1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Any word on a Let's Go Adventures arc?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Nightlingbolt, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

I mean, at this point, there's likely no USUM arc, plus I figure it would be fitting for Yellow to have a starring role in the arc based on the remake of Pokemon Yellow, maybe it could bring Silver into the fray a bit, maybe give him his final showdown with Giovanni, maybe even explain how Mewtwo ended up in Kalos to begin with? I dunno, I see a fair bit of potential with that kind of arc.

2. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Dude i don't think Giovanna ever going to be beat at all

3. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Honestly kind of concerned for the writer. What your asking for is possibly a third story arc to be released alongside BW2 and SM and not as an entirely new sequel but almost an entirely new story featuring new characters, like BW2. I don't know about you guys but I think Kusaka might need a second writer to help him, the Pokemon release schedule GameFreak could be doing will be very tough to keep up with later on. Now we have entirely new Pokemon games to start a generation, remakes, expansions (or sequels which would be heavier in terms of storytelling adaptataion) and now Let's Go remakes. I really think Kusaka may need some help.

Actually now that I think about it, I think he might need to start mentoring? Similar to how Satoshi passed on the Creative Director role to Masuda and he could possibly pass on the role to Ohmori, I think Kusaka might need to consider mentoring a new writer and a Let's Go story arc might not be a bad start. I say mentor because Pokemon Adventures is in many ways, although a faithful adaptation of Pokemon Adventures, has it's own unique canon, universe and a tightly-knit continuity that I dare say may even be better than the games itself. If a successor was ever consider, I feel a new writer would have to not just know the lore and be a great storyteller, he would have to love it.

Although to be honest, I probably have no clue what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. Redstar45

I want a one shot short chapter of the Pokemon Let's go pikachu and eevee

5. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

I feel that's unlikely. If it were to happen, it will probably be a two to four volume epic like FRLG or HGSS or most likely like BW2. I say BW2 because the Let's Go games feature entirely new protagonists. On the plus side I suppose Kusaka wouldn't have to worry about exploring new content since there really isn't anything substantially different in the lore and story department for the games.

Although to be honest, I'd like to see how Red, Green, Blue and Yellow progress as young adults. I honestly can imagine each of them being Pokemon researchers, even Red actually. I can see him testing new Pokemon moves on himself lol like Kukui since Prof. Oak did say Red was a genius at recognizing Pokemon moves, like Bulbasaur's Solar Beam.

6. Redstar45

Don't........get your own hope about it ok ?
    I am not sure about let's go pikachu and eevee getting a Pokemon special manga like that frlg arc and Hgss and oras arc .

7. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

Arcs based off of third versions, remakes, and whatnot typically take some time to be announced, let alone start. Just wait for something to get announced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.