• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
How did you get into Contestshipping?

Just...after watching enough Advanced Challenge and Battle I eventually stopped denying that they were perfect for each other and made a few collages on paint of screenshots XDDD it was weird, I just woke up one morning and had been completely changed over from diehard advanceshipper or contestshipper =D

What episode do you think has the most shipping hints in it?(Or the biggest hint)

SPONTANEOUS. COMBUSKEN.

I can recite that WHOLE episode!!! I've watched it like twenty times!!! It's amazing!!! =DDD It has so many hits its kinda scary. Oh, that and the whynaut episode. That one was pretty nice, too :3

~riolulu

O_O Already this thread has another page when I've been gone for only a day? xD Haha, that's great actually. Means the shipping's getting more fans! :D
Lol XD that prety much the same with me shippings are the only reason I watch the show now.
LOL xD
I can never get enough of those videos....I especially loved the second.:p
The one reason I hate MEP's is that they are too dang short! (I know they are supposed to be though) MEP's seem to have the best effects and songs but it sucks when they're only 20-50 seconds long.xD
The reason MEPs have so many effects is because most of the people who make them have Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. But yeah, they're addicting :)
Which Disney Movie does this couple remind you of?
Kovu and Kiara from The Lion King 2 & Belle and the prince from Beauty And the Beast. They mostly fight and argue at first but then become friends and eventually fall in love ^.^
How would May and Drew spend their dream summer?
o.o;;; I'd rather not say, lol xD
What shipping/couple (from any anime) reminds you most of Contestshipping? Why?
Kiba and Cheza from Wolf's Rain ^___^ Kiba's a bit of a loner like Drew is and May and Cheza are both good girls that are family-oriented.
What episode do you think has the most shipping hints in it?(Or the biggest hint)
Who, What, Where, When, Wynaut?
&
Spontaneous Combusken!
Oh! Oh! My turn! n_n
Have you supported a different pairing for May and Drew before going to contestshipping? (Ex: Advancedshipping and Belleshipping)
HELLZ NO! I looked recently at the Bulbapedia article on advancedshipping to see which pairing I'd prefer the most. I got so bored and ****** off reading it that I just told myself "Forget it! If this is boring and angering to me, I'm sticking with contestshipping!"
Although, BrokenRoseShipping looks like a cute alternative. Even though Urara reminds me so much of Amu that I think she'd be better off with Paul :p
LucarioRose made up the couple, here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrkbT8xN-Tg

Have you supported a different pairing for May and Drew before going to contestshipping? (Ex: Advancedshipping and Belleshipping)

Nope, Contestshipping was the first shipping I've ever supported (I was too little to understand or care when I was 5-6) and the reason I loved Pokemon again. Honestly, I hate Belleshipping, mostly fueled by my dislike for Dawn, my favorite character shall not go with one of my least favorites! Advanceshipping is okay, I don't like it at all really...I'm not totally against it because I can see how they do have hints, I just don't see the AshxMay relationship as possible as the MayxDrew relationship. (I think Ash and May have a more sibling-like relationship.) This isn't a Belle/Advance thread so I won't say anything else.xD

Something I like now though is Gossipshipping which is Drew and Solidad...X3
I don't know why I like it, in a weird way I can just see it happening I guess, and I think it's so cute. Too bad it has no fans behind it.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Ha, I was such a diehard advanceshipper that I actually hated Shuu for obviously having an attraction to Haruka. He was one of my least favorite characters for most of Advanced Challenge. Since I despised him, I didn't ship him with anyone. I would have gone for belle, but Dawn hadn't been invented back then [aah the good ol' days] So....yeah!

~riolulu

Contestgurl227

Have you supported a different pairing for May and Drew before going to contestshipping?
Ha I hate to admit it now but I was a advanceshipper first. I started watching pokemon again right when the advance season started and the first ep showed I was a advanceshipper but then contestshipping grew fast on me right when drew was brought into the picture. Sooner then I thought I was a hardcore Contestshipper. When D&P came I never ever thought about belleshipping EVER!! I mean its a crack pairing they are fun and everything but contestshipping is still #1 I made a contest vs belle amv a few weeks ago so if you want to check it out =D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbJq_z5OnY

Lol like everyone is saying the lion king 2 that is the first thing that somes to my mind XD but somthing else that comes to my mind is Lady and the Tramp XDD I have no idea why but it does =P

Last edited:
More people are replying to this thread, awesome. :)

Uhhh...I don't really know any disney couples that seem to fit them. I've seen Lion King 2 but not in a loooong time. Ooh, I'll say Aladdin and Jasmine because Aladdin has a purple vest/jacket thing! -shot- Just kidding...maybe.

I seriously don't know, so I'll just go with Kovu and Kiara. xD

I wanted to write (type?) this question down before I forgot it...

What could be some obstacles to a relationship between May and Drew?

I'll answer this later when I'm in the mood to think.

Contestgurl227

Uhhh...I don't really know any disney couples that seem to fit them. I've seen Lion King 2 but not in a loooong time. Ooh, I'll say Aladdin and Jasmine because Aladdin has a purple vest/jacket thing! -shot- Just kidding...maybe.

I seriously don't know, so I'll just go with Kovu and Kiara. xD

OMG XDDD thats what I was what I was thinking when I was writing my last responce XD no kid =p

Ok Ash was during the advance season but he is gone bibi ash XD the other thing is tho drews fangirls (LOL in the anime XDD) I mean if u looked at fan with a plan you could see how ****** off May got. Other then that nothing really but harley =P he provokes contestshipping but he also gets in the way DX

Glory_For_Sleep

Certified Schemer
Agh, now I wanna watch the second Lion King. Dx

-tries to dig the movie out of her closet-

Anyway...

Have you supported a different pairing for May and Drew before going to contestshipping?

Well, I tend to be very open-minded when it comes to shippings, and I don't mind shippings where Drew and May are paired with different people. However, I actually never thought of pairing them with different people before I started pairing them together. Hmm.

Something I like now though is Gossipshipping which is Drew and Solidad...X3
I don't know why I like it, in a weird way I can just see it happening I guess, and I think it's so cute. Too bad it has no fans behind it.

Hey, I actually like that pairing too. So you're not alone. Heh. :3

Ho-ohRocks201

Beyond the Rainbow~
*pokes out of hole* O_O I haven't been here in a LONG time.

Absolutley not. I'm a Pokeshipper at heart, so Contestshipping is my second love. :)

What Disney Movie does this couple remind you of?

Hmm...tough question. Probably AladdinxJasmine. I don't know.

That's all from me *straps on to jetpack and flies off*

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
I haven't been here for a while. Time to answer some topics I missed.
Nope I never really liked advance shipping. So contestshipping was perfect for me.

How did you get into Contestshipping?
I was rewatching the advanced generation, and the episode I was on was the first episode they introduced Drew. And I just played matchmaker after that. XD

Well since Ash left for Sinnoh he won't be a bother anymore. His crazy fangirls might try to stalk Drew. That's I can think of right now.

Chelc

Well, May seems to be one who bottles up her feelings when she's upset about something. Whenever May is feeling down, it'll be up to Drew to figure out why. He might not always be able to know why she's upset (like in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!), which could frustrate her, and probably cause some arguments. It might take her some time to be more open emotionally towards him.

Also, Drew is a pretty quiet and serious guy in general. Like, if they were to go to an amusement park, May would be the one riding all the rides, and Drew would be the one sitting on a bench or something, waiting until May is finished. I think May will have to teach Drew how to have some fun, lol, but I don't think it would be a serious problem. :p

As for other things, well, they are still rivals, right? Rivals can be friends, yes, but it would probably be even harder to have a relationship with your rival. No matter what they happen to be doing, whether they be in a Contest or whatever, they'll probably always be competing towards each other, striving to be better than the other person, because they've being doing it for so long now. Their rivalry has calmed down quite a bit, so I don't see it as a big problem, but it might be hard during the beginning stages of their relationship because of this.

Not really. I went through an Advanceshipping phase in early Battle Frontier because I wasn't sure if Drew would be back or not. I stopped liking it when Drew showed up again in On Cloud Arcanine.

I feel special! A Disney character that has my real name is being compared with May :D Sorry, had to say that... ^^;
I'll have to agree though. Although I haven't seen the movie in a while, I can compare Jasmine and Aladdin to May and Drew.
Ha I hate to admit it now but I was a advanceshipper first. I started watching pokemon again right when the advance season started and the first ep showed I was a advanceshipper but then contestshipping grew fast on me right when drew was brought into the picture. Sooner then I thought I was a hardcore Contestshipper. When D&P came I never ever thought about belleshipping EVER!! I mean its a crack pairing they are fun and everything but contestshipping is still #1 I made a contest vs belle amv a few weeks ago so if you want to check it out =D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbJq_z5OnY
Yeah, crack couples are fun! :D And yeah, I already saw that video ^^ All of your videos are awesome :D
Ok Ash was during the advance season but he is gone bibi ash XD the other thing is tho drews fangirls (LOL in the anime XDD) I mean if u looked at fan with a plan you could see how ****** off May got. Other then that nothing really but harley =P he provokes contestshipping but he also gets in the way DX
Agreed~
Well, May seems to be one who bottles up her feelings when she's upset about something. Whenever May is feeling down, it'll be up to Drew to figure out why. He might not always be able to know why she's upset (like in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!), which could frustrate her, and probably cause some arguments. It might take her some time to be more open emotionally towards him.
Also, Drew is a pretty quiet and serious guy in general. Like, if they were to go to an amusement park, May would be the one riding all the rides, and Drew would be the one sitting on a bench or something, waiting until May is finished. I think May will have to teach Drew how to have some fun, lol, but I don't think it would be a serious problem. :p
As for other things, well, they are still rivals, right? Rivals can be friends, yes, but it would probably be even harder to have a relationship with your rival. No matter what they happen to be doing, whether they be in a Contest or whatever, they'll probably always be competing towards each other, striving to be better than the other person, because they've being doing it for so long now. Their rivalry has calmed down quite a bit, so I don't see it as a big problem, but it might be hard during the beginning stages of their relationship because of this.
Can't argue with that. Actually, I've read a couple of fanfics that have those points and I could see it happening in the real anime too.
I agree with the main points that are used to answer this question. Ash and Harley are both obsticles but Harley is also an influence when he teases Drew and May about having a relationship. Fangirls aren't really that big of an issue since they were only mainly mentioned once in the series but I could be wrong :p
Also, Drew being bit of a loner while May is more friendly and happy-go-lucky could also make it a bit difficult, but considering how well they got along in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing, again, I could be wrong. Drew didn't flip his hair or flirt with May in that episode, he just talked to her and showed that he cared so she would feel better.
o.o I'd absolutely LOVE it if Dawn met Drew! She'll definitely play matchmaker and get May and Drew together! :D

I love how many people are replying to this thread, it proves the ship isn't dead.

Hey, I actually like that pairing too. So you're not alone. Heh. :3

Cool! I thought I was the only one who ever thought/knew about it and actually supported it. :)

Like others have said, being rivals could be an obstacle for them if they were dating or something like that at the time. Being a couple could be hard for them if they compete in contests or battle against each other and since both of them are competitive I think they would have to figure out what was more important to them: their dreams or their boy/girlfriend.

I don't really think personality would be that bad for them because as shown in parts of "Who, what, when, where, Wynaut?" Drew isn't always trying to be mature (I couldn't think of a good word...) because he seems genuinely happy around May and would probably lighten up and change his attitude pretty quick. But May and Drew like to keep things to themselves so that could be something bad if they never talked anything out.

I think Ash and Fangirls could be a bit of a problem because I'm thinking Drew would be jealous because May carries half of the ribbon around with her and May could get angry at or jealous of the fangirls because Drew gets a lot of attention from them and he seems nicer to them then her.

Chelc

I love how many people are replying to this thread, it proves the ship isn't dead.

Yeah, for a while, Kiori and I were trying to get more people to reply, since this thread used to be extremely active and we missed the activity. It was really dead for a while. ]= So it's great to see this thread active again! CONTESTSHIPPING LIVES ON.

As for the Ash and the ribbon, I'm not sure what would happen. Do you guys think May has shown Drew the ribbon and told him the story behind it? It kinda seems like she would keep it to herself, but who knows. Drew could possibly get a little jealous over it, because that's how he is. I'm sure if May explained to him that it was kind of like a friendship necklace type of thing, he would understand and forget about it - though if she brings it out before EVERY Contest, I could see him getting a little ticked off, lol.

I'd absolutely LOVE it if Dawn met Drew! She'll definitely play matchmaker and get May and Drew together! :D

Haha, I hope someday all of the coordinators meet in a huge Grand Festival or something, because it would be fun if Dawn met Drew. XD I can definitely see her as a fangirl or something like that, but I'm not sure if she'd like him for anything other than his performances. Dawn as a matchmaker for Drew and May? I'd love to see that. She was pretty pushy about Tonio and Alice's relationship in the tenth movie, yelling at Alberto about how Alice loved Tonio and not him, LOL. Maybe she could do something like that with Drew and May if anyone tried to come between them. =P

catzeye

Writer's Block
*pops out the bushes* Hello? Mind if I join the convo?

I'm Contestshipper (well duh XD) and I would really like to join in this discussion.

Contestgurl227

*pops out the bushes* Hello? Mind if I join the convo?

I'm Contestshipper (well duh XD) and I would really like to join in this discussion.

Hey yeah you can join!! Welcome n_n

Haha, I hope someday all of the coordinators meet in a huge Grand Festival or something, because it would be fun if Dawn met Drew. XD I can definitely see her as a fangirl or something like that, but I'm not sure if she'd like him for anything other than his performances. Dawn as a matchmaker for Drew and May? I'd love to see that. She was pretty pushy about Tonio and Alice's relationship in the tenth movie, yelling at Alberto about how Alice loved Tonio and not him, LOL. Maybe she could do something like that with Drew and May if anyone tried to come between them. =P
Omg that would be one epic grand festival XD I dont think she would be as fangirly for drew but I could see dawn doing that thing she did in the 10th movie that would be awesome!

catzeye

Writer's Block
Thanks!

Eh, no not really. I sort of thought Advancedshipping would work in the beginning but once I saw how Drew and May interacted that quickly flew out the window. I can't really see Drew or May with anybody else unlike other characters in who I can ship with at least 2 different people.

I don't think their rivalry will play a part since it has already been shown that they can compete against each other without too much difficulty. However I feel that other people may be obstacles. Harley and his antics could cause difficulties for anybody. Brianna (that girl obsessive over Drew) would also somewhat be in the way. She'd try to make Drew go out with her instead of May and cause a few cat fights along the way.

Last edited:

Glory_For_Sleep

Certified Schemer
Hey, guys!

Well, I have to agree with that one point about their rivalry possibly getting in the way. Then again, I also have to agree with the point that they probably wouldn't take their competitiveness as seriously as they did if it meant it could damage their relationship. It could all still create tension, however, but who knows for sure? -shrugs-

Oh, and I brought this topic back from the dead because I thought it'd be cool to answer:

What song reminds you of contestshipping and why?

Oh Arceus...there's a lot. If I had to go with one, though, I would probably choose "Favorite Disease" by Thousand Foot Krutch. It just reminds me of what CS would possibly be like if it was entirely from Drew's POV.

Just an observation...

Contestgurl227

Hey hey hey new peeps =DD welcomeness to the forum of awesomeness XDD

Oh Arceus...there's a lot. If I had to go with one, though, I would probably choose "Favorite Disease" by Thousand Foot Krutch. It just reminds me of what CS would possibly be like if it was entirely from Drew's POV.
I never heard that song I will have to check it out 8D

Wow thats a harder one there are a ton of songs that fit contestshipping but if I had to pick one I would say 'I'd lie' by taylor swift I mean for crying out loud have u heard the lyrics to that XD

Wow thats a harder one there are a ton of songs that fit contestshipping but if I had to pick one I would say 'I'd lie' by taylor swift I mean for crying out loud have u heard the lyrics to that XD

I think it's freaky how she wrote those lyrics along with the 'Teardrops' song. I swear, if I ever meet Taylor Swift my first question to her would be: 'Do you watch Pokemon?' and if she answers yes I'd ask: 'Are you a contestshipper?' The lyrics to some of her songs sound like such a description of Contestshipping that it's just scary.xD

Anyways, I'll answer the question...

Practically every song I hear reminds me of Contestshipping one way or another...even though it would definitely be an Anti-Contestshipping song I think "Just Like You" by Three Days Grace is fitting from both points of view. ex: There are lines saying how someone is "cold, ruthless" (could be insults towards Drew) and the other lines calling someone "weak, stupid" (insults that would more likely be pointed towards May)

That was the first one I came up with but I could probably relate 20-30 to CS if I went down my ipod songlist....

Status
Not open for further replies.