• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
As Riolulu said, in "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing." They were discussing their battle styles - and this is also when Drew mentioned that he was going to Johto.

Whoops. The dub title totally threw me off. =P Sorry about that. I'm so not used to the dub title - definitely mixed it up with the other epi~ =_=; Thanks for pointing me out in the right direction. ^^;

She never really exploded, but she did get defensive and she is very sensitive around the topic. A good example would be in 'Hi Ho Silver Wind' when, after Harley exclaims that there's romance going on between May and Drew, she huffs up in his face and whines "Harleeey!!"

Another good example would be in "Spontaneous Combusken" when a co-ordinator accuses May of liking Drew. May goes very quiet and shy, and says "I guess I never really thought about it..." - I would call that sensitive. I'm sorry Kiori, and I don't mean to be rude either, but perhaps you should check your own information before accusing somebody else.

If you've read so much shoujo manga/anime, you would know that her defensiveness and sensitivity wouldn't be so much in comparison to that - most of the time; at the very least, that is for me. Speaking of which, shouldn't that be a good example for elaboration? ;D I mean, if someone takes it a wrong way like I did, shouldn't the examples you provided be able to clarify some of the misunderstandings? Hrm. If some people just elaborate on these things, we should be fine. << *runs*

Tadashi

kiss my greens
ooh ooh mememememe, I am!! *flails*

ContestShipping is my 2nd favorite pairing in Pokemon ;D (fave is PalletShipping, in case anyone cares.)

Pretty much the only reason I watched the Hoenn series was for ContestShipping =D Favorite moment was the episode when he gave her a flower... while her mommy was standing 2 feet away! =O

I'd love to know more about their contest adventures in Johto ^^ Because we all know there's excellent stories to be told!

It's nice to meet all of you & see your thoughts & opinions! =3

EDIT

Everyone said:
Better run before them mods catch on to your double post there.

Well, you better run before the mods catch your TRIPLE post ;D

Last edited:

Ho-ohRocks201

Beyond the Rainbow~
Umm, since I think there is no topic I'm gonna post one! ^.^

If May ever found out her feelings about Drew, would she go tell someone else first?

Personally, I think she'd tell Ash, but he wouldn't get it, so she'd tell someone else, like, for example, Misty? They seem close! :D

If you've read so much shoujo manga/anime, you would know that her defensiveness and sensitivity wouldn't be so much in comparison to that - most of the time; at the very least, that is for me.

You are so right. I've never read any shoujo manga... and haven't seen much shoujo anime. I guess the defensiveness and sensitivity in there would be a whole lot more obvious than in Pokemon. ^_^

Also, welcome Tadashi! Everyone's so active in here, I think I need to get my act together and come more.

If May ever found out her feelings about Drew, would she go tell someone else first?

If she told anyone, it would probably be Ash. They're good friends and they understand each other. Plus, Ash is so thick that he might be the only person that doesn't already know. ;)

I don't see any sense in telling anybody else, unless she got a new friend/rival in Johto that she could talk to easily.

ash_1518

For some reason I believe that if she found out her feelings for Drew, she would first try to go to Ash for advice. I feel that there is a brotherly connection between May and Ash. They care for each other alot just like a brother and sister would. Of course after when she figures out how goddamn stupid and dense Ash is she will got to Solidad for advice. XD!

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Well, I think she would call Dawn and tell her first. I mean, it's not the easiest thing for a girl to go up to a guy and say "hey I like this guy! ^_^" that's just not really what I can see...So I think she would go to Dawn. Then they would talk about it forever. I can see Dawn at the pokémon center, screaming into the phone "TELL HIM TELL HIM TELL HIM NAAOOOO" And Ash walks by and is just like "Cool it, Dawn!" and Dawn's like "Ash, get over herrrrreeee" So she pulls him over and is just like "May here likes Drew and WONT TELL HIM!!!! she should tell him, right?????" Poor Ash...poor Dawn...May would be mad at Dawn for screaming it to the world. =D

~riolulu

Rebeccag

Maybe Solidad but maybe she would be too embarrased. LOL imagine if she told Harley. Probably Dawn if she had to tell somebody and i wouldnt see her telling Ash as you know what hes like over romance lol

ash_1518

i seem to disagree with all of you guys ^^. i

I can imagine that she will go to him since she is like a sister to him (imo). however she then remembers how thick and dense he is about love the moment she starts to talk to him about it. She takes a note from misty's book and wacks Ash around the head because of his stupidity then she goes to Solidad for advice since she is the one who knows Drew the best.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Permission by Chelc:

Everyone said:
Better run before them mods catch on to your double post there.

Tadashi said:
Well, you better run before the mods catch your TRIPLE post ;D

Stop mini-modding. ¬¬ If you spot something, just report it to the mods as they know the difference between accidental multi-posting and true multi-posting.

Now back to topic~

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
lol the hypocrisy makes me lol. Sadly. PM a mod if there's any problem. Don't suffice to mini-modding because you will get a warning/infraction for it.

But I can imagine May trying to tell Ash. xD I agree with what ash_1518 said. She'd eventually go to Misty (assuming they got to know each other better). And if not that, probably Soledad and maybe she'll slip it to her mother since she knew from the beginning (a la Grand Festival, anyone?).

AmberFire284

Oh, riiiiight!

Her mommy seems to know something's up! But, she'd probably feel awkward talking to her mom about it. So maybe Solidad, who she seems to look up to and who seems to know about Drew and supports it (And drops hints). Or Misty, who May seems to (Mirage Kingdom eps) admire. Or Dawn, who might seem to be more dependable in the love department than Misty is. (Harley, though an amusing idea, is unlikely for me.)

-beautifly-

I dont know it depends, if she's around her parents maybe she'd go and tell one of them but if she's not I dont think she would. I think the first person she would tell is Drew!

Dawn's Paul

bad hair day...

I dont know it depends, if she's around her parents maybe she'd go and tell one of them but if she's not I dont think she would. I think the first person she would tell is Drew!

Yes she will.
In fact, I can even try to imagine how she'd put it...

To Ash: "Well, you can give up hope on me already! I'm going off with Drew, so don't bother me anymore! Byez!"

To Brock: "Thank you for taking care of me all this time. But I think it's time you go look for a proper gf. Not flirt 'round."

Last edited:

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums

I don’t think so, I mean if it were like telling them just to tell them. She doesn’t seem like the type of person that would immediately go tell someone the moment she figured it out. She’s always come across as shy I think with her personal feelings that way.

However I do think she might tall to someone she trusts somewhat (or at least thinks she does) when she really needs advice and doesn’t know what to do, probably another girl like Dawn, Misty, or Soledad. And maybe if she where really really really desperate she might break down and talk to Brock. (Because I don’t think she has that much faith in him to know what to do after the way he’s acted.) Her family’s complicated. After her mom embarrassed her I think she might be a bit hesitant to talk about it, her dad would be awkward, and her brother has blabbed enough of her personal life to everyone already.

I can say she’d better hope Harley doesn’t find a way to get it on tape if she does talk to anyone. ;)

Last edited:

Magicute

KKIIIIIIIIIIIII...!!
I think May because she's
more reliable than Dawn.:/

I think May because she's
more reliable than Dawn.:/
Magicute, I dont quite get qhat you're trying to say

Yes, probably her mom or anyone out there who has experience in love, and as a girl she would spread it to anyone she has contact with like wildfire

Chelc

Guys, try to elaborate on your answers - some of them are borderline spam. Thanks.

Imo, she'd go to Soledad, if anyone. She probably wouldn't want to talk to her mom about it because she'd have to call her at a Pokemon Center and that's just too public - plus, she'd end up embarrassing her big time. :s She could call up Misty or even Dawn but I think she'd rather go to someone who is actually 1) there in Johto with her, 2) who is a girl and 3) who could probably give her good advice/be happy and there for her throughout the whole thing. I can't really see her blurting it out accidentally unless she's in an argument of some kind - otherwise, she keeps her thoughts to herself. :x

[IMG139]http://i35.*******.com/21ade6e.gif[/IMG139]

Status
Not open for further replies.