• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody else tired of the 'new girl' repetion?

Mime Jr

Dawn reminds me so much of May. What I'm trying to say is that when the 5th generation starts there shouldn't be another new girl. It got old already. They should switch it up and bring the male trainer.
Another thing is Misty must return. I though it was pretty cool that she only used water pkmn (excluding Togepi). Pokemon contests bore me now. Any other opinions, please I would love to hear.

PS: Brock should leave too! (he's great but he has no point anymore)

Other than that Misty thing you said many people feel this way. But they tried the whole replace Brock thing and fans complained. So now the writers are tourtaring us becuase we didXD

Liberty4Pokemon

Vogue to the Music
It would be nice if Dawn had been something other than a trainer or a coordinator, like a ranger-in-training, or even a Pokémon researcher. But she has managed to differentiate herself from May, and has developed a different, interesting personality.
Misty was always a good character, but they just didn't do much with her, and it got to the point that the writers had to make a drastic change before the series got completely stale and went down the drain.
I don't think it was completely necessary to sever May, they could've just scrapped Brock and Max and brought in a new supporting male (Lucas or Jun would've been great, and making Paul a member of the main cast would have been awesome), but, even so, DP has been one of the best sagas.

Manene!

Dawn reminds me so much of May. What I'm trying to say is that when the 5th generation starts there shouldn't be another new girl. It got old already. They should switch it up and bring the male trainer.
Another thing is Misty must return. I though it was pretty cool that she only used water pkmn (excluding Togepi). Pokemon contests bore me now. Any other opinions, please I would love to hear.

Brock should leave because he has no point and Misty should return? :p And what exactly would you expect Misty to do besides nothing?

It would be nice if Dawn had been something other than a trainer or a coordinator, like a ranger-in-training, or even a Pokémon researcher. But she has managed to differentiate herself from May, and has developed a different, interesting personality.
Misty was always a good character, but they just didn't do much with her, and it got to the point that the writers had to make a drastic change before the series got completely stale and went down the drain.
I don't think it was completely necessary to sever May, they could've just scrapped Brock and Max and brought in a new supporting male (Lucas or Jun would've been great, and making Paul a member of the main cast would have been awesome), but, even so, DP has been one of the best sagas.

I like the idea of Paul being in the main cast, maybe gen after either Ash or Paul wins. Than we could get a great rivalry between them in the main cast, fight each episode. It would be like Naruto with Saskue and Naruto LOL.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!

Great... Just great... Yet another fan who wants Misty to return. Boy, haven't I seen it all. Misty's sisters are constantly leaving the Gym in her care, so I doubt that she'd return anytime soon. Maybe for a couple of episodes, but not permanently.

Mime Jr

How can you be tired of repetition when its happened twice

If it happened 3 or 4 or more times you'd have a point
Yes but May lasted three seasons, and we're gonna get stuck with Dawn for 3 or 4 seasons more. Plus people here keep saying "who wil be the new girl after Dawn?", and I guss that annoys me.

Brock should leave because he has no point and Misty should return? :p And what exactly would you expect Misty to do besides nothing?
Misty could continue to be a great water Pokemon trainer. Anyways I like Misty cause of her character. Dawn seems to me like just another May.

Last edited:

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Mime Jr said:
Misty could continue to be a great water Pokemon trainer. Anyways I like Misty cause of her character. Dawn seems to me like just another May.
And what better way than to be a tough-to-beat Water Gym Leader? Misty can become a powerful Water Pokémon trainer while she's at the Gym. Misty's character died when Togepi came along, sadly.

Dax

Legend
You mean, take Dawn out so the boring Misty can return?

I'm sure that if people actually learn to see the characters for who they are and not for who they are similar they can enjoy it. May is absolutely different in terms of personalities and journey. May started off strong and winning almost every contest while Dawn is pretty much in a stage of weakness since she can’t even make a great appeal. Their starters are completely different. May’s Torchic pretty much sucked while Piplup can be considered Dawn’s strongest.

Misty is probably one of the most boring characters I have seen in the anime. She is the one that got old real quick. Her presence was pretty much not needed, much like Brock. She had nothing to do and the purposes of her stay in the main group didn’t exist. At least Brock did something and actually is the one that knows about strategies and attacks. Misty was just there to walk, walk and walk and be boring. I’m actually thankful that she left.

I think nostalgia plays a big part in here. People get too attached to the characters of the past and start to hate the new ones because they can’t let the others go.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Dax said:
I think nostalgia plays a big part in here. People get too attached to the characters of the past and start to hate the new ones because they can’t let the others go.
This is called refusing to accept changes and wanting everything to be status quo. =P

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
And what better way than to be a tough-to-beat Water Gym Leader? Misty can become a powerful Water Pokémon trainer while she's at the Gym. Misty's character died when Togepi came along, sadly.

How does that make her better? Water Pokemon Master is something along the lines of what Lorelei was, an elite trainer that specializes in certain types. Therefore it is along the lines of the Elite Four. And Gym leader =/= Elite Four. Being a Gym leader accomplishes nothing helping Misty reach her goal, because the anime has made it clear that if you want to be a better trainer then you have travel. Staying where you are stagnates your skills and prevents you from gaining experience. Misty is doing nothing but battling rookie trainers (the majority of which won’t even make it to the league the first time or will be knocked out of the preliminaries) and that does nothing to help her skill. Only a certain percentage are at Ash’s level and that’s not saying much. Staying at the gym prevents her looking for new Pokemon, gaining more experience, and battling trainers at a high enough level that it will actually benefit her. When she was traveling she could beat Sakura, and when Sakura was traveling she could beat her, it’s as simple as that. Misty might as well be working at a Seven Eleven, because that’s how much being a gym leader gets her closer to the Elite Four right now.

And no I’m not saying I want her to come back to travel with Ash. I want her to go on her own journey. Go compete in Whirl Cup. Go compete in the Indigo League. Go do SOMETHING! I would rather never see her again knowing she was on journey, than her be at the gym getting cameos occasionally. I hate her being at the gym that much. And it would have been simple too, just at the end of the that special instead of her saying she was going to Hoenn, she could have said the “With the new experience I’ve gained, now I’m ready to go on my own journey.” And that’s it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
How does that make her better? Water Pokemon Master is something along the lines of what Lorelei was, an elite trainer that specializes in certain types. Therefore it is along the lines of the Elite Four/

We don't know exactly what a "Master" is in the anime so you can't say being an E4 member equals to being a master.

And Gym leader =/= Elite Four. Being a Gym leader accomplishes nothing helping Misty reach her goal, because the anime has made it clear that if you want to be a better trainer then you have travel.

Not necessarly, look at how well brock's pokemon were doing in the BF, Gym leaders aren't forbidden from toughening up thier pokemon and remember stategy is half of the battle.

Staying where you are stagnates your skills and prevents you from gaining experience. Misty is doing nothing but battling rookie trainers (the majority of which won’t even make it to the league the first time or will be knocked out of the preliminaries) and that does nothing to help her skill.

Not Really, Ash still fights rookies from time to time and his skill still goes up.

Staying at the gym prevents her looking for new Pokemon, gaining more experience, and battling trainers at a high enough level that it will actually benefit her.

The hoso's and Battle frontier pretty much proved it's easy to have pokemon migrate from region to region, therefore they could have her get anything close to where she is if they want to without having her leave the region.

When she was traveling she could beat Sakura, and when Sakura was traveling she could beat her, it’s as simple as that.

You have to take into account though Sakura was still a rookie at the earlier time, she knew what to expect when she had the rematch with Misty, especially since she used the very same pokemon she used the first time(Corsola), If she had used something different things might have turned out differently, plus again strategy is half the of the battle, look at Ash for crying out loud, he does that all the time, Roark and Gardenia being more recent examples of that.

Misty might as well be working at a Seven Eleven, because that’s how much being a gym leader gets her closer to the Elite Four right now.

Once again, what it takes to "be a master" has not yet been defined in the anime so how can you say being an e4= master?

I would rather never see her again knowing she was on journey, than her be at the gym getting cameos occasionally.

I would just plain never want to see her or may ever again.

I hate her being at the gym that much.

Well she seems to be enjoying herself there, and with all the development put towards it I don't see her leaving it either.

Last edited:

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Well... while it's true that travelling makes a trainer stronger, being a Gym Leader means she has to self-train as well, thus making her stronger as well. I take it that being a Gym Leader, she has to train on her own. Besides, when she travelled with Ash she didn't really train much or become stronger. I like your idea that she should go on a journey of her own - to become much stronger and independent than she is now.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
We don't know exactly what a "Master" is in the anime so you can't say being an E4 member equals to being a master.

Heck if that's true does that make Ash a master for beating them should he fight them later on?

It obviously an elite trainer that specializes in Water Pokemon, and that’s definitely not a gym leader. If it were that easy Misty would have never left the gym to start with. And she worshipped Prima.

What do you do in the game? You beat the Elite Four and the Champion. Pokemon Master has to be at least the same level of Champion or higher. And if doing well in the leagues doesn’t apply then why is Ash competing in the leagues? Because if it was about catching a lot of Pokemon or doing something else Ash would be doing that instead. He competes in gyms and leagues, so that obviously has something to do with it. And if he battled the Elite Four and the Champion, he obviously would want to win so I don’t see how Pokemon Master is anything less than Champion, it’s probably more than that. He would probably need to compete in that Champions League that Lucian talked about. To be a Master he would at least need to beat the other Chapions.

Water Pokemon Master means your one of the best trainers with Water types. And some of the strongest type specialty trainers we know of are apart of the Elite Four. I don’t see how you can be a master of any type if you’re not at least at their abilities as trainers. To be honest Master is better than the Elite Four. But it is a minimum of power and skill one should at least have to even be considered a Master, that’s why I made the comparison.

Not necessarly, look at how well brock's pokemon were doing in the BF, Gym leaders aren't forbidden from toughening up thier pokemon and remember stategy is half of the battle.

His Onix evolved after it already had a ton of experience and that’s it, big whoop. And Brock is a terrible example of that point himself, because being a gym leader was preventing him from accomplishing anything. He could have been a Breeder there, but no he HAD to travel. And you can’t tell me that Breeder is more difficult than Master, that you have to travel to be a better breeder like Brock did and all you have to do is stay in one place to be a Master. And nearly all of Brock’s new more powerful Pokemon he got travling. The anime has rammed it down our throats that you have to travel to get better.

Not Really, Ash still fights rookies from time to time and his skill still goes up.

He has more access to experienced trainers than Misty does. If he hears about a competition or a great trainer he can just go there, Misty can’t. She has to take whatever walks though the door and the vast majority of them are not that experienced. Beating up on rookies does not help you get better, it’s batting the ones at your level or better that helps you improve. And she simply doesn’t have the same opportunities that Ash has.

The hoso's and Battle frontier pretty much proved it's easy to have pokemon migrate from region to region, therefore they could have her get anything close to where she is if they want to without having her leave the region.

And who going to watch the Gym while she does this? Her sisters can’t take care of it long enough for her to go to Professor Oak’s. Being stuck at the Gym means she can’t even travel around locally without someone watching it. The only real Pokemon she has the most access to are the ones at her local Pokemon Center or when she occasionally visits Oak. She simply doesn’t have the time to try and go out to build up her team. That’s why her only new Pokemon since Gyrados were weak ones that were given to her.

You have to take into account though Sakura was still a rookie at the time, she knew what to expect when she had the rematch with Misty, especially since she used the very same pokemon she used the first time(Corsola), If she had used something different things might have turned out differently, plus again strategy is half the of the battle, look at Ash for crying out loud, he does that all the time, Roark and Gardenia being more recent examples of that.

And how did Sakura stop being a rookie? And that doesn’t mean that Ash isn’t better than he was when he started. Unless your suggesting he could have become a good trainer by staying in Pallet Town.

Once again, what it takes to "be a master" has not yet been defined in the anime so how can you say being an e4= master?

Master is probably better than E4. It’s a minimum comparison of power. Unless you’re saying that a Master is weaker than the E4.

Well she seems to be enjoying herself there, and with all the development put towards it I don't see her leaving it either.

Then why didn’t she stay there in the beginning? The writers could make them enjoy anything for the plot even if it’s OOC. They could make Brock give up being a Breeder, and become a gym leader again as well taking care of his brothers and sisters all by himself again and have him enjoy it. They could have Ash abandon his journey and have him enjoy it. They have Misty enjoy it because it’s convenient for the plot. If she enjoyed it in the first place she wouldn’t have left and she wouldn’t have been upset about having to go back, in fact she should have been happy.

Last edited:

Mime Jr

The only reason she was gym leader was because her sisters had to go on that trip. She didn't really earn it so I think she should travel again. Plus Togetic is gone.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The only reason she was gym leader was because her sisters had to go on that trip. She didn't really earn it so I think she should travel again. Plus Togetic is gone.

That's not true. Her sisters were back during her second special waaaay back in early Hoenn and Misty still chose to stay as a Gym leader rather than travel.

Heck, when she appeared in Hoenn for 2 eps and AGAIN at the beginning of BF she said she has a responsibility at the Gym.

Misty will probably remain at the Gym for the rest of the series like Tracey is remaining at Oak's lab for the rest of the series. That's just the way things are and will always be.

Dax

Legend

But she has nothing to do. Her character is already focused on water pokemons and I doubt she's suddenly going to come and say she wants to do contests or something else.

I 100% oppose the idea of Misty returning and having to go through all of her boring personality once again. May entertained me and Dawn entertains me even more and Misty just fell into oblivion for me.

She can stay in the gym and be happy.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Misty will probably remain at the Gym for the rest of the series like Tracey is remaining at Oak's lab for the rest of the series. That's just the way things are and will always be.

Which sucks. T T

She can stay in the gym and be happy.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it! :p

Dax

Legend
But that doesn't mean I have to like it! :p

I didn't know it was requirement for you to like it.:eek:

I was never a fan of her, never not even when she was supposed to be entertaining.

Maybe they can make another chronicles and keep her stupid plot going. I don't care if she returns for one or 2 episodes but not for a whole season.