• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Any "Wolfs Rain" fans?

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Who is your favorite character and why?
People may think I'm bad for saying this but I really like Darcia, he's a character I can really relate to and I think he has the best background story plus he just looks awesome.

***SPOILERS***

And what scene did you find the saddest?
I cried all the way through toboe's death, I was shocked at how sad it was! I mean I didn't expect it to be so awful!

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
*Raises hand* I am!

It's been forever since I've seen Wolf's Rain, I should go back and rewatch it. If I remember, Kiba is my favorite. I love the journey he takes and how the wolves join him (kinda generic reasoning, I know).

I agree; Toboe's death was so sad. I also found the ending pretty sad.

Dude, spoiler tags. I had to avoid this topic for a couple days so I could finish it!

But yes, the last 4 episodes made me cry a LOT.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
To Pika Hikari KT I just didnt want to ruin the end for people :p it was one of the last and heart wrenching moments afterall and I hate being stoned by angry fans haha :)
And to wierdamanda I'm glad you agree his death was awful and yeah Kiba is too cool, I know this sounds sick but when he rips that guys throat out (1st episode?) it looks really cool and hes a white wolf! White wolves look awesome :)

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
And to wierdamanda I'm glad you agree his death was awful and yeah Kiba is too cool, I know this sounds sick but when he rips that guys throat out (1st episode?) it looks really cool and hes a white wolf! White wolves look awesome :)

His character design is one of my favorites, in both wolf and human form. I'm really interested in reading the manga, has anyone read it?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched the Wolf's Rain anime a few summers ago when I was browsing through anime that looked interesting. I watched the Japanese version of the anime first, and then the English dubbed version (which I found to be amazing). I have to say that my favorite character in the Wolf's Rain series was Kiba by far. He was sort of rash and reckless at times, but that's the type of personality that I like the most. Kiba was also voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch in the English dub, which only made me like him a lot more.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
I watched the Wolf's Rain anime a few summers ago when I was browsing through anime that looked interesting. I watched the Japanese version of the anime first, and then the English dubbed version (which I found to be amazing). I have to say that my favorite character in the Wolf's Rain series was Kiba by far. He was sort of rash and reckless at times, but that's the type of personality that I like the most. Kiba was also voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch in the English dub, which only made me like him a lot more.

That's a really good point. Their English dub is pretty amazing, felt totally natural.

I also like how unique Wolf's Rain is. I havn't read/seen anything like it

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's a really good point. Their English dub is pretty amazing, felt totally natural.

I also like how unique Wolf's Rain is. I havn't read/seen anything like it

I don't usually like the English dub of certain anime, especially not after I've watched the original Japanese version, but there was something about the Wolf's Rain dub that I really liked. The voices were just superb, and the voices usually make all the difference. Oh, and just as a side-note: I might have singled-out Kiba as my favorite character in the series, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the others. I really like most of the characters including Tsume and Toboe, I just have a preference for Kiba :p

annabelletheraikou

I love Wolf's Rain! I haven't seen it in forever, but I remember liking the series a lot. My favorite character was Kiba. I thought he was amazing. I also loved the dynamic of Toboe and Tsume. Not to mention the awesomeness that is Hige/Blue!

I stumbled across this show on Rapture TV late one night and my first reaction was "So that's what happened to the cast of digimon!" Yeah, the VAs for Tai and Izzy are in the English dub. And I think Chris Sabat might be in it somewhere too. I mean the guy's in everything!

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Nope, Bandai dub. Steve Blum's in it though (as Darcia).^_^

Why is it that anything with Steve Blum becomes instant awesome? (-^__^-)

I LOVE Wolf's Rain, it's so mature and deep and beautiful, and - something that is rare for me - I loved and sympathised with every single character; even the 'bad' guys like Pops and Darcia. They're all just so human (well, they're not all human, but you see my point).

Saddest bit?

The beginning always makes me well up when I rewatch...just the sight of Kiba lying in the snow *shivers*. Toboe's death was...god, so heartwrenching. But easily the saddest bit was Cher's death. That was probably the most shocking death in any anime I've ever seen, and the scene following it where Hub says goodbye and then lays her in the water...wow... *gets choked up* that was sadder than the end of Titanic!! TT__TT

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
I have to agree that it's one of very few anime that I prefer the English dub, I really enjoyed it and it's so unique yet heart wrenching. I have never been so attached to anime characters in my life though I have to say those waste of time character background episodes were boring and revealed what was going to happen really. If they weren't all going to die horribly the history wouldn't be shown but I can honestly say that despite it being so amazing knowing the end I just can't watch it without crying!

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
I don't usually like the English dub of certain anime, especially not after I've watched the original Japanese version, but there was something about the Wolf's Rain dub that I really liked. The voices were just superb, and the voices usually make all the difference. Oh, and just as a side-note: I might have singled-out Kiba as my favorite character in the series, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the others. I really like most of the characters including Tsume and Toboe, I just have a preference for Kiba :p

I know exactly what you mean. For example, the Bleach's English dub was impossible for me to watch; I just didn't like the voices. But WR's English dub just had something amazing about it. I havn't watched any of the Japanese episodes though, but I bet the voices are superb for them as well.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I know exactly what you mean. For example, the Bleach's English dub was impossible for me to watch; I just didn't like the voices. But WR's English dub just had something amazing about it. I havn't watched any of the Japanese episodes though, but I bet the voices are superb for them as well.

Me either, but I'd bet my bottom dollar it's effing fantastic. Mamoru Miyano is in the lead role, after all. That guy deserves an Oscar, seriously.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
It's a shame they couldn't make another wolfs rain series because I just love it so much but seeing as they all died horribly there isn't much story to be played with but I'd love to see them in paradise and also Darcia and hamona reunited. :D

legendery colecter

The Legends are Here
One of my favourate characters in Wolf's Rain was Quent, I dont really know why it just his backstory of why he does what he does and then how it unfolds ther on afterwards makes you like him even though you know you maybe shoudnt.
The end was pretty sad with everything that happened but Taboe D: he was my favourite wolf character by far, made out to be so caring and then is killed in such a way.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Yeah... I havent watched it in ages, wasnt his family killed by wolves?

Exodd

Quent was an interesting character and his interaction with Hub was funny.
Haven't watched Wolf's Rain in a while either, but I think Quent's family was
actually killed by Jaguara's troops. He saw a wolf there and figured that was the culprit. (Was the wolf actually Darcia or did he just connect the two?)

I think another series for Wolf's Rain would just be repetitive. Was made pretty clear at the end of the show that similar events would probably repeat again in another cycle.