• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any point shiny hunting in any other game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLynch

With the ultra wormholes increasing shiny rates, is there any point shiny hunting in any other game?

I was excited to see a 1.6% chance of getting a shiny Pokemon in Crystal through breeding (With the right parent) but given the shiny rates with wormholes is there any point?

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
For me? Yes. I'm a shiny hunter and believe it or not I actually prefer the full odds of the older games. Why? Because I like a good challenge mostly and even with the Ultra Wormholes the shiny rates are only for non-legendary pokemon, which still leaves a considerable amount of pokemon still available for one to hunt outside the wormholes.

JohnLynch

I looked up some guides online, and the only Pokemon that seem possible to catch in the wormholes are:
Nihilego
Buzzwole (Ultra Sun only)
Pheromosa (Ultra Moon only)
Xurkitree
Celesteela (Ultra Moon only)
Kartana (Ultra Sun only)
Guzzlord
Quagsire
Lombre
Floatzel
Stunfisk
Barbaracle
Suicune
Lugia (Ultra Moon only)
Latias (Ultra Moon only)
Latios (Ultra Sun only)
Kyogre (Ultra Moon only)
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Kyurem
Nuzleaf
Grumpig
Drapion
Audino
Heliolisk
Mewtwo
Raikou (Ultra Sun only)
Entei (Ultra Moon only)
Dialga (Ultra Sun only)
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Reshiram (Ultra Sun only)
Zekrom (Ultra Moon only)
Xerneas (Ultra Sun only)
Swellow
Altaria
Yanmega
Sigilyph
Swanna
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Ho-Oh (Ultra Sun only)
Rayquaza
Cresselia
Tornadus (Ultra Sun only)
Thundurus (Ultra Moon only)
Landorus
Yveltal (Ultra Moon only)
Magcargo
Medicham
Hippowdon
Abomasnow
Crustle
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Groudon (Ultra Sun only)
Palkia (Ultra Moon only)
Heatran (Ultra Sun only)
Regigigas (Ultra Moon only)
Giratina

Is that list complete? Because if so there are only 64 pokemon listed there. Which means 738 shiny pokemon (minus those that are shiny locked) that can be hunted down. That'd seem like a pretty good reason to still hunt for shinies in earlier gen games.

Am I missing something?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I looked up some guides online, and the only Pokemon that seem possible to catch in the wormholes are:
Nihilego
Buzzwole (Ultra Sun only)
Pheromosa (Ultra Moon only)
Xurkitree
Celesteela (Ultra Moon only)
Kartana (Ultra Sun only)
Guzzlord
Quagsire
Lombre
Floatzel
Stunfisk
Barbaracle
Suicune
Lugia (Ultra Moon only)
Latias (Ultra Moon only)
Latios (Ultra Sun only)
Kyogre (Ultra Moon only)
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Kyurem
Nuzleaf
Grumpig
Drapion
Audino
Heliolisk
Mewtwo
Raikou (Ultra Sun only)
Entei (Ultra Moon only)
Dialga (Ultra Sun only)
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Reshiram (Ultra Sun only)
Zekrom (Ultra Moon only)
Xerneas (Ultra Sun only)
Swellow
Altaria
Yanmega
Sigilyph
Swanna
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Ho-Oh (Ultra Sun only)
Rayquaza
Cresselia
Tornadus (Ultra Sun only)
Thundurus (Ultra Moon only)
Landorus
Yveltal (Ultra Moon only)
Magcargo
Medicham
Hippowdon
Abomasnow
Crustle
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Groudon (Ultra Sun only)
Palkia (Ultra Moon only)
Heatran (Ultra Sun only)
Regigigas (Ultra Moon only)
Giratina

Is that list complete? Because if so there are only 64 pokemon listed there. Which means 738 shiny pokemon (minus those that are shiny locked) that can be hunted down. That'd seem like a pretty good reason to still hunt for shinies in earlier gen games.

Am I missing something?

you're not missing a thing. the ultrawormholes dont have a complete pokedex of pokemon. you'll still need to shiny hunt the traditional ways to get all the shiny forms. the wormholes just make it slightly easier to get certain pokemon though it wont be their lowest form of evolution.

JohnLynch

Thanks Nel3!

-Raiga-

I mean, it depends on what your reason for shiny hunting in the first place is. If you want a shiny eligible for competitive, obviously USUMO is going to be your game of choice.

If however you simply want to have fun finding shinies, then no one game really has an advantage over another because they all offer different hunting experiences. For instance RNG'ing shinies in gen.5 is a completely different animal than chaining using the pokeradar in gen.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.