• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Well, since I saw no one posting this so far, might as well~ ;3

[IMG139]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6227/466bb8.gif[/IMG139]
Credit: http://teppo.pepper.jp/

If May ever found out her feelings about Drew, would she go tell someone else first?

I think she'd keep it to herself first. XD; She probably wants to sort out how to "accept" her feelings for him before going to someone. XD; After sometime, I can then see her going to one of her girl friends or her mom for advice on what she should do / act around him. Imo, I'd love to see that happening in the anime if the animators gives a go at it~ Maybe boring, but at least I get my CS moments (which has long been an empty hole ever since May left for Johto) &(!) more hints from May's side~

Last edited:

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
^ Nice picture! :)

OK, I'm gonna add this question I made for the Pokeshipping forum:

If you could put May and Drew in any movie, what would it be? Would they be main characters, or side characters? What would they be doing?

Basically, I mean would you think to put them in a Toy Story-esque movie, "living playthings" from a child's room that goes on an epic adventure? Maybe something more Ghostbusters where they play members of the group, or "Tully" and Janine, and fight some paranormal evil? Would they be more suited for a romantic comedy like You've Got Mail? I hope this isn't confusing ^^;;

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
If May ever found out her feelings about Drew, would she go tell someone else first?

I'm not sure that she would. I don't know if this is the show or just me over-romanticising, but I feel as though the May/Drew relationship kind of exists in a world of its own sometimes. Outsiders might not be able to fully understand all the complexities. Or maybe a better way of putting it is that May knows Drew is her problem, and has resigned herself to that fact. :p If she realises her feelings, it might not even occur to her to unburden them on someone else. I can see her trying to grill Solidad for information on how Drew feels about her, though, and giving the game away in the process. (Solidad-the-worst-secret-keeper-evah will of course call Drew up as soon as she's left the room and tell him everything, because that's what slightly evil best friends do.)

Having said that, IF May told someone else she liked Drew just to get the secret off her chest... maybe her best bet is Harley. Obviously this is a made-up situation in which May has substantial dirt on Harley and he can't tell Drew lest she go nuclear with the blackmailing, but Harley might be a good confidant because a) he's spent the most time with the two of them together, and b) he'll tell her the harsh honest truth. May doesn't have any close girlfriends who she could comfortably talk to, I can't see her confessing to Ash, Max or Brock, and I wasn't kidding about Solidad being the worst secret-keeper evah, so Harley might be the best option.

Also it's the funniest option, which is the real reason I'm nominating him. ;)

If you could put May and Drew in any movie, what would it be? Would they be main characters, or side characters? What would they be doing?

I'd probably want them to have similar roles to the ones they have in the show - so side characters, with the romance going on as a subplot, not as the main storyline. Ideally with an action/adventure bent, but I wouldn't mind a mystery or a romcom either.

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
hey. i finally found the contestshipping thread! yay! so yeah, im new to this and... yeah ^^"

well, i doubt she'd tell Ash (to dense) or Max (i mean, hes her brother...) maybe she'd tell Brock, after all, he is the oldest. although he's track record for good love advice isnt very good xD maybe Solidad, since shes a good friend of Drew's, and also seems pretty good at that kind of stuff. Other than that, I can't think of anyone else.

I-Heart-Richie

Whew!! I haven't been up here in soo long, sorry fellow Contestshippers!

I think I would want them to be the main characters. I would want the movie to be like those movies that spawn off of tv shows. (The ones where the two best friends like each other in the show but they don't comment on it and then in the movie some crazy thing happens and then they finally are able to show their feelings.) Think maybe like "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" or something?? I know there's more types of movies like this but I can't think of them at the moment. Does this make sense?

Dawn's Paul

bad hair day...

Yeah, prolly her mum.

And she'll go:
Now, I think that's the first time I heard anything wise out of your mouth - go for it girl! Much better than being with the dimwit Ash - Drew's a veteran! (He probably is one IMO)

Or Brock. He'll say:
Well, that's good. Ash is a dimwit in my humble opinion, anyway - don't tell him. He doesn't know a good thing (read girl) when he sees one! He's far too smitten with Misty!

OK. That was WAY TOO RANDOM.

Anyways, anyone notices that Drew and May's Japanese names mean Autumn and Spring respectively?

Drew's Japanese name: Shuu - Autumn
May's Japanese name: Haruka (Haru - Spring, Haruka - Spring-fragance)

Anyways, I've been studying Chinese culture for a bit, and we're on the Spring and Autumn Annals - which lends its name to our current topic for this term: Spring and Autumn Period. Apparently,
In early China, "spring and autumn" was a commonly used metonymy for the year as a whole
(from wikipedia)

This then got me thinking - Drew and May complement each other, make each other whole.

THEN I found this.
http://shfes5.web.fc2.com/top.html
This is a Contestshipping fansite.

This can't be a coincidence, can it?
Go on, discuss!

AmberFire284

Oh, riiiiight!
Is it really a ContestShipping fansite? I think I read Autumn, courtesy of the Mid-Autumn festival, I can recognize that, and I think I read Spring... Oh. Wait. The Spring-Autumn annals? Is that around the time Confucius was born? Because in Chinese, Chun qiu shi dai (apparently) is 'Chronicle historical events in feudal China (722-484 BC)'... I know about Haruka's name, but does Shuu really mean autumn? I didn't know that... I thought autumn was aki? Plus the text shows up as odd characters to me...

New topic!

Who do you think is leading in terms of ribbons, and do you think the person who is leading is rubbing it in? If so, for what reason?

Did that make sense? I'll answer later...

Rebeccag

Who do you think is leading in terms of ribbons, and do you think the person who is leading is rubbing it in? If so, for what reason?

I think Drew is but I think hes got 4 so only 1 more than May. And yeah i think hes rubbing it in lol because well hes just Drew lol

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
sweetpikachu- hey^^ sure u can join! -throws a bunch of contestshipping stuff to you-

Drew, no doubt. He's always in front of May (poor her, lol) And I'm guessing he's rubbing it in pretty good xD Just cause he things May is cute when she's annoyed ;)

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
sweetpikachu- hey^^ sure u can join! -throws a bunch of contestshipping stuff to you-

Drew, no doubt. He's always in front of May (poor her, lol) And I'm guessing he's rubbing it in pretty good xD Just cause he things May is cute when she's annoyed ;)

Hey thanks! I also think that Drew kinda rubs his ribbons in Mays face =D
Hey, how about this topic?

What episode do you think has the most Contestshipping hints?

Me, I would say Who What Where Wynaut I love the scene where they grab
eachothers hands. It's so cute!!

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Well, since I saw no one posting this so far, might as well~ ;3

[IMG139]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6227/466bb8.gif[/IMG139]
Credit: http://teppo.pepper.jp/

Gosh, I love Teppo's fanart.

Anyways, anyone notices that Drew and May's Japanese names mean Autumn and Spring respectively?

Drew's Japanese name: Shuu - Autumn
May's Japanese name: Haruka (Haru - Spring, Haruka - Spring-fragance)

Anyways, I've been studying Chinese culture for a bit, and we're on the Spring and Autumn Annals - which lends its name to our current topic for this term: Spring and Autumn Period. Apparently,(from wikipedia)

This then got me thinking - Drew and May complement each other, make each other whole.

THEN I found this.
http://shfes5.web.fc2.com/top.html
This is a Contestshipping fansite.

This can't be a coincidence, can it?
Go on, discuss!

Hmm. That is interesting. I can see how May and Drew relate to one another like that. They seem to fit the seasons if you think about it. It really works out. That site is interesting, ShuuHaru School Festival 5. Heh. I guess fans outside Japan don't really go there due to the lack of fanart (well there wasn't any that I could find).

Though are you saying Haruka as a whole means Spring-fragrance or that Haru means Spring and Ka can mean fragrance? I know Haruka as one word means like far away, distant, far off, and stuff, so is that another translation for it? Curious.

Thanks for the info, this inspired me look up the meanings for everyone to see.

Shuu (Definition)

Haruka (Definiton)

Shuu (Read from Kanji)

Haruka (Read from Kanji)

Is it really a ContestShipping fansite? I think I read Autumn, courtesy of the Mid-Autumn festival, I can recognize that, and I think I read Spring... Oh. Wait. The Spring-Autumn annals? Is that around the time Confucius was born? Because in Chinese, Chun qiu shi dai (apparently) is 'Chronicle historical events in feudal China (722-484 BC)'... I know about Haruka's name, but does Shuu really mean autumn? I didn't know that... I thought autumn was aki? Plus the text shows up as odd characters to me...

Yeah it's Contestshipping, on this page http://shfes5.web.fc2.com/index.html down at the bottom it says Nintendo and so forth, and right above it in the brackets it says Pocket Monsters, so it's them. ^ ^ You're right about aki.

aki [IMG139]http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e/FG=r/jap/%bd%a9?TR[/IMG139]
(n-t) autumn; fall;

I looked, it seems the Kanji fall can be read as both shuu or aki toki for fall. I guess there's two ways of doing it (with the On and Kun readings) like how fall and autumn mean the same thing.

If the text doesn't show up everything you could always try Google translator or something to help (but be warned it it's perfect and can mess some things up), because it used to do that to me too before I started using another computer. ^ ^

Drew, that's what I got from the episode that just aired. She said that Drew and Harley were always beating her, that she was looking for a fresh start. She also said something about having rough times too iirc. So what I got is that he's ahead of her. That my interpetation. Is he rubbing it in? It depends on the situatuion. If she put out all her effort or if Harley's involved then I don't think so, he might cut her some slack or spend his time being PO'ed at Harley. If she's sulking or he didn't think she did her best then yeah. They say that real motivation can help and anger is a good motivator, plus he likes seeing her angry, I think he think's she looks cute like that. It gives him his kicks.

Pokemon Contest! Yuzuhira Convention! Hands down. He blushes about her him giving her roses, he blushes when they talk and Roselia teases him, Wakana point blank asks her if she loves him and she blushes and doesn't really deny it, and then she blushes in the beach scene which no one outside of Contestshipping has ever found another explanation for. It's one of the shippyest episodes in all of Pokemon. The episodes PWNS. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
sweetpikachu- np^^

Who What Where When Wynaut I guess. I mean, the whole ep was dedicated to them^^

That gave me an idea for a new topic:

What episode is your favorite for Contestshipping? Explain.
The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing (I think... I watch in Japanese^^") no doubt. I love the ending when they're together and Harley pops up going 'It's dangerous... two kids alone like this.' I love there expressions when he does that (especially Drew's) xD

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
Spontaneous Combusken = Drew blushed!!!
aww my goodness~!!
*faints after seeing Drew blush*

What episode is your favorite for Contestshipping? Explain.
The Unbeatable Lightness Of Seeing
BINGO!
It was so lovely for May and Drew to watch the sunset together
although I haven't watched the ep yet XD
but I saw the episode pics in serebii.net
my damned tv broken when the ep was aired!
*cries*

Dawn's Paul

bad hair day...
hmmm.. Nobody's in?
New topic then.
Say Drew, by some luck decides to retire from contests, and decides to mentor May. discuss.

I see Drew FINALLY letting loose of his emotions one otherwise fine and dandy day and finally, breaking down and confessing! He may have a cool icy exterior, but I think he'd be melting down one day, after trying not to say it for years. (estimate- 4 years.) he'd be on his knees, begging to stick by May forever. probably when no.one but them AND Saori. And she'll tell the whole world.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Say Drew, by some luck decides to retire from contests, and decides to mentor May.

Um, they would get incredibly irritated with each other at first. Drew's a perfectionist, and he would drive May up the wall with criticism. Because no one can live up to perfection, and May wouldn't be fond of constant critique, they would go at it like cats and dogs. Drew wouldn't understand what her issue is with doing it right, and May would want him off her back.

Though after a while and lot of fights later they would come to more of an understanding. Drew would lay off a tad, because he has little choice if he want to continue speaking to her, and May would be a little more understading of how he is. They would eventually get along for the most part, though with still a few arguments every now and then over advice and who's right.

But it'd probably be better if she decided to learn on her own after a little while, because I think it'd get on their nerves less. The bright side is though, that they might understand each other better and know more about how they feel. But probably better if she went on her own after they reached their understanding and were getting along better.

Rebeccag

The unbelievable lightness of seeing. May thinks about Drew then he arrives ^_^. And theres the Harley scene "We were just talking"

What episode is your favorite for Contestshipping?

Any involving the Grand Festival. Probably the Kanto ones more than the Houen ones though

Cloudskye

The Holly Leaves

The unbelievable lightness of seeing. May thinks about Drew then he arrives ^_^. And theres the Harley scene "We were just talking"

Oh, yes. I can agree with that. Also, "Who, What, When, Where, Whynaut" is another one of my favs. The scene with May trying to rescue Drew is kawaii! *squee*

Cloudskye

The Holly Leaves

Oh, yes. I can agree with that. Also, "Who, What, When, Where, Whynaut" is another one of my favs. The scene with May trying to rescue Drew is kawaii! *squee*

I-Heart-Richie

What episode is your favorite for Contestshipping?

Any involving the Grand Festival. Probably the Kanto ones more than the Houen ones though

For both of those questions I choose that episode. For everything you said, as well as the fact that that one episode was what made me become a Contestshipper. <3 The funny thing about that was I was told to watch that episode for more palletshipping hints (which there were <3), but since the palletshipping part was only for like a few seconds, during the whole rest of the episode I keep thinking, "she likes him(May and Drew)....and I think he likes her too....they'd be sooo cute together!" And thus my contestshipping love was developed, LoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.