• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody else tired of the 'new girl' repetion?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
When people think of May they keep thinking of her Squirtle instead of Beautifly/Skitty.

actually, lots of people (unfairly) think that Eneko was cheap as well, some even going as far to say that it was as bad as, or worse, than Z.E.N.I.

If Brock ever leaves the show, people will remember him as being stale for the last couple of seasons instead of the fun and entertaining character he used to be.

I don't know.... he's actually been doing stuff lately. Plus, how could anyone forget him introducing us to..... MOE MAID CAFE!!!! ^^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
actually, lots of people (unfairly) think that Eneko was cheap as well, some even going as far to say that it was as bad as, or worse, than Z.E.N.I.

Which is a shame that Dusclops Contest gave Skitty a bad impression. All its other battles were really good, its just its first Contest win put a damper on it. I feel the same about Squirtle too, to be honest. While giving her another RBY starter in the first place was stupid, I thought the Squirtle/Banette Contest was very well done. It was probably its best battle compared to all the others but people seem to forget about it. Hopefully if its shown again its a Wartortle now, mainly because I like that middle-stage form and it'll differentiate it.

Funny, that Ash, Gary and May all have a Pokemon from the Squirtle line, eh? Giving May a Wartortle would be a nice way to differentiate it from Ash's Squirtle and Gary's Blastoise.

I don't know.... he's actually been doing stuff lately. Plus, how could anyone forget him introducing us to..... MOE MAID CAFE!!!! ^^

Holly the tag battle partner really needs to return so Brock can ride off with her in the sunset of D/P. Brock is admittedly better in D/P than he has been in Johto or AG but I'm still kind of bored of the character in general. Hopefully he gets a good sendoff at the end.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
When people think of May they keep thinking of her Squirtle instead of Beautifly/Skitty.
So we should be thinking of her as cute with no personality? :p

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
May *had* personality and that was obvious. Whether you liked its personality or not is different but I don't think there can be a way to prove she didn't have a personality.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So we should be thinking of her as cute and/or personality-less? :p

I meant in terms of Pokemon, you know. :p

People tend to remember the most recent teams of Pokemon too. I really wish May put Beautifly back on her team, it was her star Pokemon for all of Hoenn before Torchic evolved.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Beautifly rocks.

This shouldn't come as a surprise, but people tend to remember characters based on their last appearance rather than as a whole.

Which isn't fair of them and kind of lazy in a way.>>

Which is a shame that Dusclops Contest gave Skitty a bad impression. All its other battles were really good, its just its first Contest win put a damper on it.

I remember people complaining about it's battle with Houndoom too.

I feel the same about Squirtle too, to be honest. While giving her another RBY starter in the first place was stupid, I thought the Squirtle/Banette Contest was very well done. It was probably its best battle compared to all the others but people seem to forget about it. Hopefully if its shown again its a Wartortle now, mainly because I like that middle-stage form and it'll differentiate it.

I turned against the thing with they made it look better than Sceptile, hopefully they will evolve it because that's the only way the fandom might tolerate it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I turned against the thing with they made it look better than Sceptile, hopefully they will evolve it because that's the only way the fandom might tolerate it.

Either that or we won't see it at all. Its very likely we'll only see limited Pokemon from May whenever she shows up.

Its like with Gary, we only really see his big 3 when he shows up (Blastoise, Umbreon and now Electrivire). They don't bring up his other Pokemon because he has too many and we only see him like once every 70 episodes anyway.

Very likely if May shows up we'll only be seeing Blaziken, Munchlax and Eevee most likely. It would make sense to show her starter, Munchlax, and Eevee (or its potential evo), while none of her other Pokemon get shown or mentioned. There's just no reason to bring up any of the others if we're only going to see her for like two episodes at the most.