• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anybody for Contestshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
hello all! I've been a contestshipper for a while now but I never posted here before. Mice to meet you all :)

What do you like about Contestshipping? What makes it different? Whose side do you see it from more?

I like that there are actually hints in the show. This is one of the few shippings that the writers actually hint at. With very cute hints too :) I'm pretty sure most girls would love a guy who gives them roses. And she must like him, why else would she follow him to Johto?

If May and Drew went to the same Christmas Party, :)3) Who would try to make it to the Mistletoe with the other first? Drew or May?

I think May would be oblivious and just be wandering around talking to people, but Drew would see her about to walk under the mistletoe and be all smooth and approach her and then kiss her. May would freak out and be all "WHY DID YOU DO THAT??" (while blushing), but Drew would just point out the mistletoe and walk away, leaving May speechless.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
If May and Drew went to the same Christmas Party, :)3) Who would try to make it to the Mistletoe with the other first? Drew or May?

^ I really like Shadow-saur's idea, here. It seems to be exactly correct.

But, I think that May would hang out around it, hoping that Drew would come and make a move. She'd be too afraid to point out the mistletoe to Drew, so she'd pray that he'll notice it himself, or maybe even get a friend of hers to point it out to him. XD

~riolulu

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Well, no one else is saying anything so I guess I'll answer some more topics :)

How would May and Drew get engaged? Who would do it? Where would it be?

I think Drew, being the classy guy he is, would propose to May in some super-romantic way, with dozens of roses and fireworks. On the beach or in a park.

...or it could be just my imagination getting the better of me.

If Drew and May swapped bodies what would happen?

Good times all around. That would have to be the funniest thing ever. May freaking out with Drew's voice; "Blaziken I choose... wait a second. You're a Roserade. What's going on...?" *looks down at self* "AAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!"

or something like that. Only more funny.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
What do you like about Contestshipping? What makes it different? Whose side do you see it from more?
I like how Drew helped May out in times of need. Whenever she was in trouble, Drew would end up being the one to help. Regardless of being rivals, the two know how to team up and look past their differences to fight for a cause. It just seemed funny whenever Drew would hand out roses to May and she would have no idea how to react. "It's for Beautifly" Yeah... sure Drew. XD The Wakana episode just made me like it more (which I think was the highest peak I liked CS) because I remember everyone was going crazy how May blushed over Drew and everyone assumed the letter to May was from Drew. That was fun. I'll have whatever Roselia's having to grow. XD

Why does this make me think of Scobby Doo? XD I can imagine Drew and May reacting like Fred and Daphne did in that movie. May would get all freaked out and stuff while Drew will act cool but secretly will want to look at herself later. ;D Ha, and I can imagine if Harley saw them. Oh god, that'll be gold. Drew will basically tell Harley to gtfo while May will be trying to make Drew more gentle like she's supposed to be. Basically, it'll be crack. XD

SkittyGirl07

I love Contestshipping. May and Drew might have started out hating each other, but they've grown to each other. If Drew didn't like May, would he give her roses? I think not. And he has flirted with her. It's just so cute.

I-Heart-Richie

How would May and Drew get engaged? Who would do it? Where would it be?[/B]
First off, they'll probably be training... then get into a huge argument. All of a sudden, Drew kneels down and gives the ring to May, while at the very same beach they met for the first time. May, of course, being the person she is, would go blur. She will of course accept the proposal and Drew puts on the ring onto her finger + give her a rose from Roserade. ^.^

^^Awww, they would go back to the beach they met at.....::melts in puddle of goo:: that's too cute, :)

Why does this make me think of Scobby Doo? XD I can imagine Drew and May reacting like Fred and Daphne did in that movie. May would get all freaked out and stuff while Drew will act cool but secretly will want to look at herself later. ;D Ha, and I can imagine if Harley saw them. Oh god, that'll be gold. Drew will basically tell Harley to gtfo while May will be trying to make Drew more gentle like she's supposed to be. Basically, it'll be crack. XD

.....If Harley saw them!! LoL
That would be amazing, think, if he knew about the whole switch-a-roo from the beginning, can you imagine the things he would do/say to them? Especially if they were trying to keep it a secret that they switched in the first place. :D

Hazel_Nut

Yay contestshipping!!! ^ ^
I'm an addict! I kept screaming "contestshipping!" in school over and over really high pitched until my seatmate got addicted, too, until her friend said, "What have you done, you infected her with your 'contestshipping!!!'"

It's special 'coz it has got so much proof! And, they are really cute, too! It's too obvious that May likes Drew. But for Drew...you have to think about it more...don't arrogant people usuall hide everything embarrasing just for their public image...? :3 I'm on to him.....

Gosh....o_O :O o_O >.<U
GAAAHHH IT'S TOO MUCH!!!! O.O

*grin* First of all, they most DEFINITELY won't do it in a public place. That'd be like standing onstage and saying suddenly: "WILL YOU MARRY ME?!?!"
Though I did see that on TV. o_O
Maybe it'll be accidental again....May just sees Drew, they're alone....
*squeal*
Sunset.......*Squeal* Ocean in view......*SQUEAL*
I CANT DO THIS IT'S WEIRD TO IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!
I could write something weird.

Drew....coz if May's acting social, she'll forget to make a move, but if she dosen't, she'll be too shy COZ SHE LIKES HIM!!!!!

EDIT: I have proof that Roselia is a contestshipper:
May: I only know one person who'd send me something like that, Mr. Rose!
Drew: Mr. Rose?! *blushes*
Roselia: Roselia!
Drew: *blushes harder* Roselia!!!
LOLZ Roselia is teasing Drew!!!

Last edited:

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Wow... I haven't posted here in a long time...

If May and Drew swapped bodies, what would happen?
Haha! This is really my kind of topic!!

Anyways, May and Drew would probably fight with eachother the whole way...
Kinda like this:

May (in Drew's body): WHAT?!?! Change me back! Change me back now!!!

Drew (in May's body): Okay, first of all, I didn't do this. Second of all,
i'm just as mad about this as you are!

May: I don't care! JUST FIX THIS!!!

Drew: I can't fix it! We may be stuck this way forever!!

May: F-forever?! (puts Drew's hands on his hips) Well this is just great!

Drew: Don't put my hands on my hips! Guys don't do that!

May: I'll put your hands on your hips if I want to! In fact, i'll even swing my hips like a supermodel!

Drew: Don't you dare...

May: (swinging Drew's hips) Swingy, swingy, swingy, girly, girly, girly! :D

Drew: MAAAAY!!!!

What do ya think? I got that last part from Jimmy Neutron. I thought it was kinda funny.

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
Hey, I've been an Contestshipper... for... -stares at calendar- three years now, so I thought I might as well stop being my lazy self and post in the thread^^"

Since I have no idea as to what is going on, topics for me! -rips off from Hazel_Nut's post-:

The roses. That's basically it. I know it sounds kind of odd, but I have a reason. See, I actually didn't originally like Contestshipping. It was after my friend repeatedly called my at, like, 3pm (which is when I sleep, mind you) waking me up and saying 'OMG! HE GAVE HER ANOTHER ROSE!' When I had no idea who she was talking about (I didn't watch Pokemon at the time) did I finally start to like the pairing. After that, it was really the fanfics, AMVs, Who, What, Where, When, Wynaut , and, of course, the roses that kept me interested. I see it more from Drew's side; just because the fanfics have drilled it into my brain. Besides, May is like all girls in love; Drew's original ;P

Uh... May would probably be like 'Omg, Drew, you better not of peeked!' and then he would be like... 'Pshh, yeah right' and then they'd fight; May saying she's hot and Drew denying it xD" (I have a weird mind :p)

I'd say... during a Grand Festival, when Drew won. He'd walk off the stage, come back, and then say something like 'oh, and by the way, May, would you marry me?' To the whole crowd before walking off and going to see her backstage while she stares at the screen. Then, after like, 5 minutes when it sinks in, she'll be jumping up and down screaming yes^^

Drew, obviously. He strikes me as the more flirtatious one ;) (Although that can be from the thousands of fanfics I have read...)

Oh, and for people who didn't notice, I'm an avid fanfic reader.

In fact, I just started a new contestshipping story:
Precious Moments
Read it, if you want^^"

Last edited:

AmberFire284

Oh, riiiiight!
I live. ish. Sort of. Um, yeah, I have no actual excuse for leaving for so long. And
ChibiSenseiChan, I didn't abandon the forum. I'm taking some leave, I guess.

Answer questions... right?

I love their dynamics. How both of them actually care, you know? I like how both of them interact, how they react... Yeah, enough said, I guess. I see it most from Drew, with him watching her so much.

Did this come out before? Ah well, they'd be embarrassed like heck.

Isn't the guy the one who should propose? And Drew seems more likely to do so, anyways. Well, maybe after one of them wins the Grand Festival.

Drew. Or some trick involving Harley. Or Solidad. Either ways, I wanna watch.

I-Heart-Richie

Wow... I haven't posted here in a long time...

If May and Drew swapped bodies, what would happen?
Haha! This is really my kind of topic!!

Anyways, May and Drew would probably fight with eachother the whole way...
Kinda like this:

May (in Drew's body): WHAT?!?! Change me back! Change me back now!!!

Drew (in May's body): Okay, first of all, I didn't do this. Second of all,
i'm just as mad about this as you are!

May: I don't care! JUST FIX THIS!!!

Drew: I can't fix it! We may be stuck this way forever!!

May: F-forever?! (puts Drew's hands on his hips) Well this is just great!

Drew: Don't put my hands on my hips! Guys don't do that!

May: I'll put your hands on your hips if I want to! In fact, i'll even swing my hips like a supermodel!

Drew: Don't you dare...

May: (swinging Drew's hips) Swingy, swingy, swingy, girly, girly, girly! :D

Drew: MAAAAY!!!!

What do ya think? I got that last part from Jimmy Neutron. I thought it was kinda funny.

LMAO!!!!! Oh that made me laugh sooooooo much :D
But I actually DO see May doing something like this, LoL.

Oh, and for people who didn't notice, I'm an avid fanfic reader.

In fact, I just started a new contestshipping story:
Precious Moments
Read it, if you want^^"

LoL! Nope I noticed, :)
But don't worry, I LOVE fanfiction too, :~)
....So I just finished reading your story, and it was TOO CUTE!! I really liked it, at first I thought that they were in the delivery room and were trying to tell the nurse what to write down for the baby's name, but clearly I was wrong, LoL. Your atmosphere was better though, more relaxed. And let me just tell you: YOU FRICKIN ROCK for naming Ash and Misty's kid Ritchie!!!!! As you can probably tell (my display name) I LOVE Richie (from the series), and although I have no clue if you named him Ritchie because of that or not, I still made the connection, and it still rocks! LoL

Anyways, we need new topics......::thinks for a bit:: Hmmm, can't think of anything. Did we already have any Christmas topics? Since I can't remember, I'll just go ahead and make New Years Topics:

A.) What do you think will be May/Drew's New Year Resolutions? (Can be anything, but must also have some relation to contestshipping of course)

B.) How will their New Years kiss go down/happen? Describe the setting, place, etc.

Last edited:

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
@AmberFire: kk^^ see you when you come back :p

@I-Heart-Ritchie: Yay! Fanfic readers unite!^^ And I'm happy you enjoyed my story. :p I would've made it in the hospital, but that's to much drama for me. xD" But yup, I named him because of the anime character, since, you know, they're both like Ash. xP

@Everyone: Call me Chibi! Not ChibiSenseiChan!

Topics~:

What do you think will be May/Drew's New Year Resolutions? (Can be anything, but must also have some relation to contestshipping of course)
I think May's is going to beat Drew again, definitely. And Drew's going to resolve to propose! I have no idea what Drew's would be, probably to meet May again in Johto. :p

How will their New Years kiss go down/happen? Describe the setting, place, etc.
Ack, I hate describing. ><" Um, probably under fireworks or something, I don't know. (I'm really ad with these types of questions^^")

Oh! And I got a new one!

Who would win in a snowball fight, Drew or May?
xD Totally random. Okay, I think Drew would pwn May, and then she'd get all mad and start cheating somehow. xP Then it'd be an all out war!^^

Last edited:

csisps_26

Roark <3
OK, well then... hi Chibi! :D

What do you think will be May/Drew's New Year Resolutions? (Can be anything, but must also have some relation to contestshipping of course)
May - Defeat Drew, win the Grand Festival... make Drew propose to her
Drew - win ribbons, defeat May, win the Grand Festival... propose to May... Uh... what did I just say? :p

At first, it's Drew. Then May gets all mad, get's Drew attention, meaning Drew coming in to comfort her, and "SPLAT" May splats a snowball at Drew's handsome face. :3

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
I miss contestshipping *sniff*

I think that May will secretly make one of her new year goals to be with Drew the entire year, if they're already dating. if they're not dating, her goal will be to date him ^///^ Drew's goals will probably be along the lines of contests and pokémon, but May will be in there...somehow. *can't think of anything yet*

I think that Drew wouldn't even want to snowball fight at first, but May would get angry at one of his remarks, and throw one at him. he'd be like "okay, that's it!" and throw one at her. They would be all running around and stuff until Drew ran to May and grabbed her "gotcha!" *squee* I think i'm too much of a fangirl....

~riolulu

I-Heart-Richie

@I-Heart-Ritchie: Yay! Fanfic readers unite!^^ And I'm happy you enjoyed my story. :p I would've made it in the hospital, but that's to much drama for me. xD" But yup, I named him because of the anime character, since, you know, they're both like Ash. xP

....Just so you know, you ROCK MAJORLY HARD for that one, :D

TOPICS:

Well I think that they would have the usual/basic things: win more contests, train harder, etc. etc. But other than that, I see Drew deciding that he would have to kick his flirting up a notch and that sometime before the year is out that he would tell May how he feels. I see May's being something along the lines of deciding to really take the time out and thinking about her and Drew's relationship (or lack of one) will a full-on tackle-the-issue-and-actually-see-what's-right-in-front-of-her-eyes-and-deal-with-it-way....

How will their New Years kiss go down/happen? Describe the setting, place, etc.

I think it will be outside. They will be at a New Years party, and when it's time for the ball to drop everyone would be gathered around the tv all happy and excitied, and May would look around and realize that Drew wasn't there. She'd spot him on the balcony though, so she would go outside and ask him what was wrong, and he would tell her that he's just been thinking about a lot of things. And while she's questioning him, the countdown would start, and when it hits midnight, Drew would look her in the eyes and lean in and give her a very sweet and simple kiss. Surprised May would only be able to look at him in shock, and when she finally gets her voice back and asks why he did it, Drew would reply that that's what usually happens at midnight. May would then blush and look away, and Drew would then take her hand and take her back inside so they could join the official New Years toast and be apart of the party again. :D (Reads this over....hmmmm....I should make a one-shot to this....thinks.....)

Drew definately, but May would put up a good fight. Until....Drew starts flirting with her, then she'd be putty in his hands, :D

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
Dude, no one has posted...in...-checks calendar-11 days. o.o Is contestshipping dying? T~T You know what, I'm making that a topic:

Do you think Contestshipping is dying? Why?
Based on this forum, yes. Although, there are still some new fan-made things, so I'm not entirely sure. Let's just hope it lasts as long as Pokeshipping and Palletshipping and all those old ones.

I-Heart-Ritchie: Thanks :p

The shipping itself isn't dying ..it's just we haven't seen neither of the characters. All we got was Haruka visiting Shinou for the Wallace cup, and she mentioned Shuu a little. But sadly, no scenes with the characters just makes less talk and inspiration for the shippers.

I still say Contestshipping is my favorite shipping, and the one I've fell the most obsession for. But there's just not much to talk about anymore, besides hoping we see the two together in the future episodes. Or just if we had more random creative people making up random topics, but there's a time when that just stops, sadly.

The shipping, though, has been one of the only canon (almost canon at least) shipping in the show between main characters. So that's something we should be happy for. And I think most people now just accept that the two like each other. Even the ones that totally denied it before. :)

I'll always love Contestshipping though. <3

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I have not posted here in eighty-trillion years. o_o Um, hi guys!

'Dying', no... slowing down - yeah, probably. It's totally normal for ship discussion to trail off when both characters leave the show, I think. IMO this affects Contestshippers more than shippers of other pairings because our discussions have always been so canon-oriented. Fanon shippers are better at sustaining the conversation because they aren't blocked in by what happens in the show.

I suppose I feel as though Contestshipping, the storyline, is probably over as far as the Pokemon anime goes. We might get a throwaway line some time, there's a slim chance of getting closure in an epilogue, but I feel there's a good chance The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing was the end. And that's fine! It was a good end, and CS got a good story that I'll always enjoy rewatching. But yeah, I certainly don't feel the urge to talk about the pairing all the time, like I did when it was an ongoing thing.

If Drew ever makes another appearance, though, THAT'LL be a different story. ;)

And having said all that, I do still write fanfiction for CS, come to think of it. So sure, the ship lives on!

edit: lol, you can tell we all posted at the same time!

Last edited:

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper

As long as people keep talking about it, drawing about it, and writing about it, it can't really die. But it's hard to talk about something in which the characters have given us no new material in a long time - there's only so many old things you can talk about! Pokeshipping is also suffering from this right now, my other favorite shipping.

I have probably read thousands of fanfiction over the years, and I'm always seeing new Contestshippy stuff at fanfiction.net. So people do still support it :)

ChibiSenseiChan

100% Shipping Crazy
IMO this affects Contestshippers more than shippers of other pairings because our discussions have always been so canon-oriented. Fanon shippers are better at sustaining the conversation because they aren't blocked in by what happens in the show.
But...doesn't Contestshipping become a fanon shipping after they leave? I mean, I know I still love the pairing not because of the show, but because of all the fan made material. Still, you are right that this thread is dying from lack of new ideas.

...there's only so many old things you can talk about! Pokeshipping is also suffering from this right now, my other favorite shipping.
Yeah... hey! Maybe we should do something. I don't know what, but maybe whatever the more fanon oriented threads do to stay alive. Like, I know the Ikarishipping thread has this song list, contests, etc.

P.S. And now everyone's posting. xD"

Status
Not open for further replies.