• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Hey Contestshippers I really like Contestshipping so I will answer this.

How would May's whole family react if she decided to date Drew?

I think Caroline won't mind her dating Drew.Max might poke fun at them and spy on them.But Max would be defend May or something and Norman well He would be over protective as a father for Drew to date May.He mostly have hard to let go of May.

Contestshipper101

Contestshipper
haha you should post a contestshipping Fanfic ^^^

I am running out of ones to read XD and who knows, you might be good at it. I though i sucked, but thanks to reviews, i found out i may not be the best, but i am still very good. I hope u do well :)

Contestshipping forever :)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Hello Contestshippers! I've been an avid fan of Contestshipping for a long time now. Can I join this thread? Please?

I don't think Caroline would mind very much. Max, Ahh, I'm not so sure about him. I honestly got the feeling that Max didn't really like Drew all that much during the Battle Frontier season. Norman, I see him as being a typical protective father. I see him as wanting to get to know Drew before May and Drew started to date. But then after a while, Norman wouldn't mind Drew and May as a couple. That's just me though.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Hey Contestshippers you asked for a Contestshipping fic and you got one. :D

As Time Passes and Distance Widens, Pain Grows Don't let the title fool you it is a bit dark at the beginning but it has a happy ending its T rated so feel free to read. All I ask is that you give my friend, the Author, a review. Anonymous reviews are fine. Also I've become a bit of a contestshipper lol.

Teshub

Banned
new topic:

Do you see any parallel between pearlshipping and contestshipping?

The two ships in the anime are different. Obviously contest has the rivalry factor but if that is taken away the element of a somewhat independent girl and kind of hot-headed guy being tender to each other is present.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I have read some read some good Contestshipping stories, if anyone is interested.

Picture Perfect This one is only a one-shot but it's great.

Voices - This one is another great one that I really enjoyed.

If I think of anymore, I'll edit my post.

We seriously need a topic on here but I'm all out of ideas.

CoordinatingMaster

Contestshipper <3
I have read some read some good Contestshipping stories, if anyone is interested.

Picture Perfect This one is only a one-shot but it's great.

Voices - This one is another great one that I really enjoyed.

I've read both of those fanfictions too. :D They are both awesome. Voices is one of the most interesting fanfics I've read and Picture Perfect is really cute to me. :)

Contestshipper101

Contestshipper
Do you see any parallel between pearlshipping and contestshipping?

Hmm. I would have to agree with you with the hot headed trainer and independent girl thing but...I think that contestshipping might just be a independent shipping. And i honestly think that the closest shipping to Contestshipping would be Penguinshipping, besides the fact that they grew up together.

Contest rivals
Kenny/Drew teases Dawn/May
Kenny/Drew ovbiosuly has some kind of crush on Dawn/May
Kenny/Drew has shown jealousy towards somebody with Dawn/May. (Kenny was jealous of Ash and Drew was jealosu of Harley, well i see it that way anyway...)

But thats just my opinion =]

Manaphy123

Sesshomaru Fan

All that i can think of is max will tease her about it.;P

CoordinatingMaster

Contestshipper <3
Do you see any parallel between Pearshipping and Contestshipping?

I don't really see much in common though between the two. They have different styles and have different attitudes towards each other. One thing I think they have in common is that they can both help each other out when they need it the most like when May was sad how she lost to Solidad in the Grand Festival and Drew came to cheer her up with a battle. Ash was always cheering Dawn up when she lost a contest or when she needed some confidence.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This thread is like dead! D:

Honestly, no!
Contestshipping is it's own shipping. How you can think that they're common is beyond me.
Plus, the closest ship that can compared to Contestshipping is Penguin.
I mean, both Kenny and Drew have a contest rival in May/Dawn, they both like to tease May/Dawn, and they both have shown feelings for Dawn/May. Although it's obvious to see that May was crushing on Drew, I don't really think Dawn's crushing back.

Luxas

I see more parallels to contestshipping between Ash and Gary than I do between Ash and Dawn, actually. Ash and Dawn have the whole "friend" thing going, while May and Drew are clearly more like rivals. Add that Contestshipping holds more water than just about any other ship, and that Ash loves nothing that is not food or a Pokemon (No, not even his mother. :p) I can't find many parallels.

Norman would definitely want to meet Drew. He'd probably pull him aside and give him the "I love my daughter, and if you ever: fail to protect her, fail to make her happy, or fail to treat her with respect, you'd better run for another region as fast as your skinny little legs can carry you" talk. XD

Do you see any parallel between Pearlshipping and Contestshipping?

Kinda don't think it's a good idea to bring Pearlshipping into the mix here. Contestshipping forum is for Contestshipping. :p
(But anyways, I don't, really. There are completely different dynamics and relations when you compare the ships. Enough said.)

I'm glad that this didn't die. I haven't checked it for months! D:

Also, Contestshipping celebrated it's 7th anniversary back in July and now there was a CS MEP to go with that anniversary. The first part is up if anyone is interested. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdnFfsPUCWM

DarkMagicianGirl17

Ace Trainer Diana
...Clear! *Shocks thread back to life*

Since Caroline seems like a Contestshipper herself, I think she'd be very happy. She'd welcome Drew into the family. Norman would probably have to give Drew the third degree before he'd feel comfortable letting him date his daughter, but eventually I think they'd get along. Max, however, seems like he doesn't like Drew. This might cause a rift between him and May for a while.

mistycerulean

Hiya fellow Contestshippers! I'd love to join if that's all right!
Haha, Caroline would be all like "I was correct!" and would be teasing them, Norman I think wouldn't have much reaction, just kind of cool with it, and Max I could see laughing his head off at them.

DarkMagicianGirl17

Ace Trainer Diana

Quite frankly, no. Main character/main character ships always differ a lot from main character/rival ships in my eyes. Pearlshipping hints are mainly high-fives and encouragement, while a big part of Contestshipping hints is fighting-to-flirting, roses, and May and Drew being viewed as a couple by other characters, which has only happened for Pearlshipping once. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to bash, just saying these ships are different~

Teshub

Banned

Quite frankly, no. Main character/main character ships always differ a lot from main character/rival ships in my eyes. Pearlshipping hints are mainly high-fives and encouragement, while a big part of Contestshipping hints is fighting-to-flirting, roses, and May and Drew being viewed as a couple by other characters, which has only happened for Pearlshipping once. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to bash, just saying these ships are different~

At first glance it looks like there is not much similarity b/w Contest and Pearl, but generally speaking they had similar treatment by the writers.

1. The high fives were like roses. It was something special that only those two characters did with each other.

2. Reacting to each others feelings. When May was down, it was Drew who would usually noticed and tried to lift her up. Same thing with Ash, when he was down, Dawn always tried to do something specially nice.

3. When asked candidly whether they (Dawn/May) want to hook up with Ash/Drew, they don't say "no". Only that they "never thought of it before."

4. Deciding where to go. After their Grand Festival, they had to choices: continue cheering for Ash in the Sinnoh Leave or follow Kenny. Dawn picked Ash. Go to Johto to follow Drew, or continue traveling with Ash. May picked Johto. The only difference is that Johanna told Dawn to do something else.

5. Argue with a purpose. Every time each pairing had an argument it was not for nothing, unlike other ships. It always led to them bonding closer together.

6. Consistency. 9 out 10 times they maintain a consistent dynamic that doesn't tapper off. Ash & Dawn: Duo. Drew and May: Intimate Rivals.

7. Strong reaction by rivals. Harley definitely knew how close May and Drew were. So did Kenny, who had an obvious jealous demeanor when he saw close Dawn clung to Ash.

Well, and similarity between Contest, and Penguin is that both have beaten Ash in 1 v 1 battles. Now the latter was a bit different in terms of battle circumstances, but the point still stands.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Hope this isn't too risque
If May ended up pregnant with Drew's child about eight years from now,how do you think her friends and family(and rivals and Team Rocket) would react?

Contestgurl227

Hey Everyone I am back XD its Charlie. Umm yea so idk who has changed on here but I am XXContestcharlie/dragongurl227 from yt too lolz so yea i and here with my super long post which will most likely be edited later.

First so i finshed a AMV last month and its contestshipping far away and so i hope you enjoy this :'D

Contestshipping-Far Away

I also got some Fan Arts <33
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9665/1e5b58b308b5e3bb2ddbeef.png
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/90/25eae0edecb0bdb624fdefc.jpg
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/829/85906d197f5f78dc76b7060.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.us/i/13491782m.jpg/
Charlie Loves this one XD

My Coloring <3

Request Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkofuH1kfrI

Pictures-
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/dragongurl227/12197215389.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/dragongurl227/Contestsdone2.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/dragongurl227/contestshippingcolor.jpg
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/dragongurl227/syuraku7-1.jpg

Question Time :D

If May ended up pregnant with Drew's child about eight years from now,how do you think her friends and family(and rivals and Team Rocket) would react?

Uhhh ok here we go
Ash- Really....
Caroline- AWWWWW when is it do we need to have a shower for it OMG my May is grown up :D
Misty- Congrats May! I better be invited to the shower :)
Dawn- Omg I am soo happy for you May :) I need to meet this drew tho he better be a hottie ;D
Norman- *Glares at Drew* U better help to rose boy
Max-Im gonna be a uncle.... ohh boy

Misty- KYA! I am happy for you!! He does anything to you tho I will pull out my hammer >:)
Caroline- Hehe I told you sooo :'D
Norman- There is nooo way at all u are dating a boy
Max- Drew and May sitting in a tree...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.