoh & Hisui region for my Legends playthrough, so aside from the Hisuian variants I’m planning on getting doubles of the pokémon I’m using & getting from my Brilliant Diamond playthrough (if they’re in the game) just in case I can’t bring them into Legends with Home connectivity:
  • Infernape
  • Roserade
  • Manaphy
  • Chatot
  • Rampardos
  • Gliscor
  • Yanmega
  • Electivire

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I'm definitely going to pick up a Drifblim, and Togekiss. I expect my team is going to be pretty unbalanced in the end, but what can ya do?

Rain-and-Thunder

For me one of the main ones I want is Jolteon, just dunno when I'll be able to get an eevee in this, let alone a thunderstone. XD

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I want to use a lot of Sinnoh Pokemon that I didn't decide to use in my last Shining Pearl playthrough (my team in that was Torterra, Crobat, Rapidash, Floatzel, Luxray and Gardevoir). Specifically I'd like to use the other two Sinnoh Starters, Roserade, Mamoswine and some Eeveelutions. I've also heard through leaks that
you get a guaranteed Shiny Ponyta in one of the side quests, if I hadn't just used Ponyta in Shining Pearl I would've put that on a Hisui team.

Doubl3_bot

Emolga enjoyer
I’ve been thinking about hitmonlee since announcement, and it’s it in the game, so that’s my non new pick

Nave

Might use Hippowdon since I'm considering a Sandstorm team. Sand would patch up Kleavor's Special Defense.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I was going to do a planned team in Brilliant Diamond, but I've only done a Water-type challenge thus far. So I might as well pull that team to Legends, ditching the starter (Empoleon) though since I've used it recently and we get a good Fire-type that isn't Infernape in a Sinnoh game for once..

Meaning I'm thinking of at least getting the following:
- Typhlosion
- Lopunny
- Togekiss
- Skuntank
- Carnivine
- Froslass

However, some of the leaked pokémon are just too good to not include. This team means I'm at least missing the following types:

Bug, Rock, Fighting, Ground, Steel
Water, Electric, Psychic, Dragon

Which means I'm likely going to pick 'new' mons to fit with what I'm missing or replacing stuff like Carnivine with Hisuian Electrode. Spoilers for leaks below:

Typhlosion: Fire/Ghost
Ursaluna: Normal/Ground
Togekiss: Fairy/Flying
Skuntank: Poison/Dark (not going to use Overqwil)
Hisuian Lilligant: Grass/Fighting
Froslass: Ice/Ghost

Kleavor and Hisuian Goodra are on the bench. This way I'm only missing Water, Electric and Psychic. Considering Braviary and Basculegion are ride pokemon they might as well be on the team.

Honestly, too many good new Normal and Ghost-types. Basculegion, Zoroak, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna..

Last edited:

Nave

Honestly, too many good new Normal and Ghost-types. Basculegion, Zoroak, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna..
Yeah this is an amazing Gen for Normal and Ghost Pokémon.
Added to those are Dragapult (arguably the best pseudolegendary, period.), Obstagoon (very underrated), Indeedee (one of the most frustrating Pokémon to go against in competitive), Runerigus (one of my favourite new designs), Cursola (great concept--cool but sad), Dubwool and Polteageist (unassuming, but deceptively dangerous Pokémon)... I even like Greedent as an early game rodent.
The ones in this game are just so cool though. I always liked the design of Basculegion as a rideable Pokémon, but the leak completely sold me on it--Rattled is such an overlooked ability, and Wave Crash is such a cool move. I almost want to make a team of just Normal and Ghost types, but it would be so weak to Dark. Returning to the topic of this thread, I'm considering using Lucario and Togekiss to deal with that.

pokeplayer9994

To be honest, the moment I saw that Roserade was in this game, I just knew I would have it on my team. I love it too much and I'm not sorry.

This is why I'll never pick a Grass-Type starter ever again.