• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think we would see in the Hosos (if we got any) pertaining to May and Drew? What would you hate to see? Love to see? Would you like to see any recurring characters that can potentially prove beneficial for Contestshipping and provide hints? If so, who and what would you like to see them do?

I really right now just want to see them again, and Harley as well. <3 So it doesn't really matter to me, unless we don't see them again. D:

I would hate to see the writers drop the ship, like not even showing May and Drew like each other anymore. That would make me pretty upset. Why would they show Contestshipping so much, and then just drop it? That would tick me off. xD;

I would love to see them getting along better, but still having their little arguments. I would love them being totally sarcastic to each other, but also showing they like each other obviously. And maybe a kiss at the end...or at least a hug or some confession. xD

It might be cool to show Brianna again (even though I dislike her), she would definitely bring some more hints for us. Maybe she finally gave up on Drew, cause she realized she could never compete with May for Drew's love anyways. 8D

Woo, long answer for a long topic. xD

Fool's Hope

In God We Trust
What do you think we would see in the Hosos (if we got any) pertaining to May and Drew? What would you hate to see? Love to see? Would you like to see any recurring characters that can potentially prove beneficial for Contestshipping and provide hints? If so, who and what would you like to see them do?
Like Nathan and Mandi said, I would be very pleased with just seeing them again. As long as they keep the shippyness... The writers "dropping" the ship, like Mandi said, would... just suck. Suck rotten moldy eggs.

I'd like to see them teasing each other, arguing, getting along, teaming up against a bad guy... maybe a rose... some really nice, juicy hints...

As for recurring characters, I'd like to see Solidad, Brianna, and Harley. Solidad could "let slip" more interesting stuff about Drew and how perfect she thinks May is for him. 8D Brianna/Harley would bring hints just by being there basically...

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod

I think that we would, of course, see them in contests and possibly applying D/P contest elements to the contests that they are doing. I wonder how they'd handle that. I would hate to see rehashes of any previous episode, but I'd love to see some bickering although May and Drew's relationship has changed greatly since they have first met. I would love to see everyone again, from Wakana to Saori, and of course Harley. ;) I can imagine Saori getting us some good hints since she gave us some when her character was first introduced.

I wonder what would happen if Saori and Wakana met? :O

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
I wonder what would happen if Saori and Wakana met? :O

I think we would get Contesttiesshipping if they met. ^^ The name referring to the fact that they are both related to Contestshipping.

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3

I think what the writers would do is just basically have May competing in some contest and it woule be pure luck for us if our side characters were there xD If Drew wasn't I might just die. Assuming that he was, it would probuly be the same kind of relationship as before they left, with a little less argument and a little more friendship/romance =3

I'd HATE to see some fangirl thing. I hate the whole fangirl element for Drew which was blown way out of proportion. (keep in mind his 'fangirls' were like 30 year old mothers who adored him and a lot of other people)

I'd LOVE to see Harley and Soledad (festivalshipping, I think that's it =3) I think Soledad is totally loose canon and would just drop hints again. She basically spelled it out for May; but NO May couldn't understand sdfhsdga; rawr. Anyways, Harley and Soledad could form a team a 'get May and Drew to realize how stupid they are for not already being a couple' team. xD I think Soledad keeps Harley in line so he wouldn't try to kill May at the same time xDD ok enough ranting out of me, peace. =D

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
Hmmmm I'm not too sure. I don't know what we would see but I'd hate to see an episode where there are no hints at all. Recurring characters hmmm Harley definitely and yeah Brianna would certainly make it more interesting and so would Soledad. Harley would just try and do something evil as usual that would end up bringing out some CS hints but the other two I'm not sure about.

Encyclopika

The Queen
What do you think we would see in the Hosos (if we got any) pertaining to May and Drew?
Anything is possible, though in reality I'm banking on May coming back for a cameo like Misty did, but even that may be out of reach. (And even more intangible for her to mention anything shippy about her and Drew). As for Hosos, I think May would compete in a contest and Drew would just so happen to be there. =) Can't really say anything everyone else hasn't, but the point of the episode would be to: A) Show that the writers haven't completely dropped May like a brick (wtf them not mentioning her after Dawn is a coordinator! ><) B) To keep her fans up to date (how many ribbons? New Pokemon? new friends? how she's doing by herself?) and C) To show the other characters she took with her, and therefore there might be a shippy scene or some statement that makes us believe that May and Drew are still sailing CS. ^^

What would you hate to see?
I'd hate to see ONLY May (without Drew, especially). I think I'd feel...scammed. XD

Love to see?
As a CSer, I'd love to see them confess and all that crap, but to be realistic, just something shippy, something new...because honestly, that's all I really want. XD

Would you like to see any recurring characters that can potentially prove beneficial for Contestshipping and provide hints? If so, who and what would you like to see them do?
Harley would be nice. XDD

HelloKitty17 said:
I'd HATE to see some fangirl thing. I hate the whole fangirl element for Drew which was blown way out of proportion. (keep in mind his 'fangirls' were like 30 year old mothers who adored him and a lot of other people)
See, now that's the sort of plot I like. =P I like plots that include people who get in the way of a ship and are destined to fail at their initial point. >D Gives a lot of room for blushing, accidental confessions, jealousy, bickering even at this points int he ship's progress, and so on for the main ship being expressed. ^^ Cliche...perhaps at this point in fandom, but I for one think that it's the better of the cliche plots. XD

And now I found some fanart:
http://yorozu.main.jp/main/pokemon/illust/rafu03.jpg
http://yorozu.main.jp/main/pokemon/illust/top-02-01.jpg
http://yorozu.main.jp/main/pokemon/illust/top04.jpg

http://yorozu.main.jp/main/pokemon/lovepower.manu.htm

Last edited:

Medea

Excalibur
What do you think we would see in the Hosos (if we got any) pertaining to May and Drew?
Either them in a contest or the writers slack off until the Johto Grand Festival. Or hopefully another episode where May saves Drew's butt!

Another episode where it comes down to the two of them battling each other. I'm getting rather sick of it. Another thing is the rose! I want more from Drew! And finally, I don't want Drew to have another mood swing during the GF. He had one during Hoenn and a BIG one in Kanto, so something different come Johto GF.

Love to see?
More Contestshipping hints duh! And a butt saving moment like in the Wynaut episode.

Would you like to see any recurring characters that can potentially prove beneficial for Contestshipping and provide hints? If so, who and what would you like to see them do?
Harley, Brianna, and Solidad! Those three since it would be drama-tastic to see them (shipping wise).

Latias Eevee

Latias in glasses
I guess a contest...though it would be nice if they made an entire spin-off series (like how Megaman and Digimon have several different spin-offs) for May and Drew...

Harley/someone messing up a sweet moment/acting waaay too weird

Love to see?
Some sort of confession, even if it's only in the mind

Solidad and Brianna. Not sure with Solidad, but Brianna could confess her love and Drew would, as kindly as possible, turn her down, saying he likes someone else...then she hits the nail on the head by asking "Is it May?"

Rebeccag

Probably a contest but it would be good to see a Johtoi spin off
Another girl for Drews affections like a *****y type of girl who is horrible to May

Love to see?
Harley ^_^ and some new signs even an hug would be nice

Yep erm Solidad and harley def and Solidad would do all her "hint hint" things like she did in the Kanto GF and she knows something is up with Drew because he was the 1 to ask her to give the rose to May and Harley would mess up all the moments like he does or imply something

Alopec

Still Dreaming...
Hm, I dunno... it could be a contest, but something tells me the writers wouldn't want to take attention away from Dawn's contests... =\ So maybe some other plotline that features the three/four of them (May, Drew, Harley, and possibly Solidad.) But who knows?

Those jealousy-type plotlines. I can't stand them, and I'm glad nothing like that ever happened with contestshipping.

Love to see?
I'm with Nathan; I would love to just see them together again on the same screen, period. It'd also be nice for the writers to still acknolwedge that the ship exists somewhat, even if they only make a small reference. It'd be sad if they just dropped it.

Harley and Solidad, for sure. With Harley, well, just typical Harley stuff, basically. xD It'd be awesome if Brianna was in Johto as well; just imagine how much fun an episode featuring the 5 of them would be. Sadly I don't think that's too likely, but it's nice to think about. ^^

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I haven't posted here in nearly 1 1/2 years!

What would I like/love to see in Hosos if we get any? Hate to see?
What I would like - or even love - to see, above all, is that May and Drew confess their love. If they don't do that in a hoso, I would like to see it happen in a movie. What I would hate to see, however, is no [SPOIL]kinky action between the 2 - we need that in order for the hoso/movie to be perfect.[/SPOIL]

Harley for sure, he can drive a lot of jealousy into Drew - I don't think he (Drew) would want May to have feelings for anyone other than him (Drew, again).

The next 2 questions are lifted from the Pokeshipping thread.

If either of them died saving the other, how would you feel?
I would feel horrible and sad. I would really hate to see only one of them die without having their love requited. A terrible fate to befall someone.

If one tried to save the other and both end up dying, how would you feel?
I'd feel sad again, seeing as 2 of my favorite characters are dead. But at the same time, I'd be happy, because May and Drew would still have each other, in the Great Contest Hall in the Sky.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
I'd feel sad again, seeing as 2 of my favorite characters are dead. But at the same time, I'd be happy, because May and Drew would still have each other, in the Great Contest Hall in the Sky.

Me: At least they will be buried next to each other. That way they can spend forever with each other. If they aren't, I have a shovel. ;)

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
I'd think awwww romantic but yay angst at the same time. I'd prefer it if Drew died saving May though.

I'd be sad but at least in a way it would be romantic...and angsty.

I don't think we have to worry about those two topics though since that only happens in fanfics.

Well I find scenes like that to be so romantic. It just shows how much the person cared for the other, and so that would show either May or Drew cares about the other very much (which is pretty obvious anyways.) And I agree with MayShuufan, I'd rather have Drew die trying to save May's life. I just find it even more cute if the guy tried to save the girl's life. Plus, we already saw May in a deadly struggle to save Drew in the Wynaut episode, so yeah. And I want to see if Drew would actually sacrifice his own life for someone else. xD

This could have happened in the Wynaut episode if Pokemon wasn't such a cheesy kid show. xD

But anyways, I would be sad, because both the characters from my favorite shipping would be dead. D: But I would also be happy for them caring about each other, trying to save one another. You know.

Fool's Hope

In God We Trust
If either of them died saving the other, how would you feel? If one tried to save the other and both end up dying, how would you feel?
I would hitch hike to Japan and do illegal things to the person who decided that that was a good idea. >=F

On a serious note: one of them dying to save the other would show how much they cared, but... geez, that would just be too sad... Same with both of them dying... Waaaay too much sad stuff for my taste. I like the stories where the meant-to-be couple lives happily-ever-after. XD

shadow espeon96

im as old as PKMNUSA
I'd be in tears because of the romance, and no more seeing the character(may or Drew)

If one tried to save the other but both end up dying, what would you do?
Well, one of them won't at least be grieving for the other.But i'd still be in tears.
The writer's better not make a driftloon with they're souls then!!!

Fofa

Thunder Trainer

Another good question to go along with that would be: Would that person be able to move on, or love someone else? With Drew surviving, I kinda doubt it.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Another good question to go along with that would be: Would that person be able to move on, or love someone else? With Drew surviving, I kinda doubt it.

Well, if May or Drew died, then the other person would be stuck in a rut. Afterall, May and Drew built up a unique relationship that would be quite difficult to reproduce with another person. Therefore, either May or Drew would be in this hold-over stage of trying to make the adjustment to the fact that their partner is now gone.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm going to put a little extension on my "If one tried to save the other but both end up dying, what would you do?"

If they both die, what music would you want played at their funeral?
For me, I would say "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by the metal band Poison. Roses are an important factor in Contestshipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.