• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Riolulu? Do you mean Johto? Or really Kanto?

What did I say?? Yeah, I meant Jhoto...sorry bout that!

What do you think Drew's reaction was to May's costume change? Or, uh... What do you think his reaction was to her contest dress? (I distinctly remember a certain fanart!)

omg omg omg the first thing I thought when I saw her contest outfit was "too much skin...the guys must be going craaazy!!!" I can picture Drew practically drooling over her when she asks him 'how do I look?' he'd be like "eh...uh...g-great, May!" and she'd be like "Drew? Are you nervous? It's not like you to get nervous before a contest...are you okay?" and he'd be like, "I'm fine May! *blushhhh*"

eheheeehhhehe

fufufufufufuf

=D

~riolulu

ash_1518

What do you think Drew's reaction was to May's costume change? Or, uh... What do you think his reaction was to her contest dress?

I imagine that he would be momentarily speachless. then he will comment on how he believes that she doesnt take Coordinating seriously or something. but secretly he would be drooling all over her whilst wondering why he was doing so in the first place!!! ;-)

seadra147

THIS IS PING!!
Drew kept sending May roses. That's undeniable evidence that they're in love. That's why I'm a contestshipper!

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Welcome, ash_1518 and seadra147!

Ima post a new topic:

If May and Drew were to go to Disney World, what would happen?

like, where would they go, what rides would they go on, what kind of hotel would they stay in, that kind of thing.

~riolulu

AmberFire284

Oh, riiiiight!
Hi ash_1518 and seadra147!

Guys, I am completely astounded to our efforts in keeping this alive! (Sarcasm)

Right, to answer my question:

What do you think Drew's reaction was to May's costume change? Or, uh... What do you think his reaction was to her contest dress?

... I think his reaction would be priceless. Maybe he'd accompanied her buying it, too. But I won't get my hopes up...

They'd... have fun? Maybe they'd get lost? and teasing? And fun? (This isn't working... ^^;;)

bookwormx

The one and only!
For the record, Shuu has not given Haruka so much as a single rose. He has, however, given several to her Agehanto. :)
Actually, I think that he is actually giving them to Hakura/May and is only using Beautifly as an excuse to give them to her.

CONTESTSHIPPING!!!!
(sorry about that)

anyway.....................

do you see may and drew getting married?

Oh good goodness. I've been a very bad ContestShipper, away for so long.

Now, this thread has been really, really, inactive (blame me for some of that), so maybe we should think about re-starting it? It would be good because we'd get a fresh new start, it'd be more organised and hopefully more active too. (The advanceshipping thread re-started, and it is going well as far as I have seen.) So that might be something for us to consider.

Otherwise...

Do you see May and Drew getting married?

If anyone gets married, it's going to be them. ContestShipping has to be the single most canon ship in the whole anime (many of the PokeShipping hints were dub-added: Misty was crazy about Ash, while Kasumi was just so-so, according to what I've heard.)

So yes, I can see them getting married.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Welcome back!

To be honest, I'm not keen on a thread restart... ^^; We'd lose all that history, and it's not as if new Contestshippers need to read the thread from the beginning if they want to join in. I don't think restarting would make it any more active or organised. I'm not sure why it's important to be 'more active' in here anyway; all that usually results in is people making spammy topics. Posts made just because there's nothing to talk about usually aren't worth reading.

Now to prove myself right, here are some spammy topics. :p

Would May and Drew's relationship change for the better or worse if they stopped being rivals?

and

Is it normal for you to prefer a canon pairing like Contestshipping, or is this ship an aberration for you? What traits does this ship have in common with the other kinds of pairings you ship (if any)?

(edited to rephrase)

Last edited:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Would May and Drew's relationship change for the better or worse if they stopped being rivals?

um...if they stopped being rivals would they even see eachother? Well, if they stopped being rivals then that means either one of them quit coordinating, or they just signed a truce. If it's that first one, then for the worse. Whoever quit would get yelled at and suer pep-talked by the other. If that second one happened, then for the better. They would've decided just to help eachother and play fair on the contest stage. Maybe go out for lunch on sundays -_^

I don't think that we should do this topic because it's not contestshipping, so therefor it is off-topic, so therefor it is SPAM: Besides Contestshipping, do you tend to ship canon or fanon pairings?

anywayzzz...

yeshhhhhhhh. :) They will marry at about 22 or 23. Lots of pale green flowers. LOTS of pale green flowers can be seen by me. [i can see into the future. =D]

~riolulu

Last edited:

Rebeccag

Good point. I mean i think it would change if they stopped being rivals as they wouldnt have anything to argue about ^_^. But also if they stopped being rivals they could also tell each other about their strong or weak points without one or the other thinking they were undermaming them

Is it normal for you to prefer a canon pairing like Contestshipping, or is this ship an aberration for you? What traits does this ship have in common with the other kinds of pairings you ship (if any)?

I just support any pairing that might have good signs that they like each other. But i supose i support the pairings that fight with each other i.e ;Pokeshipping, Ikari and Penguinshipping

It'd change for the worse, UNLESS they started working TOGETHER in couple contests or something. That would be cute, and we'd still get the arguments... but...

I think rivals are better.

Yup, I usually ship canon-ish ones. IkariShipping is the first ship I have ever supported that doesn't have a big chance of happening in the anime (fingers crossed it does XX) anyway, I get more enjoyment out of watching ships with cute moments, and most of the time those are the ones that end up happening.

Oh yes. We shouldn't re-start the thread. Lots of history...

Alright everyone, let's try and make it to page 1000!! :D

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
I see that I know a few people here ^^ I wonder why I haven't posted here since I'm also a big Contestshipper oO
Anyway I'll try to post here often ^^

Hum__ it'd change for the better if they can, like, keep the fact that their relationship enables them to progress as people and as coordinators. You know, change their rivalry into something less "violent" , they can still keep this kinda competition between us but leave the fights out xD

Err I would have shipped CS even if it wasn't canon I think xD I like to ship people who have imo chemistry. I remember that I became a contestshipper the first time I saw May and Drew together and I didn't even know if it was canon or not. I think it's the chemistry thing which makes me love a ship or not, that's why I'm a die-hard Ikarishipper, I don't hate Pearl or Penguin but to me, Dawn and Paul have this little "something'" that she doesn't have with Ash or Kenny ^^ (And I'm already a Pokéshipper and a Shootdownshipper anyway xD)

@Zishan I'll translate it for ya =P
May et Drew sont d'éternel rivaux et leur relation ne fait que augmenter pendant leur voyage ?
"May and Drew are eternal rivals and their rivalry grows along their journey through Johto" 8D I think xD

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper

I can like a pairing whether it's canon or not. Whether it's 100% or 0.001% certain, I put people together based on chemistry, etc. and not just because they happen to know each other or it "seems like they should be" just because you want your favorite character paired with someone (and it doesn't really matter who it is) ;) I have to feel that "pull." Don't know how to explain it. I also support Pokeshipping and Rocketshipping.

AmberFire284

Oh, riiiiight!
We LIVE! Yay!

1000 pages? Might take a while. But we can try!

To answer topics that have popped out overnight like mushrooms (that's a good thing, I swear, it means we live!)...

Um, I ship all sorts of pairings, even in other animes. In fact, I don't really care if it's fanon or canon. I suppose it would have some similarities with other ships, that they do complete each other... By this, I mean that most of the time, I like pairings that can get along when the going gets tough but might not get along as well otherwise. I can occasionally stand perfect ships, but I like the little flaws.

There are exceptions, but not this one... though most of the ships I support are hopeless cases or something.

Would I sound cliche if I say their relationship always changes? I don't think they ever will truly stop being rivals. I just can't see it any other way.

Um, yes. I can see Drew hyperventilating beforehand (second thoughts? Nah), oh yes. I can see May squealing over her dress. And I see Roselia tossing flower petals (and maybe, Roselia's teasing Drew, too...) And lots of pretty pretty roses.

Last edited:

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Welcome back!

To be honest, I'm not keen on a thread restart... ^^; We'd lose all that history, and it's not as if new Contestshippers need to read the thread from the beginning if they want to join in. I don't think restarting would make it any more active or organised. I'm not sure why it's important to be 'more active' in here anyway; all that usually results in is people making spammy topics. Posts made just because there's nothing to talk about usually aren't worth reading.

Now to prove myself right, here are some spammy topics. :p

and

(edited to rephrase)

Hmm. As the original creator of this thread, I wouldn't mind doing the extra work to put the links and info stuff as long as everyone else pitches in nor would I mind if anyone else wanted to restart the thread. But I get where Jo's coming from, and it is true that new CSers don't have to read the whole thread and then post, since we're not having heated discussions for the last few hundred pages (actually way more I guess, but since I've been away from this thread for so long . . . *shot* I'M SORRY ='<). That being said, I guess it really comes down to what the majority wants. ;P (no, not pointing at you Jo. XD; I just want to give my two cents to anyone who have brought this up in the past and are still here :x) Now to answer the topics above:

(a) I doubt they'll ever stop seeing each other as rivals. Seeing as how their career is the same, unless one of them gives in, they'll never change (except for romance here and there << >>). Though, imo, even if one of them "retires", it'll be when they get married, but I doubt the "mini" competition between the two will ever stop regardless.

(b) Based from my own experience, half the time I end up supporting couples that end up being non-canon. Disappointed, but there's nothing I can do if they don't end up together. ;_; But the characteristics that this ship have in common with the ships I tend to support the most is the fact that there's always comedic/sweet teasing involved in the relationship. Half the guys I end up supporting are usually on the innocent/sweet and a bit on the dark side. The other half, is prolly just the opposite of Shuu so that isn't relevant in this answer of mine. =P

Last edited:

Ho-ohRocks201

Beyond the Rainbow~
*sticks head in* Can I join in?

Anyways, I love Contestshipping!

Well, maybe May would drag Drew on something, and they watch the fireworks, and maybe (maybe!) May will slump onto Drew's shoulder X3

Anyways, here is a topic, (if it has been put up srry)

Let's say that May and Drew won't get together. Who would actually drive them to admit they like each other?

For me, it'd be Harly! He is always teasing Drew and May! X3

Status
Not open for further replies.